Thread: On or Off on Food

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default On or Off on Food

I have this tendency to either completely starve myself when I am doing something, or to overindulge in rich foods for a long period of time.

I see it as an awareness but devaluing of Si.

A Si role or PoLR type would not be aware that they were hungry; they would forget about their bodily needs. But because I am totally aware, and am actually restraining myself, it points to Si devaluing, but competency in it.

Overindulgence may seem like a Si unaware thing, but it's not that I'm overindulging without being aware of my bodily state; I'm entirely aware of it. I just want to satiate my desire for nice things.

This on/off quality probably has a lot to do with being an Eight - there has been Enneagram literature which has talked about the counterpassions of each type; they Eight's being Waryness (to match the passion of Excess). Since they spend a lot of time being all out, excessive and lustful, they often feel the need to balance it out, and they will be extremely hard on themselves in terms of their needs, and in terms of their outward behaviour. Little do they know, in trying to counter their excesses, they are being excessive in limiting themselves as they do. So, ironically, in attempting Waryness they end up latching onto their passion of Excess, but simply in a different way. (For those who are interested in the counterpassions, I'm creating a thread in the Enneagram subforum.)

What are your experiences with this kind of thing?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is ok for me to work and keep myself moving in span 8 hours without taking a break, I actually feels good afterward, I feel the side effect when I wake up the next mourning, and the mourning is usually tough for me because since you overwork your body then you rest for a long period of time. As for eating, I usually just eat whenever I am hungry, I don't pay attention to when I eat, What I eat and How I eat, it's just not my priority since food these days are made pretty decent, anywhere I go and get a quick eat would be OK.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to note that the faster I eat, the better the food taste to me, contrary to SI dominant who eats an cup of instant noddle which takes them in matter of hours, I don't know how good that will taste, prolonging time while eating really irritates me.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    My sister does this. Her therapist calls it an “eating disorder”.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    My sister does this. Her therapist calls it an “eating disorder”.
    lol

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I havent eaten anything all day and now (6:39 PM) I eated so much that I can't walk. Does this count? The dessert is still waiting for me though...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I'm keenly aware of eating matters. When I'm full, I forget, I don't feel it very long. When I'm hungry, I forget as well, until it reaches the horrible blood sugar drop that kills my ability to think... Right before that I'll feel intensely hungry and won't be able to ignore it so easily. Then again, I don't sleep enough, so I'm not sure I'm keenly aware of anything.