Thread: Fe & lying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fe & lying

I just got in a discussion with my ESE mom where she said a line: "blah blah blah". Immediately after she said the line, I focused in on it and began to criticize it. At this point she started saying "I never said that"; yet she had clearly just said it.
    I think in this situation she was trying to preserve a sound and happy (Fe) atmosphere through the use of a blatant lie.
    This leads me to say that (Fe) is the function of blatant lies
    INTp

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    And how come all people here have ESE moms? Is that the reason we all ended up in this place...... Just wondering.
    *waves*

Logical, Serious Supervision parents.

I feel special :redface:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My -leading husband has a bad case of needing to express every strong emotion he has and using any available method to do so, which sometimes means stretching the truth. In his own mind, he's an extremely truthful person. To him, specifically what you say isn't as important as the emotions behind it.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    She throws things out, and then gets confused about it when you confront her with it.
    Exactly. And while I've noticed this with ESEs quite a bit, it is even more prevalent in two of my EIE friends. They present an opinion or conclusion, but when I ask them for evidence or reasoning to support their conclusion, they have a lot of difficulty justifying it.

I'd agree with the people who have said EXEs care more about the emotional impact of a conclusion/opinion and less about its veracity (Fe base + Te role function ftw).

Interestingly enough, I have not seen this type of behavior with either SEIs or IEIs.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother is Fe ESFj and I dont feel she lies anymore than anyone else.

Fe is neither limited/has a monopoly on emotions nor is anymore prone to lying than any other type.

I think Te valuers may consider a speech action linked to Fe to be a "lie" because it does not fit or describe what they perceived. Meaning that the Fe-er will describe an event in the Fe tongue and that is utterly alien to the Te-er. Other Fe valuers will be able to tune in on the Fe vein of information and understand the Fe-er.

Even then, this does not mean everything an Fe-er says will sound unreal to a Te-er nor does it mean that Fe does not describe reality.

Te speech manifestation is describing how they perceived the object dynamics of the situation "externally" and the Fe describes how they perceived the internals of the object dynamics. External is demonstrable and drawn directly from the tangible existence. Internal is non-demonstrable and sees an "inner" or indirect source of the information.

The nature of emotions happens to parallel with internal object dynamics and the utilizers of this element draw inspiration from the emotional realm due to its prevalence, potential for complexity, and ease of understanding.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol sorry AA, but this is how I read most of that:

blah blah blah blah blah blah

the end.

(nothing against you personally. it's just my Te PoLR)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    lol sorry AA, but this is how I read most of that:

blah blah blah blah blah blah

the end.

(nothing against you personally. it's just my Te PoLR)
    lol

YOU'RE LYING.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    IImmediately after she said the line, I focused in on it and began to criticize it. At this point she started saying "I never said that"; yet she had clearly just said it.
    GREAT. I had the exact same experience with an ESE colleague of mine last week.

I had a private conversation with my boss.

When I came back the ESE colleague disrespectfully asked: what was that about?

I replied, it's private (duh).

She said, but who initiated the talk?

I replied that's none of your business geez.

She said, take it easy, I just asked who initiated the talk, I didn't asked for the content.

I replied, wait a minute, in first instance you DID ASK FOR THE CONTENT.

She replied, no I didn't.

*LYING BITCH.