Thread: My mother, one more time

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My mother, one more time

I had a typing thread about her before. And I even posted a couple pics and some people were saying she VId ENTp. Which she clearly is NOT. But anyway, I spent the weekend with her and realized that she could be NeFi>FiNe.

She exudes Ne through ever pore. She's always throwing out possibilities. Eventually it gets annoying. She clearly values Ne>Ni and Si>Se but Fe and Fi are harder to decipher and I can't tell about Te or Ti either because she's not strong in T but she is strong in F which I think makes her ENFp.

And I used to see her as rational but I really don't know anymore. Sometimes Ij vs. Ep temperaments are hard to tell apart for me. Are there some easy ways to tell them apart? She's kinda naturally lazy. But she gets excited about going places and doing things. Loves to travel. She's a self-proclaimed 7 on the enneagram. Seems to have a short attention span. Loses things easily. Misplaces her keys almost every day. But laughs about it. It's not easy for her to be organized. She has to force herself. She has an obsession with becoming more self-disciplined. She feels out of control and wants to be in control or something. She talks about it a lot (I get tired of it). She's always berated herself for not being smarter, not understanding academic stuff and not appreciating really good literature. She'd rather just read the latest best seller or whatever.

When I stop to think about it, she does kind of remind me of my ENFp friend (a male though, so it's hard for me to compare them also b/c he's so much younger and she's my mom). Growing up, our house was a mess all the time. Since she's gotten older, she's so much better about it. But I can remember living in total chaos. I guess that doesn't sound much like INFj, eh?

does she sound ENFp? (my dad is ISFp, by the way but heavily Fe-subtype almost to the point of me wondering if he might be INFp)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default X

Yeah, why not ENFp?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Yeah, why not ENFp?
    It just surprises me! All this time I thought she was INFj, mostly because I consider her pretty introverted and she can kind of play the rational to my dad's irrationality but I'm not seeing that so much anymore.

It was funny and kind of frustrating to be with them this weekend. Neither of them are Se valuers so we're all wandering around randomly, unable to make decisions. And with them not really caring about it! I kind of had to take the bull by the horns at one point. I guess it's always been this way but I never noticed the extent of it!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Cyclops

I think she sounds ENFp fwiw. If she ain't ENTp like you say, then I think more sure of ENFp. I don't think she sounds like an INFj.

Oh, enneagram type 7 is a really common one for ENXp's to identify with, which I think makes sense because a lot of it sounds like it's describing a person with dominant , so with her strongly identifying with this enneagram, it's also a pretty good pointer towards her being ENXp.

She's showing a lot of Ne as you mention and as you are struggling to tell if she is Ti or Fi then it makes sense that Ne is her guiding function in life, it's the most apparent (people's dominant functions always show through eventually-it's our rock in life)! so with that in mind makes it more likely it's her strongest function.

Re your question re IJ and EP; It sounds simple but I think IJ types are more organised and consistent. Not just in work but overall in life. It sounds like your mum isn't really like that. I also think how a persons energy directed makes a difference: Introverts are more comfortable thinking and less comfortable speaking (they have things clearly thought out in their heads but feel less confident when externally expressing them in comparison to their own internal thoughts), where as extroverts are more comfortable thinking out loud than they are within, which usually makes them seem more talkative (there's a reinin dichotomy which describes this pretty well, which I can go into if you like)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Re your question re IJ and EP; It sounds simple but I think IJ types are more organised and consistent. Not just in work but overall in life. It sounds like your mum isn't really like that. I also think how a persons energy directed makes a difference: Introverts are more comfortable thinking and less comfortable speaking (they have things clearly thought out in their heads but feel less confident when externally expressing them in comparison to their own internal thoughts), where as extroverts are more comfortable thinking out loud than they are within, which usually makes them seem more talkative (there's a reinin dichotomy which describes this pretty well, which I can go into if you like)
    Oh that was helpful, thanks! She is way more comfortable speaking than thinking. LOL Okay, ENFp it is then
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    (there's a reinin dichotomy which describes this pretty well, which I can go into if you like)
    Threadjack: do you mind?

*is curious*

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Threadjack: do you mind?

*is curious*
    Sure! I'd like to hear it too
    IEI-Fe 4w3