Thread: xLE :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation xLE :(

Okay, I am 100% sure that I am an ExTp of somesort. But I can't figure out whether I am or leading...

I've tried looking at the quadrant descriptions and both sound preferable for different reasons. I have also tried reading functional descriptions and even just rating the functions according to my use....and again, same use with different reasons.

I think my behavior may be very dual-seeking, because I spend a lot of time flitting from activity to activity, then getting worn out and frustrated when none of them lead to any sense of...satisfaction. Then when I try NOT flitting, I just get depressed and angry because I'm not doing enough. Is this even Ni dual-seeking? Or is it every day people shiz?

Yeah. I'm confused.

EDIT: Thread title should be xLE not LxE...
    Last edited by smith666; 05-19-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: delirium

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could be SLE based on what you say.

My advice is to talk to hkkmr - he seems to be considering the same thing. He started out as an ILE, but had some doubts, and suspects he could be an SLE. I think he's an ILE, personally, but talk to him, and maybe you'll resolve something between you.

Alternatively, talk to all the SLEs on the forum, and talk to all the ILEs on the forum, and see who resonates more with you. It's normally easier to tell between two different base functions than it is to tell between two different creative functions (i.e. it's easier to decide between ILE and SLE than IEE and SEE).

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smith666 View Post
    I think my behavior may be very dual-seeking, because I spend a lot of time flitting from activity to activity, then getting worn out and frustrated when none of them lead to any sense of...satisfaction. Then when I try NOT flitting, I just get depressed and angry because I'm not doing enough. Is this even Ni dual-seeking? Or is it every day people shiz?
    If that's Ni dual-seeking then I'm Ni dual-seeking defined. Sounds like 7 behaviour in general, lol.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    smith666, what kind of "satisfaction" are you looking for?
    LMAO

Smith, VI???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what you wrote could apply to dual-seeking, maybe you are looking for some meaning and direction to your life and activities?
    YES! Because whenever I've been in school or used to do swim team I was cool; even if I start to loose motivation because it's taking really long to reach whatever goal I have, there still is a point. It seems like I can't come up with these "purposeful" activities myself tho, which bums me out when I get to thinking about it.

smith666, what kind of "satisfaction" are you looking for?
    The carnal kind!
    Last edited by smith666; 05-20-2009 at 04:23 PM.