Thread: Can ESEs be Ice Queens?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can ESEs be Ice Queens?

In your encounters with ESEs, have you ever known ESEs to be ice queens or have icy personalities?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    In your encounters with ESEs, have you ever known ESEs to be ice queens or have icy personalities?
    Of the ones I've typed, no. They tend to be overwhelmingly warm and friendly. Even the people they dislike they tend to engage, sometimes with a few subtle or overt jabs at the person that are more jokesy.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Even the people they dislike they tend to engage, sometimes with a few subtle or overt jabs at the person that are more jokesy.
    Yeah there was an FeSi who admitted she hated me, and she still acted "warm" towards me.

I don't know any FeSi's that are icy, and I find them unlikely to be ice queens. FeNi's could be though.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I don't know any FeSi's that are icy, and I find them unlikely to be ice queens. FeNi's could be though.
    I don't know any icy ESEs either. My EIE aunt can appear icy.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend is an ESE. I wouldn't call her icy, but she tends to be a little more reserved around established groups that she isn't already a part of and because she has a snarky tongue, it can come off as icy until she becomes more comfortable.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's very unlikely, but I also dislike blanket statements.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    No, but I'm also wary of blanket statements like "ESEs are never icy."
    If the mood of ESEs are frequently reflective of their environments (or at least responsive to it), you would think that ESEs could, and occasionally would, be icy or cold.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-Cyclops

If the mood of ESEs are frequently reflective of their environments (or at least responsive to it), you would think that ESEs could, and occasionally would, be icy or cold.
    Do you think this is different to other types?

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never say never but I've never seen it and I'd place the likelihood extremely low.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think that most of us ese's are icy, although i can be once ive reached my final straw with someone but that usually takes a while to get to that point. atleast imo

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, icy means gay, due to when you type it on your cell phone. I'm sure there are some gay ESEs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya id agree with that i just dont really see myself as icy... unless ive reached that last point

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah i haven't met any either. Although i do like blankets. They protect me from feeling icy
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Nah i haven't met any either. Although i do like blankets. They protect me from feeling icy
    Hehe that was funny!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    Hehe that was funny!
    You are my new favourite pumpkin
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha what bullshit. Though they did have a funny line about the ice queen: It is usually a waste of time approaching this woman; she may be ready with a castrating put-down.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are my new favourite pumpkin
    Aww thanks meatburger

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had a shift at work with an ESFj last night. I had not met her before because she had been on holidays. She rang me up on the phone earlier that week to swap a shift and the Fe in her voice was astounding. She had such a perfectly regulated voice or something it was very soothing.

We got on very well quickly, especially because we were studying the same subject. It was great because she said "we have a few hours to kill what should we do?". So we sat on the couch and watched David Attenborough and she was talking about how much she loved different animals lol. Normally people just do their own thing at my work so it was refreshing. She was also very physically close to me. She sat right next to me on the couch quite close mirroing my body language and was very close when we were using the computer. I could have mistaken it for flirting but she has quite a long time boyfriend who she talked about a bit so i just took it for friendliness. It was a very fun and good shift. She was quite attractive too!

In fact i think all three of the managers are ESFj's at my work. Its odd because i hadn't met many before this. I like them all actually.

ESFj: A+ :redface:
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awww, cute! ESFjs can be very pleasant and fun!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAY!! see its not that we flirt.. its just that we can be super friendly plus you enfp are really easy to get along with my moms one and we just talk and talk and talk.. i think my best friend of 5 years is one too.. probably not my moms subtype tho.. shes a bit feisty.. more like me!
    ESFj.... Fe Subtype

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAY!! see its not that we flirt.. its just that we can be super friendly plus you enfp are really easy to get along with my moms one and we just talk and talk and talk.. i think my best friend of 5 years is one too.. probably not my moms subtype tho.. shes a bit feisty.. more like me!
    my esfj husband and enfp mom get along really great. my husband also has a good friend (male) who is enfp. they have a blast together. (and that particular enfp is married to an esfj)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Through a theoretical understanding of functions it is very possible that an ESE can be "icy". This would occur if everyone else behaved icily. If it were the norm. Such as if a particular family behaved that way, or a community. This attitude would be brought with them because of an extraverted feeling attitude.

Also, some people, regardless of "type" simply conclude permanently or temporarily, that human beings are hurtful and deceptive. From this they conclude that it is not necessary to be warm or friendly because everything is fake, anyway. As I felt today while passing people at the park.

I am normally very warm toward people, but today I wanted to see how cold I can be. It felt weird because I noticed that if you don't look at people and look down, or keep staring forward, they pretty much get the message and leave you alone.

Maybe the best advice is to understand that a person being cold might just want to be left alone. This is universal and irrespective of "type".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had a shift at work with an ESFj last night. I had not met her before because she had been on holidays. She rang me up on the phone earlier that week to swap a shift and the Fe in her voice was astounding. She had such a perfectly regulated voice or something it was very soothing.

We got on very well quickly, especially because we were studying the same subject. It was great because she said "we have a few hours to kill what should we do?". So we sat on the couch and watched David Attenborough and she was talking about how much she loved different animals lol. Normally people just do their own thing at my work so it was refreshing. She was also very physically close to me. She sat right next to me on the couch quite close mirroing my body language and was very close when we were using the computer. I could have mistaken it for flirting but she has quite a long time boyfriend who she talked about a bit so i just took it for friendliness. It was a very fun and good shift. She was quite attractive too!

In fact i think all three of the managers are ESFj's at my work. Its odd because i hadn't met many before this. I like them all actually.

ESFj: A+ :redface:
    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    my esfj husband and enfp mom get along really great. my husband also has a good friend (male) who is enfp. they have a blast together. (and that particular enfp is married to an esfj)
    oh yay! i was wondering if a marriage between and enfp and an esfj would work... they are always so easy to talk to what's their marriage like?
    ESFj.... Fe Subtype

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yay! i was wondering if a marriage between and enfp and an esfj would work... they are always so easy to talk to what's their marriage like?
    they've been married for about 14 years I think. They have three children. They've got a lot of energy and a pretty active social life. But I will admit that lately they've had their share of issues and problems. I think the third child was the metaphorical straw that broke the camel's back. It's just a lot to deal with and then his income was reduced (which is better than getting laid off but still!) so things are mildly stressful at the moment. But overall, it's good. Time will tell....
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh im so sorry to hear that.. life seems pretty stressful for everyone right now.. hopefully their marriage continues to grow in brighter light! i think children can be pretty stressful.. i wonder if the types being types but maybe the types being flipped around in this situation how that would work out.. just curious
    ESFj.... Fe Subtype