Thread: Activity partners taking a break from one another

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Activity partners taking a break from one another

How much time do you need apart from them once the over stimulation has kicked in? & how much time do you find you need to spend together before this overactivation happens?
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Creepy-male

I find I can't drag myself away from LIIs, actually.

I think introvert activity is more "dangerous" because of how safe and comfortable it is, as opposed to how over-energifizing it is.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I really enjoy time with my activation. I don't really get over stimulated, just need to go do other things, really.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    How much time do you need apart from them once the over stimulation has kicked in? & how much time do you find you need to spend together before this overactivation happens?
    Being together twice a week was perfect for me. Then again, I'm an introvert, I don't need that much company.

The overactivation might be a bit exaggarated. Your illusionary drains way more energy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I will have really intense conversations with an LSE friend, and it's like we talk ourselves out. Finally we just have nothing else to say and both look at each other like, "Now what?" Then we go our separate ways and do what we want. With duals, it's like a continuous back-and-forth flow between conversation, silence, and activity that is more natural.

I don't think there's a 'time limit' on it.

The only activity marriages I know are with introverts. The extrovert partners seem to break up. I'm sure someone out there knows some, though.
    IEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know lots of introvert activity marriages and one extrovert activity marriage. Female ESE, male ILE, married for over 20 years now, happily.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Being together twice a week was perfect for me. Then again, I'm an introvert, I don't need that much company.
    I have an activity friend who I can spend the whole weekend with and we have fun. Come the Sunday evening i'm feeling like I need a break then later on in week I am recharged to speak to him again. I've wondered if this is activity prediction in action or because of my introversion.

Although we have fun, i'd say to others it looks more low key than what extravert activity relations are like.

I know an ESTj who is married to someone who I think is ENFp, I haven't been around her for long enough to say, but it seems pretty energetic. When i've seen them, she acts more socially gregarious than him.

But then i've heard an ESFp say he's a bit insecure, so whether it's his insecurity or he likes her taking over the social role, I don't know. In fairness though he's (ESTj) no shrinking violet, he just has to be right all the time, ha.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love spending time with my activation partners, and I do spend a lot of time with them. We definitely 'do' more than we 'talk'. The EIEs I know simply can't sit still for anything. We're always on the move; we're always doing something. We talk while we do. However, in the case of one of my best friends who is not EIE, we can sit and talk for hours. I just can't imagine this happening with any of the EIEs I know. It's not like I sit there and just want to 'be' and say "ahh, come on, I'm enjoying just relaxing - fuck off!" I actually want to engage with them. I enjoy it. I'm energised by it. And they are the same. I provide the prods, they provide the planning. It's actually a really decent dynamic.

To take a few examples: with my EIE housemate we tend to separate long before we get bored of one another - we naturally go into work mode and say "right, I'm doing some work" and we leave one another alone for a few hours. With Mr Saturn we can often tire of each other after a day spent together, but this is easily remedied by him doing something by himself and me doing something by myself. After that period, we're back on track and ready to do something else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    With Mr Saturn we can often tire of each other after a day spent together, but this is easily remedied by him doing something by himself and me doing something by myself. After that period, we're back on track and ready to do something else.
    We're pretty awesome friends.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    I never feel "overstimulated" when spending time with my ILI friend, but this is most likely because we don't get to spend much time together and she doesn't talk too much. When we are together we spend most of our time out and about camping or pulling pranks on people. <3
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir