Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INTps enjoying making fun of people

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTps enjoying making fun of people

I know this two INTps which seem to find immense pleasure in making fun of people,to be precise, laughing at their stupidity and at stupidity in general(ok, laughing at stupidity in general seems to be universal, but anyway, you get the point). All of their humour seems to revolve around this. What are your experiences with this. Is it type related? How?

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    I know this two INTps which seem to find immense pleasure in making fun of people,to be precise, laughing at their stupidity and at stupidity in general(ok, laughing at stupidity in general seems to be universal, but anyway, you get the point). All of their humour seems to revolve around this. What are your experiences with this. Is it type related? How?
    Yeah I do that. I think it's type-related, because of the combination of Te-ego, valued Se and Fe-PoLR.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    hmm sounds arrogant of those ILI's.

I'm very often irritated by stupid people. And usually try to show their stupidity by using sarcasm. But it's not that I enjoy making fun of people in a bad way. That's more something for ESE's. (or is that just my personal viewpoint...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    That's more something for ESE's. (or is that just my personal viewpoint...)
    FeSi's don't seem to me like that. Quite the contrary, they usually try keep up a facade of being nice and friendly, even towards people they hate. They are passive-aggressive (that sometimes reveals itself) and manipulative though.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My ILI friend does this constantly. My ILI sunday school teacher does it sometimes too. It's type related. Do other types do it? SLIs have polr, but they don't. s might.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think ILIs just hate most people ...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    why does everyone always say that? Its stereotypical, and untrue, or at least if it is true, its not something Ive noticed.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    why does everyone always say that? Its stereotypical, and untrue, or at least if it is true, its not something Ive noticed.
    Maybe ILI's hate humanity instead of individuals.

Although I personally don't hate anyone at this moment.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

do you hate humanity, lol?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's true, and yeah Jarno I think it's more toward humanity and less toward individuals. But when you don't know an individual and they seem to represent some aspect of humanity which bugs you, then you're a dick to them on an individual level .. and really, that can be pretty much anyone

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?? exactly how do they make fun of them??

i occasionally complain about stupid people.
    usually when i DO make fun of them, it's kinda sarcastic, kinda like mocking them.
    like they say something retarded, and i make a rebuttal to make them realize what they said previously was stupid.

but hardly do i laugh secretly with a friend and discuss someone else's stupidity. that sounds... retarded.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    that sounds... retarded.
    lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's true, and yeah Jarno I think it's more toward humanity and less toward individuals. But when you don't know an individual and they seem to represent some aspect of humanity which bugs you, then you're a dick to them on an individual level .. and really, that can be pretty much anyone
    I think you could say the same thing about ESTjs. At least you could say the same thing about my father and Perlić. I'm gonna see Perlić in July and I'm scared.

Creepy-

Maybe ILI's hate humanity instead of individuals.
    I know an EIE who seems to love humanity and hate many individuals [and to treat the ones she doesn't hate badly, imo]. Valued Fi/unvalued Fe vs. valued Fe/unvalued Fi, perhaps?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    I know an EIE who seems to love humanity and hate many individuals [and to treat the ones she doesn't hate badly, imo]. Valued Fi/unvalued Fe vs. valued Fe/unvalued Fi, perhaps?
    What I've read somewhere is that EIE are the types which can keep longest their grudges.

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    probably.

and for the thread--- i think it probably is type related, because i've definitely seen this in an ILI i'm very close to. that's only one, but based on how many ppl have seen it too on here... i'd say it's at least minimally type related.

interesting
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The ILI I know is the opposite - he thinks most people hate him.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on the particular Socionic system one is talking about, of course, many things are possible.

But in general I would doubt the typing as ILI of anyone who makes fun of people to their face or who leads a crowd of others in making fun of someone.

In theory, with dual-seeking Se, ILI is not confident of Se and would not tend to provoke people by making fun of them.

Fe "PoLR" is actually another reason why ILIs would not be inclined to make fun of people: They judge the mood of the group poorly, and they know this. So they're not inclined to lead a group in making fun of someone; it would likely backfire.

I don't really think immature behaviors belong to any type in particular though. All types probably include people at all levels of ethical behavior.

But I do concur that someone who seems to be ILI and is bullying people is more likely LIE, SLE, or LSI. Those types might appears ILI-like in some ways but would be more confident going on the attack, and more likely to relish doing it.

Privately commenting on peoples' "stupid" behavior (in general) might be consistent with ILI though. Also, I can see that ILIs might make public statements that seem abrasive, arrogant, even shocking for their honesty. But that's very different from "making fun" of people in a bullying sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    But in general I would doubt the typing as ILI of anyone who makes fun of people to their face or who leads a crowd of others in making fun of someone.
    Yeah that type of making of fun of someone seems unlikely for NiTe's.

In theory, with dual-seeking Se, ILI is not confident of Se and would not tend to provoke people by making fun of them.
    That's not entirely the case. For example FeNi's often provoke people, but they also have weak Se. And sometimes Se-DS does appear in Se-like behaviour. And it's also something that can be learned from Se-egos. It's a matter of if it's constant or random behaviour.

However that type of provoking people, is unlikely motivation for NiTe's. And NiTe's would be unlikely initiate attack on someone or lead a group, especially that type of group bullying attack. But that's not necessarily what Tuturututu meant.

Calling someone stupid, seems like quite rare form of group bullying.

Fe "PoLR" is actually another reason why ILIs would not be inclined to make fun of people: They judge the mood of the group poorly, and they know this. So they're not inclined to lead a group in making fun of someone; it would likely backfire.
    In that way yes. But on the other hand in a different type of situation, NiTe might not even care what other people think of him. Or just be blind to the entire situation. It would depend on the Fi-connections, or connections that the NiTe wishes that would establish.

But I do concur that someone who seems to be ILI and is bullying people is more likely LIE, SLE, or LSI. Those types might appears ILI-like in some ways but would be more confident going on the attack, and more likely to relish doing it.
    Someone who appears as NiTe, but seems abhorrent to the idea of attacking, or critical of it, is more likely to be FiNe, TiNe or NeTi, therefore I find NeTi's less likely to attack someone, and based on my observations that seems to be the case.

NiTe's are likely to avoid situations that lead to physical confrontrations, but not really otherwise. TeNi's and NiTe's can be aggressive in a more general sense (actually this was a bad choice of word, but can't think of better, maybe expansive). By that I mean people like John D. Rockefeller, Milton Friedman etc.

Just as likely as to mix NiTe's with TiSe's or SeTi's (well in case of SeTi more likely), is that it's a NiTe who has learned from their duals or semi-duals more confidence in this area, or their confidence is being boosted by them. This depends on what exactly is meant by bullying. It is unlikely that NiTe is a bully in the most traditional sense.

Privately commenting on peoples' "stupid" behavior (in general) might be consistent with ILI though. Also, I can see that ILIs might make public statements that seem abrasive, arrogant, even shocking for their honesty. But that's very different from "making fun" of people in a bullying sort of way.
    There are other type of scenarios too, where the basic notion of "making fun of peoples stupidity" would be true in case of NiTe's. It all depends what exactly tuturututu meant by what he said, and of the situation.

IRL the type of making fun of peoples stupidity what I meant, is more of darwin-awards type of stuff. Not even about people I know (behind their backs), but stories that I've heard or read somewhere. Or just general commentary of human stupidity, stupid ideas or about stupid political decisions etc. So it's fair to say that I make lot of fun of stupidity. Only times when I call someone stupid directly, is when I have gotten frustrated with their constant stupidity, and there's nothing more left to say. There's less than 5 of those people RL. On the internet, there's seems to be lot more stupid people And calling people stupid on the internet, don't usually have any consequences (to me).
    Last edited by Warlord; 05-19-2009 at 05:48 PM.

INTp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on the particular Socionic system one is talking about, of course, many things are possible.

I don't really think immature behaviors belong to any type in particular though. All types probably include people at all levels of ethical behavior.

that's pretty well put!
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    That's not entirely the case. For example FeNi's often provoke people, but they also have weak Se. And sometimes Se-DS does appear in Se-like behaviour. And it's also something that can be learned from Se-egos.
    Just a small point here: I think that might be related to the difference between the dual-seeking and activation (e.g., "HA") function. So even though both are "weak," somehow people are supposed to be more confident using their activation function. That would explain why FeNi and TeNi types more commonly exhibit the more aggressive, confrontational behavior.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These two INTps I am referring to do not make fun of people to their face nor do they lead a crowd of others in making fun of someone.

These two INTps I am referring to do privately comment on peoples' "stupid" behavior. I see no maliciousness in them when they're doing that. I do see something that might be named benevolent arrogance. Also, I can see that thay might make public statements that seem abrasive, arrogant, even shocking for their honesty. But that's very different from "making fun" of people in a bullying sort of way.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry about understanding the group mood, ILIs. Just barge in and say whatever crass thing pops into your head. It's very funny.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Don't worry about understanding the group mood, ILIs. Just barge in and say whatever crass thing pops into your head. It's very funny.
    funny? do you mean that in a bad way?

i think most people think it's bad...?

@dyslexia: can't say i disagree
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is that Ni-subtypes are more into making fun of others' stupidity than the Te-subtypes.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is that Ni-subtypes are more into making fun of others' stupidity than the Te-subtypes.
    o? what are your observations?
    any examples?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hate is a bit too strong, dislike is more correct.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    any examples?
    I wrote guess, so it's not a strong conviction.

Nevertheless a person called Niffweed is notorious of being fixated on 'stupid' people.

Creepy-Cyclops

Phaedrus too, lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by BlackCat; 06-09-2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: I was waaay off on my typing
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FeSi's don't seem to me like that. Quite the contrary, they usually try keep up a facade of being nice and friendly, even towards people they hate. They are passive-aggressive (that sometimes reveals itself) and manipulative though.
    I would tend to agree.

And calling people stupid on the internet, don't usually have any consequences (to me).
    You mean like... physical ones?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    You mean like... physical ones?
    lol that, and not fucking up relations with people and making things more difficult.

INTp

Default hey duals

I have yet to interact with my dual, INTP in real life.

but all I know is when I read INTP posts online, it cracks me up a LOT.

I'm constantly laughing my ass off in reality.

on some level, I personally hate and look down on people too.

well, hate's a strong word.

I just see them as incompetent.

or silly. or dumb, or douchey.

and who knows, maybe I'm projecting my self image on others or something but

I really view some people that way.

now, I am THOROUGHLY attracted to people that make ME feel stupid/silly/dumb

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm good at making fun of Fe-based nature, I even think there are some shows on TV that make fun of Fe-based nature that I enjoy. Though it's more developed, so subtle comments make all the difference, of course it's a TV show. Or what they do is they have typical Fe contexts, and just drain the Fe out of them so everything is so lame. I'm just bluntly rude at some times, but I perceive this rudeness as internal humor/criticism. I think a lot of my blunt catching people off-guard humor has to do with my enneagram 4. An example is the Safeway lady is making my sandwich, and it seems like its taking some time for her to do it, and she's speaking in some stupid crappy accent and quietly, and she asks me if that's it and I responded, "It's that easy isn't it," because it's stupid. She works at a deli making sandwiches. I have to be rude to someone so pathetic. Of course I was just trying to be rude, not funny. My friend started laughing at her though.

However generally I'm not that rude. Sometimes being around friends just seems like the best time to show them how I am on the inside through examples. It's not every day I get a chance to criticize people. I live in a shell. It definitely pumps my ego up though.
    Last edited by 717495; 06-30-2009 at 09:03 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I've read somewhere is that EIE are the types which can keep longest their grudges.
    EIE is the kind that will talk shit about you behind your back and suck up to you to your face, which is very annoying.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE is the kind that will talk shit about you behind your back and suck up to you to your face, which is very annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    You're kidding right.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Default you intps and your dry wit, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I'm good at making fun of Fe-based nature, I even think there are some shows on TV that make fun of Fe-based nature that I enjoy. Though it's more developed, so subtle comments make all the difference, of course it's a TV show. Or what they do is they have typical Fe contexts, and just drain the Fe out of them so everything is so lame. I'm just bluntly rude at some times, but I perceive this rudeness as internal humor/criticism. I think a lot of my blunt catching people off-guard humor has to do with my enneagram 4. An example is the Safeway lady is making my sandwich, and it seems like its taking some time for her to do it, and she's speaking in some stupid crappy accent and quietly, and she asks me if that's it and I responded, "It's that easy isn't it," because it's stupid. She works at a deli making sandwiches. I have to be rude to someone so pathetic. Of course I was just trying to be rude, not funny. My friend started laughing at her though.

However generally I'm not that rude. Sometimes being around friends just seems like the best time to show them how I am on the inside through examples. It's not every day I get a chance to criticize people. I live in a shell. It definitely pumps my ego up though.

hahahahahahah cracks me up.
    yeah, I like making fun of people.
    but generally, I am very open minded to people. I try to see the best in people, but if they strike me with a bad vibe, then I will COMPLETELY judge them in the most intensely negative way imaginable.

but that's ONLY because I used to be a happy-go-lucky guy who loved all people, but then my closest friends (I have bad intuition) ALL screwed me over. (guys+girls)

(I have better intuition now)

..wouldn't have happened to me if only I had introverted intuitive friends to guide me.
    Last edited by bluesballsbobs; 06-30-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Yeah, people are douches, some of them, but it only makes me appreciate the cool people even more.
    Oh yeah, the cool people. I almost forgot about them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

numbers, you're an ENFp. That is my final decision

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast