Thread: Procrastination & free time

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Procrastination & free time

deleted
    Last edited by guest32456; 12-30-2020 at 01:11 PM.
    Five/Tanzhe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like weak .

I have similar experiences.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProcrastinateTomorrow View Post
    Sounds like weak .

I have similar experiences.

I'm skeptical that it necessarily has anything to do with weak Te.

....Depending on your particular system/definitions, that is.

Some people define Te as "productivity"...ergo, any procrastination means lack of Te.

In my observation, ESIs and LSIs usually don't have as big a problem with procrastination as some other types, despite the former having "weak" Te and the latter having "devauled" Te.

I think to an extent despite the fact that it seems type-related (because it is personality related), it may not be. There is a wide discrepancy between people of the same type with regards to procrastination, I think.

But regarding type-related stuff, there are probably several factors...it may not all be one thing.
    * Irrational types are more likely than rational types to get "lost" in their perceptions and not have a sense of "definiteness" about them, which could lead to procrastination.
    * Ne/Si quadras may, according to some models, have less of a future orientation, and consequently be more likely to procrastinate.
    * Having Se PoLR may make one put off Se things.
    * Being introverted may cause one not value outside things (e.g., one really doesn't care that much about the outside world so one's not motivated to do anything about it).
    * Having weak anything may cause you to put off that sort of thing (so ILI may procrastinate calling people and interacting, weak-Si types may put off Si kinds of tasks...etc....

I think the last point is the key one. What you procrastinate says more about you than the fact that you procrastinate.

Nevertheless, I very much agree with the original post that procrastination tends to be a sort of habit, or mode, that feeds on itself.. So if you get out of that pattern, you can be free from it for awhile.