View Poll Results: What type is Joy?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shut up, you're an ENTp. You've already had 6 threads about your type. Good grief.

17 60.71%
  • I think you could very well be an ESFp.

11 39.29%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joy an ESFp?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Joy an ESFp?

Don't vote until you read this post!

I'll bet you thought the day would never come...

I think I may be an ESFp. When I look at how I was before I started taking any medications, I look more ESFp than ENTp by far... but I have been looking back at that period of time in my life as not me because I was so miserable. I hate the idea that I am that person I used to be. I got a lot better when I started taking Wellbutrin, but I still had a hard time keeping up with chores and errands, so I sought treatment for ADD. Since I've been on ADD meds, I have been more xNTx. I've been less impulsive, less emotional, and more introverted.

A forum member told me recently that I'm too dynamic to be an ENTp. I think this may be the case. My talents are interpersonal and also have to do with my spirit... the "there is no such thing as failure, only feedback" thing. I have always had a "can do" attitude (when I am not in the middle of a divorce). Speaking of which... I have had two failed marriages and more than 20 jobs, and I'm 24. Also, I've always had a thing with piercings. I've had 12, and one tattoo. Hehe, I'm just a little bit impulsive. Also... if I added up all the time I've spent alone, not involved with anyone, since I was 14... and I'm talking a couple weeks here and there... it's easily less than 6 months total.

I talk about a lot and enjoy using ... this makes sense for a role function. As far as ... this is tricky. I DO feel irritated when people rub it in my face. It seems odd that one could mistake their 2nd function for their POLR... but I never did think that my hidden agenda was to be loved. Even when I'm being bitchy I still have people's best interests in mind. To me it's better to tell someone what they need to hear but don't want to and have them hate you than it is to say what they want to hear. I think someone with a hidden agenda would do the latter before the former. I have never been one to not care about other's feelings though... I do think people take themselves too seriously a lot of times, and then I feel that I should show them that. I sorta see it as logical to shake the up a little, like breaking a bone in order to reset it properly.

Also... I talk to an INFj a lot. We give eachother advice and emotional support. I have NEVER felt like she was supervising me, though I could sorta see an argument that I supervise her. It's tough to say though because her situation is so serious.

My experiences with my ISFp sister also seem to suggest that she is not my dual. To me ISFps are too weak. It annoys me. My sister is too meek. I love her and we get along, but I get so frustrated about how she doesn't DO anything about her problems. For example at work her employers treat her unfairly, and she won't do anything about it. If I was the one in that situation, I could fix it without causing a problem. In fact, when I start a new job, after 3 months the people who didn't used to like eachother are buddies, and it is because of me. Of course, I end up stiring up all kinds of drama.

The only person from the forum who has met me IRL is discojoe. We'd spent hours a night talking to eachother on line for a couple of months, so his idea of what I'd be like was based on how I presented myself via broadband. After meeting me he said that he was pleasantly suprised. He said that he wasn't expecting me to be so bouncy and smiley and feminine. Of course I argued that I am not bouncy or feminine... but regardless, that was his impression. I do smile a lot though IRL. I find that my smile is disarming, that I can be damn charming when I want to be.

Anyways... this is just an idea.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-aurora_faerie

this makes me not give a fuck what my type or anyone elses type is anymore.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

fakdfkjawi4jtrajkKLGJERJDASJFKJW0E94RJAWEJKJKLJGAK JFRD KFFUKCD OUD SAFKJD KJSKFUCK THIS JTKAJROIEJRFK FJDDB ULLSHIT LSKDJAF30A94U09J5KJ LKQJRTF;LK

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're an ethical type, it's ExFj, and I don't think an ENFj could/would be a house inspector. I'm not getting the Fi at all.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, Joy's a sEnsZoR.

Funny ENTPs, you entertain the rest of us when you aren't even trying.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Creepy-aurora_faerie

ALRIGHT IM OKAY NOW BUT I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT TYPE ANYTHING IS GARG

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very possible. Today my intuition suddenly clicked, and I had the idea that Joy might actually be an ESFp, based on her actual behavior, and from more subtle observations that I won't get into.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know..this has never crossed my mind really. Maybe you are not the most stereotypical ENTp here but jumping from ENTp to ESFp just like that would be too much for me Jumping from hardcore NT to hardcore SF...argh. I still vote for ENTp but I guess I have to pay more attention to this from now on.

Creepy-

You want to jump on the super-ego train with discojoe??

You don't strike me as ESFp, actually. Where's the ? I don't see you as an ethical type. Which reminds me, people were saying you were an ethical type because you talked a lot about your relationships, but look at all the posts INTjs have made about relationships... I think they're winning, actually.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but they're just whining about how they CAN'T have a relationship.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see ESFp, Joy, but I think it would be better to just assume you are simply fucked up.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Cone, what a sweet way to say you think I'm your dual.

I am about 95% sure I'm an ESFp. I also think that discojoe is an INTp, but that was something that he was wondering about long before either of us considered that I may be a sensor. ( I'm a sensor that's funny) NO IT'S NOT BECAUSE THAT MAKES US DUALS. Everyone knows we were perfectly happy thinking we were identicals. The initial attraction makes even more sense if we're duals, but it doesn't really matter... socionics doesn't really matter. heh we're all n00bs
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup.

I think you are both on crack.

I want some of that shit.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem lies in that, in attempting to type themselves, they've looked beyond the mechanisms of their thought process, and are focusing more on their conscious personalities. I believe that what they're seeing as far as these new types go is an over-analysis of their respective s.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with sycophant, share some of that stuff ...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, my conclusions on this matter are completely objective. I will explain everything tomorrow. I am on the phone with Joy and don't feel like it right now.

People are too into this socionics shit and they are over analyzing themselves to the point of confusion.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    People are too into this socionics shit and they are over analyzing themselves to the point of confusion.
    No, this is the exact opposite.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    No, this is the exact opposite.
    That makes no sense. You are saying that you... are making an uneducated guess?

I think DiscoJoe and Joy are fucking with us kids. To prove how subjective some of you poor shits are.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*taps fingers*
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no I still say ISxj... but that's just my guess
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    there goes your ISFj theory for my type, guys!
    There is an inner logic...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-aurora_faerie

there goes your ISFj theory for my type, guys!
    There is an inner logic...

...and we're taught to stay far from it...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Joy once said that no one would EVER convince her she isn't intuitive?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHEN YOU FIRST CAME TO THE FORUM YOU WERE ENTP AND YOUR HUSBAND WAS INTJ

WHEN YOU BROKE UP HE BECAME INTP

THEN YOU AND DJ BECAME IDENTICALS

NOW YOU WANT TO BE DUALS WITH HIM

DON'T YOU SEE YOU &%)y#&*y@_*y_* NO MATTER WHAT YOU TELL YOURSELF YOUR RELATIONSHIPS ARE NOT GOING TO GET ANY BETTER BY PRETENDING THEY ARE BETTER

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Joy an ESFp?

I'll assume you're being serious, for the purpose of this reply --

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Speaking of which... I have had two failed marriages and more than 20 jobs, and I'm 24. Also, I've always had a thing with piercings. I've had 12, and one tattoo. Hehe, I'm just a little bit impulsive. Also... if I added up all the time I've spent alone, not involved with anyone, since I was 14... and I'm talking a couple weeks here and there... it's easily less than 6 months total.

Is getting and discarding partners as if they were underwear - and being totally unable to live any period of time without one - exclusive to ESFps?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Also... I talk to an INFj a lot. We give eachother advice and emotional support. I have NEVER felt like she was supervising me, though I could sorta see an argument that I supervise her. It's tough to say though because her situation is so serious.

My experiences with my ISFp sister also seem to suggest that she is not my dual. To me ISFps are too weak. It annoys me. My sister is too meek. I love her and we get along, but I get so frustrated about how she doesn't
    If you seriously thought you were ENTp - indeed, were totally convinced of it, at least of being intuitive - what makes you think that you got the supposed INFj, and your sister, typed correctly?

Nobody's perfect when typing, and personally I'm continuously double-checking all my typings - but if you could be so tremendously wrong in typing yourself, to the point of thinking you were ENTp when you were actually ESFp, don't you think you should avoid using any of your other typings as reference points to your own type?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat, you are correct. When it comes right down to it... every one of us is an amatuer. Who knows? Maybe the INFj is an INTj or the ISFp an ENFj? I could be an INFj for all we know, and Peter an ESTj. I still think the ENTp description sounds like me, and that ENTps are damn cool. I still like the idea of being one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    WHEN YOU FIRST CAME TO THE FORUM YOU WERE ENTP AND YOUR HUSBAND WAS INTJ

WHEN YOU BROKE UP HE BECAME INTP

THEN YOU AND DJ BECAME IDENTICALS

NOW YOU WANT TO BE DUALS WITH HIM

DON'T YOU SEE YOU &%)y#&*y@_*y_* NO MATTER WHAT YOU TELL YOURSELF YOUR RELATIONSHIPS ARE NOT GOING TO GET ANY BETTER BY PRETENDING THEY ARE BETTER

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!!!
    Whateva, regardless I'm still thrilled to be with him, and I don't see how us being duals is any better than us being identicals. I rather liked that idea... AND it also means that I just left my dual. This isn't at all about what type I want to be. TRUST ME I didn't think "Wow, I wish I was a sensor"... It's okay though, my is still strong and now I get to have as a dual seeking function (which, for anyone who knows anything about my interactions here, makes sense).
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, even though I may be wrong about other people's types... my family's intertype relations make a lot more sense now. I thought my Mom was an ENFj and my Dad an ISTj... but as I learned more about socionics it became clear that my dad is not an ISTj. I thought perhaps he's an ISFp... but he doesn't seem to have an identical relation with my sister. When Peter visited and met them he said that my mom is a NiTe. Well... I don't see it. However, TeNi made a lot of sense. I couldn't type my dad though. He and I get along better than either of my siblings with either of my parents. Now that I'm willing to consider ISFj... it makes A LOT of sense.

Anyways... I don't feel I need to convince anyone. None of you knows me IRL except Peter, and not even he was around to see what I was like in my pre-treatment days. Hmmmm.... perhaps I should email my family with the descriptions and see what they say...
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't care if you guys believe me or not. I was going to make a post explaining my reasoning process, but it's really not worth it to try and convince a bunch of horny losers.

My conclusion stands. Deal with it.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody's perfect when typing, and personally I'm continuously double-checking all my typings - but if you could be so tremendously wrong in typing yourself, to the point of thinking you were ENTp when you were actually ESFp, don't you think you should avoid using any of your other typings as reference points to your own type?
    No?! LOL. That makes no sense.

All it takes is some analyses of those reference points and how they correlate to reality, to determine their integrity. You don't just abandon all potential progress on account of making a big mistake. Haha.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, as a matter of courtesy you should all respect the choices someone makes about their type.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, as a matter of courtesy you should all respect the choices someone makes about their type.
    Thanks for the lecture.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Thanks for the lecture.
    Thanks for WW2.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast