Thread: SEIs are Pack Rats

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default SEIs are Pack Rats

I have yet to meet an SEI who does not admit to being a pack rat. I live with an SEI. Here are a couple examples of his pack-ratedness.

My mom bought some small lunchables. We ate them. SEI liked the way the plastic bottoms were shaped. So he collected them and stashed them in the piano bench. Later, my SLE brother (youngest) saw them and tried to throw them away. SEI yelled and cried and didn't let SLE clear them out.

Our church wanted some paper towel rolls for some craft projects. My mom got a few slightly smashed ones collected. SEI noticed, went into his room, and brought out a handful of quality paper towel rolls. My mom and I stared. He suggested more and went back into his room. He completely filled a grocery bag with paper towel tubes that he had stashed away.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither have I. I've actually noticed most SEIs clearing out clutter to keep things clean and comfortable. Seems in my experience that they run to the detailed/coherent/clean or disordered/comfortable/essentialist.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to keep things around that are pretty or have personal value, and can accumulate some crap after a while otherwise, but with the last one it always gets to the point where it makes me want to scream and I purge everything (I do this a lot with important paper work ).
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I like to keep things around that are pretty or have personal value, and can accumulate some crap after a while otherwise, but with the last one it always gets to the point where it makes me want to scream and I purge everything (I do this a lot with important paper work ).
    +1.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My IEI grandma hated throwing things away. I remember one time she couldn't even throw away an eggshell. She painted it with a mustache and some eyes and put it on top of the TV.

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda cute, but I couldn't live with a packrat.

I hate clutter. *looks around at highly messy room*
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all SEIs are pack-rats. My SEI dad (Fe-sub) IS a pack-rat but my SEI friend (Si-sub) is definitely NOT. His EII wife is, however. And it drives him crazy.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know one who is a pack rat and one who is not. So I'm guessing it's not type related.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Last edited by pinkcanary; 06-10-2017 at 02:15 AM.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkcanary View Post
    lol those lunchable trays would be great for mixing paint and paper towel rolls good for filling in candy or something... though i don't do this, it's funny though. I'm a packrat when it comes to keeping nice ribbons and things for future projects and gifts. my room is clean right now, except for my desk. it's cluttered with beads, yarn, small handmade boxes, tools, printed papers with patterns, for the past week. It only gets this way because of my recent obsession with crocheting, keeping things clean just suddenly lose priority, when i'm deep into anything. Atm, I'm making a large frog doll and a small polar bear doll for my niece. I discovered how cute those amigurumi dolls are, google it and see for yourselves if you want, it's a lot of fun making them. I ordered two books off amazon on amigurumi and another book on crafts. so far, i've spent 75 dollars on books and supplies and wasn't aware of how much i spent. lol.
    Haha ditto!! Although I don't crochet. I made these, I can give you a copy of the tut if you want?

My room is spotless but I do tend to pilfer art supplies. My bookshelf (which I use as a cross between a clothes drawer and general storage in my room) is full of q-tips for blending pencil, brushes, ribbons, canvas, random fixatives and paints etc.

My desk has two fish, lollies, pringles, blending sticks, about 20 different types of pencils, erasers, lip balm and a hair tie so my body doesn't distract me and piss me off when I'm in "art mode", a digital drawing tablet, art masking fluid and an airbrushing kit currently sitting on it. Oh and I have a few car parts in my bookshelf too, as I'm doing an engine transplant on my prelude at the moment, but nothing greasy and gross (not in my room anyway!).

I also have a screen printer, more canvas, a guitar and a shitload of material to make ballet flats in the corner of the room near the body board and my dog's bed (which is a moot point because she's currently snoring on MY bed <3)

So, in all, I'm not generally a pack rat but I don't like to waste stuff that can be made into art-related stuff that I can later gift in some hand-made, heartfelt manner.

If you walked into my room you probably wouldn't realise how much stuff I do have because I usually keep it impeccably neat and well-presented, unless I'm in a bad mood or something. Wow, that was long-winded. I do love my room though. Oh and a bunch of Douglas Adams books in there somewhere too, lol.

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Last edited by pinkcanary; 06-10-2017 at 02:15 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTjs are pencil pushers.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."