View Poll Results: Which functions do you see me using?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ne

8 88.89%
  • Ni

1 11.11%
  • Se

0 0%
  • Si

2 22.22%
  • Ti

8 88.89%
  • Te

4 44.44%
  • Fi

1 11.11%
  • Fe

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Type my functions - xerx's type

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type my functions - xerx's type

In lieu of a type me thread, tell me which functions you read into my posts.

Thanks.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the function where you're good at explaining facts of a system? Is that ?

I remember in the + - thread you were explaining that stuff to me, and that's the only time I remember talking to you. ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    In lieu of a type me thread, tell me which functions you read into my posts.

Thanks.
    Read into or read out of your posts?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Read into or read out of your posts?
    For my purposes they're equivalent, since reading out would necessarily involve some interpretative reading into.

What's the function where you're good at explaining facts of a system? Is that ?
    That's more closely associated with .

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ok. I'd say you have that pretty strongly, and I'm not sure about the other functions. Couldn't tell you for certain if you're S or N right now, but if I had to guess I'd say you have .

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the Ne and Ti.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see sheer love exuding from every pore.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I see sheer love exuding from every pore.
    +1

Favourite poster...

After Brilliand

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Austrailia, Brilliand is bigger than Bono.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to the strong logic, I see a liking of .

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    I see the Ne and Ti.
    What do you see that's Ne and Ti?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    In addition to the strong logic, I see a liking of .
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I see good use of both Ti and Te. Nothing else really leaps out of your writing at me that I recall (I'd have to reread a bunch of posts to see if anything else stands out.) But nice clear logic is apparent, and to me seems natural to your writing.
    I've used that in the past but don't want to use it as a criterion anymore. I know lots of SFs and NFs with what seems like a very strong ability to interpret causal connections, which is often reminiscent of strong Ti or Te.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In our discussion in my Ne/Si analogy thread the way you described things resonated with me and I could see quite clearly your use of "nugget" like abstractions that seemed interchangeable or Module.

And I appreciated your aggressive Ti style.

I could find specific examples if you like though.
    The end is nigh

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know lots of SFs and NFs with what seems like a very strong ability to interpret causal connections, which is often reminiscent of strong Ti or Te.
    Do they share the endurance with it you demonstrate? Do they simultaneously demonstrate strong Fe/Fi? (I mentioned the last thing because you seem to show more "logic" than "ethics".)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Do they share the endurance with it you demonstrate? Do they simultaneously demonstrate strong Fe/Fi? (I mentioned the last thing because you seem to show more "logic" than "ethics".)
    What if for all anyone knows (and for all I know) I'm a beta NF, with the will and endurance to put on such a show?

In our discussion in my Ne/Si analogy thread the way you described things resonated with me and I could see quite clearly your use of "nugget" like abstractions that seemed interchangeable or Module.

And I appreciated your aggressive Ti style.
    Hypothetically speaking, if I didn't appreciate your style, would that still make us identicals?
    Last edited by xerx; 05-15-2009 at 12:33 AM.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, depends why and how so. If you think I'm wrong about stuff, then its not style. If you dislike my various antics, that could be style, but might also be unrelated to type.

So decide what you will.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, depends why and how so. If you think I'm wrong about stuff, then its not style. If you dislike my various antics, that could be style, but might also be unrelated to type.

So decide what you will.
    I was just checking to see if you were typing me solely by that.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I was typing mainly on how you described the elements and your general demeanor. I do see similarities in style though, the difference being a level of maturity, which I unfortunately lack.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never actually sat down to study you or anything.
    With that in mind, the few times I've scanned some of your posts, I've left with a sense that your comfortable dealing with abstract ideas as well as attempting to make them explicit. (T)

You've never seemed to me to be struggling with trying to make something inside of you more explicit. (which is something an NF/SF would be struggling with..so it doesn't seem to be T HA to me, either).

I also don't recall any posts that dealt with sensory based information. You've seemed more comfortable with abstract information, to me.

I've always left your posts with the assumption that it was written by an NT.

Beyond that, I can't say anything else, heh.

So I guess I can't really say which specific functions have stood out to me, other than Nx + Tx (in no particular order).
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I've never actually sat down to study you or anything.
    With that in mind, the few times I've scanned some of your posts, I've left with a sense that your comfortable dealing with abstract ideas as well as attempting to make them explicit. (T)

You've never seemed to me to be struggling with trying to make something inside of you more explicit. (which is something an NF/SF would be struggling with..so it doesn't seem to be T HA to me, either).

I also don't recall any posts that dealt with sensory based information. You've seemed more comfortable with abstract information, to me.

I've always left your posts with the assumption that it was written by an NT.

Beyond that, I can't say anything else, heh.

So I guess I can't really say which specific functions have stood out to me, other than Nx + Tx (in no particular order).
    Thanks that was a very insightful post and pretty much agrees with my prior observations. Some irrational NT is what I've thought for 99% of the time I've been studying socionics, and what I've identified with most of my life, but it's always a toss up between ILE and ILI.

I'm familiar with all systems that define quadra values and I have to say I'm probably alpha according to all of them, even the ones that contradict each other. But I'd rather reserve judgment on that because I'm skeptical of the notion of quadra values.

I'm strong in Ne, Ni, Te and Ti, and I'm a P overall. I identify a lot more with Rick's stuff on Ne-leading than most things about Ni-leading I've ever seen, but I think I still have some introverted-intuitive traits that I don't really understand.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm strong in Ne, Ni, Te and Ti, and I'm a P overall. I identify a lot more with Rick's stuff on Ne-leading than most things about Ni-leading I've ever seen, but I think I still have some introverted-intuitive traits that I don't really understand.
    I'm not too familiar with this, but I do remember reading something Rick had written about the 8th function driving the 1st function.
    Like, I can see how Fe can drive Ne/Se into action for XeFi.
    so something similar would be happening with Ni for TiNe.
    Perhaps you might want to try looking for this and see if that might cover those introverted-intuitive traits of yourself?

Although, lol, Ti would be the driver for NiTe, so you might still wind up just as unsure as when you started.
    Anyways, just a thought.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although, lol, Ti would be the driver for NiTe, so you might still wind up just as unsure as when you started.
    Anyways, just a thought.
    Yes, precisely.

Nah, I was typing mainly on how you described the elements and your general demeanor. I do see similarities in style though, the difference being a level of maturity, which I unfortunately lack.
    You're really not helping me make a case for Ne dominant.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh? Wth are you talking about?

Didn't you want evidence of you being Ne? I was showing you the difference between Ni and Ne writing...

How am I derailing the thread?
    You're derailing the thread because you're trying to convince me you're a certain type in order to draw a subjective similarity between us. Two things 1) this is my type thread, not yours, and 2) I can't waste my time hearing a case as subjective as yours. If you can't level more specific arguments about me without comparing me to you, then I don't really care what you have to say.

Your only statement in that vein so far was the "module" thing, and it's not even an argument because you've provided no proof, just a statement that my writing satisfies some rather trite and subjective criteria of being "modular."

I'm asking the mods to move sections of this thread to alternative theories btw.

No, why? I mean they (imo) value Ne and will therefore not write in the way Strrrng does, but I've found they (online for Ezra and Expat, both online and irl for Tom) write in a way that I'd consider dynamic.
    You'll have to elaborate on this.

Personal system or abstraction? I'm saying that his abstractions are subjective, the metaphors he uses are chosen for personal meaning and relevence to the reader and himself. The phrases are overtly symbolic, objects have a special abstract relationship to the observer. His words are universal, they do not apply to a specific physical setting like Si would.
    Sort of like your Si/Ne analogy, your modular analogy and most other analogies I've heard you make about socionics?

Yeah so can I, but they're not meant to be. In the Ni mind you should just see the intrinsic "soul" or "essense" attached to the context and leave it at that. The cutting up of the cloudy Ni into discrete conceptual frames or "nodes" (Ne) will annoy the Ni/Se. Your supposed to just see the symbolism as it is and not try and explain by some physical interaction of molecules. Ni-ers hate it when you steal their magic and explain it away with "science" (I'm speaking in general, simple terms). When you chop up their Ni into Ne bits that will fit with an Si outlook of a physical, direct, tangible (demonstrable) context (setting, environment, realm), instead of a thematic, symbolic, spiritual(?) one, they get pissed.
    That's true, but what you're describing doesn't directly manifest in writing or behaviour.

More concrete than Te subs? No. The "concrete-abstract" scale traditionally goes:

Concrete <-----------------> Abstract
    Se, Te, Ti, Si, Ne, Fe, Fi, Ni

Imo, Si is the least concrete, concrete element. Its subjective and dynamic, so to me Si is kind of abstract.
    According to that, it's still much more concrete than Ni.

And INFp's dont have that module style. They take specific concrete objects (Se) and imbue them with subjective abstract meanings/relevence. They do not see the purpose of organizing the conceptual properties that make up an object, they'd rather find symbolic meaning based on the surface qualities of the thing in question.
    Glam and starfall have a modular style, because their posts are clear and mature. Modify your linguistic hypothesis a little better and look for a lot of examples, then come back.

Strong in Ne? Well I think they use Ne when perceiving object statics, instead of Se
    This part is the most interesting thing you've said so far. It's extremely interesting because it's the alternate possibility to Model A NT/SF/ST/NF clubs. According to that, an ILE has a strong awareness of object dynamics because of Te > Fe, and strong awareness of dynamic fields because of Ni > Si.

btw, I'll be gone for the rest of the weekend. I'll check back then.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Jxrtes, your ideas and analyses always seem to be so well considered and thought out and are clear to me and easy to follow and I honestly think that you're one of the most intelligent, sensible, knowledgable and modest posters on this forum. I want you in my quadra. Putting all of that aside, I genuinely think that you're adept at using both Ti and Te but that you prefer Ti and I also believe that you're an intuitive type who values Si and Ne. ILE it is.
    You forgot that my beauty is the physical embodiment of the Greek god Apollo. Other than that trifle, I think you were a little too modest in your description of my abilities.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    You forgot to mention that you payed me $20 to say all of that crap.
    erm... incidentally, I don't have any money to pay you right now on account of several expenses. I'm sorry if I gave you the impression this would ever be done. Our e-bay contract never stipulated that I had to physically send you the money.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Could I be ISFp?

There are things about myself about which I haven't been entirely forthright with the forum. I think this typing merits some consideration, since I tend to identify with ISFp more on a spiritual level than I do ENTp. The intertypes wouldn't be that different, though it's not as if I'm old enough to have had profound experience in this area. Please, don't think this is a joke; I don't find this place very funny anymore. I'm being entirely serious and not at all facetious, and I would appreciate any input you could give.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No SEI advises that Carthage must be destroyed.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are things about myself about which I haven't been entirely forthright with the forum. I think this typing merits some consideration, since I tend to identify with ISFp more on a spiritual level than I do ENTp. The intertypes wouldn't be that different, though it's not as if I'm old enough to have had profound experience in this area. Please, don't think this is a joke; I don't find this place very funny anymore. I'm being entirely serious and not at all facetious, and I would appreciate any input you could give.
    You're too overtly asbtract and logically forceful, for me to seriously consider ISFp. The confidence you express with definitions and explanations/analysis, would be odd coming from an ISFp, and I don't really find the idea attractive.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

You're too overtly asbtract and logically forceful, for me to seriously consider ISFp. The confidence you express with definitions and explanations/analysis, would be odd coming from an ISFp, and I don't really find the idea attractive.
    What about Kam? In terms of being logically forceful, I think he has that.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    What about Kam? In terms of being logically forceful, I think he has that.
    No, not really Not in the same consistent and involved way.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI baby jxrtes

OMG aren't I the cutest pudgy little thing? (^_^)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awww you were indeed a cute little guy :redface:

idk, Alpha NT?
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have limes in your eyes. VI isn't amused.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    awww you were indeed a cute little guy :redface:
    Thanks. I'm still a cute little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    You have limes in your eyes. VI isn't amused.
    I remember they were binoculars.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti-ENTp!!!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awwwwww
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."