Thread: Alpha Subforum Sucks

Creepy-Pied Piper

Thumbs down Alpha Subforum Sucks

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by bg; 05-09-2009 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussion of Socionics within Alpha subforum has historically been minimal and poor. There was a time in the subforum in which it was almost used entirely for fun and games. Serious topics were pushed into obscurity amid a myriad of non-Socionics threads. Any attempts to call for serious discussion quickly had that person branded as a non-Alpha for being "anti-fun." This subforum was one of the reasons I took a leave of absence from the forum for a while.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a high and mighty thread.

ETA: serious socionic discussion is cool. I just think it tends to carry on in the more serious socionic areas, like general discussion. When it gets posted in alpha, people have fun and that's awesome. Here, even where things get addressed there's gonna be some fooling around. kkkkkkkkkkkkk

I have heavy fingers.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Alphas, don't post want you want in this subforum! Post what ephemeros wants to post but hasn't got round to yet!

Creepy-bg

+2 Alpha Subforum totally sucks!
    Last edited by bg; 05-09-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Creepy-bg

If you want more serious threads, threads with good Socionics discussions and information, then make them. Nobodies stopping you, and there's plenty of alphas who would get into them. Life is your oyster brother! make it happen.

Creepy-male

Ephemeros is a Real Alpha.

Much like a Fake Gamma.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think appreciating me is an important part of any alpha socionics discussion. Additionally, the Alpha Index (if you even bothered to look at it) is 100% important. It's an index of all the different kinds of threads in the Alpha sub-forum. That includes serious discussions as well.

I think a good point was brought up here. I think a lot of us here in alpha just don't feel like rehashing the same arguments over and over again. Instead we like this space to be relaxing and fun and a place where we feel free to express ourselves and be silly alphas together.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Discussion of Socionics within Alpha subforum has historically been minimal and poor. There was a time in the subforum in which it was almost used entirely for fun and games. Serious topics were pushed into obscurity amid a myriad of non-Socionics threads. Any attempts to call for serious discussion quickly had that person branded as a non-Alpha for being "anti-fun."
    lol

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Khola, I see you voted for the mods as why the sub-forum sucks.

BANNED.
    Anyway.

Why isn't there a Real Alphas option?

On another note.

Do you forgive me for DESPISING YOUR VERY ESSENCE for about 15 minutes when I thought I was IEI?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 05-09-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    Please an admin remove the poll. Thanks.
    Is this the part where I pull a Gilly and stalk you around the forums screaming "DIE IN A FIRE!"?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mn0good: I agree a compilation is welcomed. I disagree with having it sticky, though. There are probably tens of reasons for it, first of all it is presented as something official and it is not. They are just some opinions which can stay in their own threads.

This index problem is based on the other one: the deplorable quality of the threads. They are obviously not necessarily Alpha thinking, it happens that there are some people who assert they belong to Alpha quadra who gathered together to have fun.
    Some users disagree (or just can't make an opinion) with what's qualified as "Alpha": music, characters, personalities. The fact that other users think the opposite is no reason to legalize them. But serious Socionics Alpha-related questions and answers are indisputable, and the raison d'etre of this, right?
    Stickying my appreciate thread (which was BG, not me, btw) was done in jest. It's tongue-in-cheek and not serious. If you want the alpha forum to be 100% serious and the moderation to be 100% serious then I think you might be in the wrong place. BG and I will moderate with seriousness when it's called for, and we do. But we also do things in fun and good humour as well. I would argue that that is in the spirit of this sub-forum.

As for the index, it is official. It is simply a way of organizing what's in the forum. It shows what's already here so that if you want to comment on a topic already raised, you can find the appropriate thread, or if such a thread doesn't exist you can make a new thread instead. It's in no way an attempt to label the sub-forum or express and opinion. It's a way of sorting through the information here without searching through a million images of threads. If that's not an official capacity sticky, I don't know what is.

These sub-forums are not a place to simply discuss issues related to a quadra. If you would like to do so, please feel free. No one is stopping you. I'm not about to delete a serious thread. The fact that there aren't a lot of serious threads here has nothing to do with them being unwelcome, but perhaps is a reflection of the kind of people this sub-forum attracts. That is, many alphas like to come to this sub-forum for a place to relax, and feel free to express themselves naturally without pressure to conform to other types' expectations. The "raison d'etre" is not simply to talk about alpha issues, but also to grant an alpha domain. That includes letting people talk about things that they think other alphas will appreciate.

If Logos or yourself feels the need for more serious discussion or you have something alpha-related you wish to discuss, start a thread about it. But we're not about to stop alphas from being alphas in their own forum. Unless you'd like to try to argue with me that most of the posters here are not alpha and are misrepresenting the spirit of alpha.

P.S. I can't delete the poll entirely, but I closed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Anyway.

Why isn't there a Real Alphas option?

On another note.

Do you forgive me for DESPISING YOUR VERY ESSENCE for about 15 minutes when I thought I was IEI?
    I'll never forgive you.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

I'll never forgive you.
    Hmm.

Help me out.

I've already used For You. And You Make Me Feel So Good.

What other songs do I have available?

EDIT

Got it!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that a heart windmill? Does it churn buttery love?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

Is that a heart windmill? Does it churn buttery love?

Also

And

And finally >:

To myself:

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you are, no more poll.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Sorry, but I only appreciate real celebritites.
    WORSHIP ME!!!!
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MOAR WRATHS
    Last edited by Wynch; 05-09-2009 at 05:52 PM.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post

WRATH OF VERO
    Fixed.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. EXACTLY.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

Lol.

Nice timing.

I screencapped that

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-male

@Gulanzon: you continue to confirm the problems this thread is about. You are well aware that you trouble me by bloating this thread although you continue to troll .
    What problems?

I could accuse you of trolling just as easily. Your posts are ridiculous and inflammatory, and serve no purpose but to infuriate other users.

You fly the banner of argumentation, yet march in the name of your own narrow-minded idealogical agenda.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-bg

@Carla: although your proposition is probably a must, the appeal to common sense still stands, for people should think more before deciding where (and what) to post. I believe you agree with me that having seriousness/fun judgments in each thread is pointless. Imo radical decisions are impossible for the issue, not even I don't think the threads should be 100% serious.

I'm afraid under the current subforum administration there is no official problem. Just letting you know you troll me :frown:.
    You lost me somewhere in translation. What is it that you're asking for here? Tell us what a perfect alpha forum to ephemeros would be like, then we can see if, where, and how you can be accomidated.

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm unaware of anyone coming to alpha subforum for serious discussion of socionics. Alfa is for <3 and fun times.

In summary, have forced intercourse with your sofa, person of color.

hint: rick james.

edit: Actually sometimes I do post questions directed specifically towards alphas. I usually get 3 good comments before it degenerates into typing/personal arguments, and shout outs/flirting between individuals on unrelated topics. I've actually started a previous thread on this phenomenon: How threads work on this forum.

Maybe we could have a "SRS" tag for threads on which kitten pictures are not invited? Ah who am I kidding, I still want the kitten pictures.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-male

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, are you that desperate to post all the time that you have to dig up a thread that's been dead for 9 days, not to contribute anything pertinent, but just to post a picture that's relevant to a joke, but not enough that it really adds anything? I'm sorry to be mean, but this is just a little much.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, are you that desperate to post all the time that you have to dig up a thread that's been dead for 9 days, not to contribute anything pertinent, but just to post a picture that's relevant to a joke, but not enough that it really adds anything? I'm sorry to be mean, but this is just a little much.
    It is fairly consistent with Gulanzon's behavior.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    It is fairly consistent with Gulanzon's behavior.
    I can ignore it when it's at least a mild distraction in a current thread. But it's sooooo unnecessary to do that kind of thing with a dead thread.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-bg

Click It! -> <- Click It!

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ bg
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)