Hybrid View

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gomer Pyle

On the surface at least, does anybody else see a good amount of Fi and little to no Se in this clip?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3LpriSmxM"]YouTube - Gomer Pyle: Bayonet training[/ame]
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    On the surface at least, does anybody else see a good amount of Fi and little to no Se in this clip?
    Yeah, I see no Se whatsover, FiNe.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Yeah, I see no Se whatsover, FiNe.
    Ok, thanks. Although, actually, I'd place him as ENFp > INFj. Here's why I think that:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7HYNMfWpHg"]YouTube - Gomer Pyle Learns a Bully[/ame]

He doesn't overreact to the Se like Se-PoLR people seem to tend to do. He basically ignores it and tries to mitigate the negativity with lots of Fi until he realizes he has to use Se to get what he wants. Most of the time it just seems to go right past him. When he does decide to use it he does fine; he just totally devalues it and would really prefer not to have to deal with it. I'm not sure an INFj could be so even-keeled about it all.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, oops, this should probably go in the famous people sub-forum. My bad! Would a moderator be so kind as to put this thread where it goes?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some have associated liking and caring for animals with Fi:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_XvB0EIcUw"]YouTube - Gomer Pyle Likes Animals[/ame]

He also talks a lot about what specifically he feels for Sgt. Carter and seems very confident in it and what their relation is.

I'm not sure yet what to think of Sergeant Carter. He seems ST, to me, but I'm not sure if he belongs in Beta or Delta? Pyle drives him nuts, but does he really dislike him all that much? Hm...

Here's a clip of Sgt. Carter trying to dispose of "Ralph" and how he ends up handling it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Gp3gy8VcQ"]YouTube - Gomer Pyle Likes Animals 2[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Ok, thanks. Although, actually, I'd place him as ENFp > INFj. Here's why I think that:

He doesn't overreact to the Se like Se-PoLR people seem to tend to do. He basically ignores it and tries to mitigate the negativity with lots of Fi until he realizes he has to use Se to get what he wants. Most of the time it just seems to go right past him. When he does decide to use it he does fine; he just totally devalues it and would really prefer not to have to deal with it. I'm not sure an INFj could be so even-keeled about it all.
    Yeah, that seems to be better typing for him.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with enfp/iee