Thread: Tell Us About Your Seeking Functions

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tell Us About Your Seeking Functions

Inspired off of the PoLR thread, I've always been interested in hearing peoples' experiences around those with the functions they are seeking. What does this person do correctly that makes you feel at ease and want to be around them? A lot of you gave great examples in the other thread, and even if you're unsure of your type, you can describe what functions you feel like you're weaker in but value.

egos seem to always be aware of my comfort level, or at least interested in knowing it. There's a "rawness" to them that allows me to drop my guard, I don't have to look into what they say (this seems particularly true for leading) and never feel threatened or forced to do anything. They seem to easy wave away all of my anxieties, but still entertain and value my ideas instead of dismissing me as having my head in the clouds. They help me enjoy the moment and open my awareness without being too rough or forceful.

egos take my ideas and feelings, whether subjective or faulty at first, and shows me how they could be useful. They also tend to allow me past their wall of stoicism or "private zone" where I can make them feel comfortable, and that makes me feel special. I feel organized or focused when with them, but not stifled and forced in a direction (unless it's a cranky TeNi), and I don't mind working with them because they value my company as they work, and tell me I can be a welcome distraction when they get too into their work.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

- They simply do things for me that I don't want to do, that I don't have the motivation or will-power to do. Then I can focus on creating the type of idealized life for myself that I want.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    egos seem to always be aware of my comfort level, or at least interested in knowing it. There's a "rawness" to them that allows me to drop my guard, I don't have to look into what they say (this seems particularly true for leading) and never feel threatened or forced to do anything. They seem to easy wave away all of my anxieties, but still entertain and value my ideas instead of dismissing me as having my head in the clouds. They help me enjoy the moment and open my awareness without being too rough or forceful.
    The amusing thing is that you could really swap and in the above, and it would describe me... minus the comment about "comfort levels". Well, ok, a lot of that isn't relevant to me

Additionally, they seem to not care how much of an IP hermit I want to be, and relentless drag me around. I mean, not physical dragging... that's ESEs. I think that's what EP temperament's "taking energy levels for granted" means.

If SEIs are Random Insanity, IXEs are Random Insanity ++ with a passive 10% bonus due to mastery. I love that.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get a vibe of:

acceptance, welcoming, not just I can handle this but I love to be influenced by this

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I get a vibe of:

acceptance, welcoming, not just I can handle this but I love to be influenced by this
    Have any specifics? Like, what is it about those functions that just hits the right spots?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one's my seeking function?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Which one's my seeking function?
    From what I was referencing, it is the ego functions of your duals, for example, and for an NeFi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to put this into words, but I'll try.

1) Si

So, normally I hate to watch TV or movies. I get bored and start wandering off. But if I watch these things w/ an Si person then I tend to get absorbed in it and have fun. I can usually also do nothing and the Si makes me feel relaxed. I also like that they care more than I do if I'm cold or dressed in a practical way, etc. Also, Si guys are the best cuddlers imho.

At one point I was rolled in a blanket watching TV as a Si type went on with the things he was doing, stopping by every now and again to put down a glass of water or a snack (without asking mostly), or to ask if I was cold or wanted a sweatshirt and I was like trying to hide my giddiness, because I could tell that was not a normal thing to be giddy over. I also watched sports at one point, which I despise, but I didn't care because I was wrapped in a blanket and he was hugging me so I sorta zoned out happily.

2) Te

And when I see Te in guys in makes me feel sorta like they're taking care of the difficult thinking stuff that I worry about but hate to think about, so I can focus on making things more fun and/or silly. Sometimes it even makes me smile if a Te type talks about Te things and takes it really seriously. I remember w/ an ESTj being sort of amazed at how much he was fretting over some excel spreadsheet, yet you could tell he was enjoying it even as he was making all of these critical comments about the dumbasses who had put it together, as he was rushing to fix it. So I'm smiling thinking this is amusing that he cares so much about things I don't (such as spreadsheets). In return I think he liked that I would force him to go get ice cream in the middle of the night or take a shot at a strange time.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)