Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Intellect in SLE-Se and SLE-Ti (ESTp)

  1. #1
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Intellect in SLE-Se and SLE-Ti (ESTp)

    Do you think SLE-Ti is more intellectual than SLE-Se? That is, do you think Ti subtypes read more, are more open to intellectual pursuits and are more likely to take on a career which requires an intellectual capacity (e.g. law) than Se subtypes?

    Or do you think it's entirely unrelated to subtype, and that all SLEs can either be thick as pig shit or incredibly intelligent?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  2. #2
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Or do you think it's entirely unrelated to subtype, and that all SLEs can either be thick as pig shit or incredibly intelligent?
    That. Just because someone is an SLE doesn't mean that they will automatically be better at a Ti-related endeavour than, say, an SEE. Similarly for SLE subtypes.

    In terms of preference (rather than proficiency), I think an SLE-Ti would be more open to intellectual pursuits. I think SLEs with really strong Se would be too impatient to sit down and "think" for very long. They'd rather get up and get shit done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  3. #3
    ***el X Mercenary Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Socionix sleeper cell
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Intellect isn't related to information metabolism or subtypes, dumbass.

    "His feeling that this world is not his Fatherland, and that it does not represent his proper condition, so to speak—his feeling that, basically, he 'comes from afar'—will remain a fundamental element which will not give rise to mystical escapism and spiritual weakness, but rather will enable him to minimise, to relativise, to refer to higher concepts of measure and limit, all that can seem important and definitive to others, starting with death itself, and will confer on him calm force and breadth of vision." — Julius Evola

    SLI-Te | 5w6 sp/so
    Oldham Solitary

    Johari
    Nohari

  4. #4
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't divide subtypes so sharply or completely to be able to say that one is more prone to anything than another for the most part. It's like something that goes backwards, but can't go forwards. So an SLE obsessed with law, you could say "that's because you're the Ti subtype" (when it's one thing among many that points to "Ti subtype"). But if you try to go the other way and say "is law obsession a Ti subtype thing" I don't think it works very well.
    Last edited by inumbra; 05-06-2009 at 03:19 PM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Everybody knows SLE's are lowbrow brutes with small, mean piercing eyes and overlarge muscles they use to coerce and beat sweet innocent people into a pulp with if others don't do as they say. Their idea of "intellect" is to muse which spot hurts the most when they apply the taser to bend people to their will...

    >_O
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  6. #6
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Everybody knows SLE's are lowbrow brutes with small, mean piercing eyes and overlarge muscles they use to coerce and beat sweet innocent people into a pulp with if others don't do as they say. Their idea of "intellect" is to muse which spot hurts the most when they apply the taser to bend people to their will...

    >_O
    I thought those were LSEs.

  7. #7
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Do you think SLE-Ti is more intellectual than SLE-Se? That is, do you think Ti subtypes read more, are more open to intellectual pursuits and are more likely to take on a career which requires an intellectual capacity (e.g. law) than Se subtypes?

    Or do you think it's entirely unrelated to subtype, and that all SLEs can either be thick as pig shit or incredibly intelligent?
    LOL @ the last question!!!

    You know, it's strange... The really smart SLEs I know are all Ti subtype... The Se subtype ones I know are all just typical dudes you see at the gym... Young, dumb, and full of... steroids

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I thought those were LSEs.
    Them too eh? O_<

    This socionics stuff is too easy.
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  9. #9
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let's see... the SLE-Ti male I know is smart however he doesn't like to do too well on things like standardized tests. He even admitted this to me once. Because he doesn't want to upset the grading curve or get people mad at him for doing TOO well. LOL It's like he wants to do well enough to get by (and to know what he's doing in his job, he's a senior vice president of a financial firm) but the academic part of it isn't that important to him. In fact, he's actually more of a salesperson, bringing in the clients and then leaving the investing part to his partner. (but he's reeeeeeally good at what he does)

    I know a female SLE-Se who runs her own business. She's also very smart but it's more of a street-smart kinda thing. She does read some when she has extra time, but her pursuits are all related to making money with her art. And I think she gets antsy sitting still for too long.

    Another female SLE I know (I think Ti) has a masters degree in business and started up her own business with some other women. She seems to be fully enmeshed in her career. She and the first SLE-Ti male I mentioned both got their undergrad degrees in accounting.

    In none of these three persons do I see an extreme degree of interest in any sort of intellectual pursuits. They're very goal-oriented but the goals have nothing to do with learning for the sake of learning. Everything they do leads them to a goal they can pin down. I know the first SLE-Ti enjoys reading for pleasure and occasionally self-help But otherwise I think true intellectual pursuits are not his thing.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  10. #10
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    In none of these three persons do I see an extreme degree of interest in any sort of intellectual pursuits. They're very goal-oriented but the goals have nothing to do with learning for the sake of learning. Everything they do leads them to a goal they can pin down. I know the first SLE-Ti enjoys reading for pleasure and occasionally self-help But otherwise I think true intellectual pursuits are not his thing.
    That's basically my stand on life.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  11. #11
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm relatively sure i am Ti subtype and I am a Theatre major and aspiring actor.


    ...Would you like more coffee?
    Easy Day

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •