Thread: Intellect in SLE-Se and SLE-Ti (ESTp)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Intellect in SLE-Se and SLE-Ti (ESTp)

Do you think SLE-Ti is more intellectual than SLE-Se? That is, do you think Ti subtypes read more, are more open to intellectual pursuits and are more likely to take on a career which requires an intellectual capacity (e.g. law) than Se subtypes?

Or do you think it's entirely unrelated to subtype, and that all SLEs can either be thick as pig shit or incredibly intelligent?

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intellect isn't related to information metabolism or subtypes, dumbass.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't divide subtypes so sharply or completely to be able to say that one is more prone to anything than another for the most part. It's like something that goes backwards, but can't go forwards. So an SLE obsessed with law, you could say "that's because you're the Ti subtype" (when it's one thing among many that points to "Ti subtype"). But if you try to go the other way and say "is law obsession a Ti subtype thing" I don't think it works very well.
    Last edited by marooned; 05-06-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody knows SLE's are lowbrow brutes with small, mean piercing eyes and overlarge muscles they use to coerce and beat sweet innocent people into a pulp with if others don't do as they say. Their idea of "intellect" is to muse which spot hurts the most when they apply the taser to bend people to their will...

>_O
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Everybody knows SLE's are lowbrow brutes with small, mean piercing eyes and overlarge muscles they use to coerce and beat sweet innocent people into a pulp with if others don't do as they say. Their idea of "intellect" is to muse which spot hurts the most when they apply the taser to bend people to their will...

>_O
    I thought those were LSEs.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Do you think SLE-Ti is more intellectual than SLE-Se? That is, do you think Ti subtypes read more, are more open to intellectual pursuits and are more likely to take on a career which requires an intellectual capacity (e.g. law) than Se subtypes?

Or do you think it's entirely unrelated to subtype, and that all SLEs can either be thick as pig shit or incredibly intelligent?
    LOL @ the last question!!!

You know, it's strange... The really smart SLEs I know are all Ti subtype... The Se subtype ones I know are all just typical dudes you see at the gym... Young, dumb, and full of... steroids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I thought those were LSEs.
    Them too eh? O_<

This socionics stuff is too easy.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see... the SLE-Ti male I know is smart however he doesn't like to do too well on things like standardized tests. He even admitted this to me once. Because he doesn't want to upset the grading curve or get people mad at him for doing TOO well. LOL It's like he wants to do well enough to get by (and to know what he's doing in his job, he's a senior vice president of a financial firm) but the academic part of it isn't that important to him. In fact, he's actually more of a salesperson, bringing in the clients and then leaving the investing part to his partner. (but he's reeeeeeally good at what he does)

I know a female SLE-Se who runs her own business. She's also very smart but it's more of a street-smart kinda thing. She does read some when she has extra time, but her pursuits are all related to making money with her art. And I think she gets antsy sitting still for too long.

Another female SLE I know (I think Ti) has a masters degree in business and started up her own business with some other women. She seems to be fully enmeshed in her career. She and the first SLE-Ti male I mentioned both got their undergrad degrees in accounting.

In none of these three persons do I see an extreme degree of interest in any sort of intellectual pursuits. They're very goal-oriented but the goals have nothing to do with learning for the sake of learning. Everything they do leads them to a goal they can pin down. I know the first SLE-Ti enjoys reading for pleasure and occasionally self-help But otherwise I think true intellectual pursuits are not his thing.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    In none of these three persons do I see an extreme degree of interest in any sort of intellectual pursuits. They're very goal-oriented but the goals have nothing to do with learning for the sake of learning. Everything they do leads them to a goal they can pin down. I know the first SLE-Ti enjoys reading for pleasure and occasionally self-help But otherwise I think true intellectual pursuits are not his thing.
    That's basically my stand on life.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm relatively sure i am Ti subtype and I am a Theatre major and aspiring actor.

...Would you like more coffee?
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is intellectuality even type related?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Messy View Post
    Is intellectuality even type related?
    has some correlation with logic and intuition

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol this thread. Ive known very smart, intelligent SLE-Se

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory, -Ti subtype is most likely to be inclined at having a deep interest towards managerial, strategy, math, etc.
    However, this mainly is because that they are eager to be in touch with their contact rather than inert elements.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms of classic IQ shit, yes I think the Ti subtype is smarter. Though, you can be smarter in stealing cars and beating people, so...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    In terms of classic IQ shit, yes I think the Ti subtype is smarter. Though, you can be smarter in stealing cars and beating people, so...
    Trump's Se was smart enough for him to become the president of the USA, with little Ti logic

(I type him SLE-Se)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seeking it View Post
    Trump's Se was smart enough for him to become the president of the USA, with little Ti logic

(I type him SLE-Se)
    Let's say he stole the president's seat. Does that make sense? He is smart, he just isn't smart in a book smart way. That's what I was talking about.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I type him SLE-Se)
    Same.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left is Ti-subtype, right is Se-subtype

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Producing subtypes in general are usually more well-rounded

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I dated both
    I like both SLEs
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's say he stole the president's seat. Does that make sense? He is smart, he just isn't smart in a book smart way. That's what I was talking about.
    I don't think he really stole it for his first term. He did try for the second term, yea.

I've known book smart SLE-Se too (the one I referred to in my earlier post).

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he really stole it for his first term. He did try for the second term, yea.

I've known book smart SLE-Se too.
    Nah, I don't mean that he literally stole the election. Like if I stole a young girl's heart, it doesn't mean that I ripped it out and took it to my mancave.

Oh yeah, this one SLE journalist star could be an SLE-Se, so yeah, it's possible. It's just that the Ti subtype is more likely to be more intellectual.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I don't mean that he literally stole the election. Like if I stole a young girl's heart, it doesn't mean that I ripped it out and took it to my mancave.
    I mean, I didn't mean it literally either. I still do not think he stole it when he became president. Just my opinion from the facts available to me. Feel free to share facts with me that point to your claim instead

Oh yeah, this one SLE journalist star could be an SLE-Se, so yeah, it's possible. It's just that the Ti subtype is more likely to be more intellectual.
    I think you might be surprised if you actually measured the likelihood of that comparing a lot of examples of SLE-Se and SLE-Ti people. Might turn out the difference is not that big. Because it depends on IQ a lot, also upbringing, value system etc....

Also the OP mixed up affinity for intellectual pursuits with intelligence itself (a.k.a. IQ). Doesn't help when discussing this, lol

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, I didn't mean it literally either. I still do not think he stole it when he became president. Just my opinion from the facts available to me. Feel free to share facts with me that point to your claim instead
    He did not steal it. He was elected. I was following his campaign in 2015, lol.

I think you might be surprised if you actually measured the likelihood of that comparing a lot of examples of SLE-Se and SLE-Ti people. Might turn out the difference is not that big. Because it depends on IQ a lot, also upbringing, value system etc....

Also the OP mixed up affinity for intellectual pursuits with intelligence itself (a.k.a. IQ). Doesn't help when discussing this, lol
    Oh yes, sure, it's just a small percentage. But type and subtype does influence the life of a man.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He did not steal it. He was elected. I was following his campaign in 2015, lol.
    OK so you referred to his second attempt to get elected.

Oh yes, sure, it's just a small percentage. But type and subtype does influence the life of a man.
    Maybe