Thread: Arrogance and Type

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Arrogance and Type

I heard someone say today that arrogance is related to the fact that impulses can not be controlled. I often hear that someone's impulses can not be controlled but I don't relate it to any category other than that. I'm wondering if this correlates to function use and weakness or even POLR.

What function is responsible for control of these impulses that if one has a lacking of makes one in a way arrogant? I was thinking control and bold movements or speech, so possibly a lack of Se.

As far as function placement, I'm thinking a weak function, yet complex/mental, possibly inert and accepting. I'm not sure about evaluatory/situational, but the POLR seems to fit the position.

This would mean that LII and EII could tend to be more arrogant (if there were a bigger mental issue), and I'm not sure how that plays out in your opinion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The very perception of someone as "arrogant" is subjective, I think. And I think it's usually related to the person you see as "arrogant" having as strong function a function that you value but is also weak. For instance, someone who has as base function the IM element you have as 6th function.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that intertype relations may play a role in perception of "arrogance." But I don't think this would make one typically see one's dual type or activity partner as arrogant, if that's what's being implied.

To me, it makes more sense that people not valuing functions that you value will be interpreted as arrogance (as they may seem to brush off things you think are important, which may appear arrogant).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrogance is a trait common in people with low serotonin level. This is correlated to Introtimness.