Thread: INFp-Fes idea of morality quoted:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFp-Fes idea of morality quoted:

So I just heard this from an INFp-Fe I know:
    "If a nuclear bomb was coming toward our city and was going to completely destroy everyone here I would just take an Uzi and go out and mow down everyone I saw, because it wouldn't matter anyway"
    Basically there is nothing about the action itself which is immoral; but only in its consequences is it immoral.
    So if a woman is dying and passed out from morphine, it is okay to rape her, because she will not know the difference. Nothing about the fact that one possesses the will to rape in the first place is 'bad'; or that the act of rape is inherently repulsive. Morals are defined by the world, and by circumstances; and not by the self. Beta morality has nothing to do with the recognition of internal state, or emotional disposition.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 05-03-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's an extreme example but still shows the Beta I.M. elements

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think thats true. Society and worldly circumstances are closely knit. Instead I think Betas will personify the moral blind spots of society.
    The question I'm asking myself right now is what do you get when you have an INFp-Fe who's convinced, through delusion, society is going down in flames? A strong justification for obscene antisocial behavior? Yes I think so..

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    [SUP]

"If a nuclear bomb was coming toward our city and was going to completely destroy everyone here I would just take an Uzi and go out and mow down everyone I saw, because it wouldn't matter anyway"
    What kind of breakfast has the one who thinks that way?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I acknowledged it was an extreme example, and a discussion on this topic would involve the different ways Delta & Beta functions approach morality. But since I already know those answers I really don't need your input. I mostly write these things so I can look at them. I've also noticed Betas are the only types who make virtual sighs.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically there is nothing about the action itself which is immoral; but only in its consequences is it immoral.
    So if a woman is dying and passed out from morphine, it is okay to rape her, because she will not know the difference. Nothing about the fact that one possesses the will to rape in the first place is 'bad'; or that the act of rape is inherently repulsive. Morals are defined by the world, and by circumstances; and not by the self. Beta morality has nothing to do with the recognition of internal state, or emotional disposition.
    Are you sure they weren't playing?

I don't agree. Morals are not defined by the world, you can only enforce a belief system on a person to an extent, during socialization we will all internalize some 'morals' but I also find that when people stop letting thought obscure everything that they will find morals inside of themselves - as in people find morals through the abandonment of their beliefs which society has installed in them.

Also I don't see how an act in itself can be wrong. I guess you could say I am amoral as I would only consider acts to be wrong if they damaged other people.

Nobody is absolutist anyways, it's not possible.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And also;

LOL.

(Your morals are not defined by your type!)
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Another anti-INFp thread.

Seriously. Fuck you.

You have no idea if the guy who said that IS in fact, IEI- your arrogance is showing. Furthermore, you have no idea of his intention. It sounds like he was telling a good joke. That's what a lot of young guys do (I'm assuming that's a young man), they tell rough jokes.

I view Beta morality as helping the outcasts and the TRUE downtrodden of society. (A lot of people like to play victims but they are really well-off) and inspire people who are truly on the fringes to do the right thing and to better themselves. I view Deltas (and Gammas) as people who are responsible for the majority of people, the masses. I view Betas (and Alphas) as protecting the 'little guys' who need the most lifting up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well since you're gay you might think 'Betas defend the gays, and stuff". Which is true. Of course gayness is alot like Beta morality: the action is defined by its consequences, and what does gayness hurt anybody? It doesn't. The problem with gayness, is that it's gross. I think that is a Delta view on morality, more to do with Fi & Si. I also have never met a fag ISTp. So that's my view on that.
    I think Beta & Delta both deal with people 'falling through the cracks'. Beta is interesting in covering up the cracks by expanding the rules.. covering everything in a net of 'flawless rules'. But rules will always have their exceptions. Delta will hold steady to the rules if they accept them, and then be the one who chooses to ignore them or not to ignore them.
    Yes, I'm 100 percent sure he is IEI: that is if anyone can be IEI at all, then he is one.
    Dinki you actually just described what I said and added sort of a twist to the end where morality is viewed as a reconciliation between elements.. That is a mature view of morality, but I don't think it's associated with any one quadra. You also acknowledge your immature, instinctive disposition toward morality is defined socially, and you acknowledge you can't understand that an act in itself is wrong .. all things I said up there about Betas. Maybe you just have trouble reading?.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 05-04-2009 at 03:32 AM.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well since you're gay you might think 'Betas defend the gays, and stuff". Which is true. Of course gayness is alot like Beta morality: the action is defined by its consequences, and what does gayness hurt anybody? It doesn't. The problem with gayness, is that it's gross. I think that is a Delta view on morality, more to do with Fi & Si. I also have never met a fag ISTp. So that's my view on that.
    I think Beta & Delta both deal with people 'falling through the cracks'. Beta is interesting in covering up the cracks by expanding the rules.. covering everything in a net of 'flawless rules'. But rules will always have their exceptions. Delta will hold steady to the rules if they accept them, and then be the one who chooses to ignore them or not to ignore them.
    Yes, I'm 100 percent sure he is IEI: that is if anyone can be IEI at all, then he is one.
    Dinki you actually just described what I said and added sort of a twist to the end where morality is viewed as a reconciliation between elements.. That is a mature view of morality, but I don't think it's associated with any one quadra. You also acknowledge your immature, instinctive disposition toward morality is defined socially, and you acknowledge you can't understand that an act in itself is wrong .. all things I said up there about Betas. Maybe you just have trouble reading?.
    LOL.

Wow, projecting much?
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an intj on here once said morality did not exist. Therefore throw alpha in with your poop pile. Your equation of gamma values better than anyone else is in itself asinine. Perhaps you joke? asinine.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jeesh crazedrat, whatever personal issue you had with IEIs and your projection of us, thinking you understand us -- well you don't. All the IEIs I know can vouch for this. Let the IEIs speak for themselves. And you need to learn something, a word that everybody keeps saying on this forum: OBJECTIVITY. You have a perspective. That's neat. Everybody has perspectives, and guess what?

Perspectives are ALL true, every single goddamn one of them. But they are only true in a specific context, in a specific environment and for a specific purpose.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The problem with gayness, is that it's gross.
    Stop generalizing. Gayness can be very gross, if the individual is gross. Gayness can also be very NOT gross if the individuals aren't gross. Just like straight people.

Your brain. It needs shrinking. You have to start looking at specifics/details/individuals WHILE also remaining objective, to understand people and psychology correctly.

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's funny stuff.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It turns out the person involved in this event (IEI-Fe) is a paranoid schizophrenic who idolizes adolf hiter and doesn't understand the motivation of life and nature. Is this a reflection of Beta morality? Only in the most extreme sense. The underlying functional form is there, but its direct application is irrelevant

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this your brother?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya today he was admitted to a mental institution because he was plotting to kill me and my mother with a bomb he found out how to make online

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I smell a troll.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you're wrong.

Creepy-Cyclops

B&D is using his intuition. He is predicting I will post.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm like a superhero!

As for your brother, I'm sorry to hear that. I was in a mental institution once, for a few days. Worst days of my life. Poop stains on covers, mean/bitchy & condescending staff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has nothing to do with types, he is a paranoid schizophrenic, all 16 types with paranoid schizophrenia will likely to be able to express the same delusion. don't mixed an IEI's fantasies in which a normal healthy IEI can differentiate that it is in their head and it is not real. When I read what your brother wrote, I think that a IEI can also have similar fantasies but they are not out of touch with the real world to actually act it out, where as your brother has suffer from a medical term of delusional thought because of chemical imbalances that led him to be unable to know that what he is thinking is indeed false, again it is totally not type related and should not be connect to any sort of ideas that INFp are the idealist type in socionics. idealist and delusional thoughts are totally different.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's got more to do with having a Nihilistic belief than being a type or being in a certain quadra.

Such beliefs are popular in this modern age... just ask your friend what they're going to do if the world was going to end, and they would say that they would have sex with as many people as possible or something like that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry about your brother, crazedrat.
    IEI-Fe 4w3