Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interpersonal Circumplex

Creepy-bg

Default Interpersonal Circumplex

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leary_Circumplex"](from wikipedia)[/ame]
    Interpersonal Circumplex

The interpersonal circle or interpersonal circumplex is a model for conceptualizing, organizing, and assessing interpersonal behavior, traits, and motives (Wiggins, 2003). The interpersonal circumplex is defined by two orthogonal axes: a vertical axis (of status, dominance, power, or control) and a horizontal axis (of solidarity, friendliness, warmth, or love). In recent years, it has become conventional to identify the vertical and horizontal axes with the broad constructs of agency and communion (Horowitz, 2004). Thus, each point in the interpersonal circumplex space can be specified as a weighted combination of agency and communion.

Character traits

Placing a person near one of the poles of the axes implies that the person tends to convey clear or strong messages (of warmth, hostility, dominance or submissiveness). Conversely, placing a person at the midpoint of the agentic dimension implies the person conveys neither dominance nor submissiveness (and pulls neither dominance nor submissiveness from others). Likewise, placing a person at the midpoint of the communal dimension implies the person conveys neither warmth nor hostility (and pulls neither warmth nor hostility from others).

The interpersonal circumplex can be divided into broad segments (such as fourths) or narrow segments (such as sixteenths), but currently most interpersonal circumplex inventories partition the circle into eight octants. As one moves around the circle, each octant reflects a progressive blend of the two axial dimensions.

There exist a variety of psychological tests designed to measure these eight interpersonal circumplex octants. For example, the Interpersonal Adjective Scales (IAS; Wiggins, 1995) is a measure of interpersonal traits associated with each octant of the interpersonal circumplex. The Inventory of Interpersonal Problems (IIP; Horowitz, Alden, Wiggins, & Pincus, 2000) is a measure problems associated with each octant of the interpersonal circumplex. The Circumplex Scales of Interpersonal Values (CSIV; Locke, 2000) is a 64-item measure of the value individuals place on interpersonal experiences associated with each octant of the interpersonal circumplex. The Person's Relating to Others Questionnaire (PROQ), the latest version being the PROQ3 is a 48-item measure developed by the British doctor John Birtchnell. Finally, the Impact Message Inventory-Circumplex (IMI; Kiesler, Schmidt, & Wagner, 1997) assesses the interpersonal dispositions of a target person, not by asking the target person directly, but by assessing the feelings, thoughts, and behaviors that the target evokes in another person. Since interpersonal dispositions are key features of most personality disorders, interpersonal circumplex measures can be useful tools for identifying or differentiating personality disorders (Kiesler, 1996; Leary, 1957; Locke, 2006).

History

Originally coined Leary Circumplex or Leary Circle after Timothy Leary is defined as "a two-dimensional representation of personality organized around two major axis".[1]

During the twentieth century, there were a number of efforts by personality psychologists to create comprehensive taxonomies to describe the most important and fundamental traits of human nature. Developed in 1957 by Timothy Leary, who would later become famous for his controversial LSD experiments at Harvard, the circumplex is a circular continuum of personality formed from the intersection of two base axis: Power and Love. The opposing sides of the power axis are dominance and submission, while the opposing sides of the love axis are love and hate.

Leary argued that all other dimensions of personality can be viewed as a blending of these two axis. For example, a person who is stubborn and inflexible in their personal relationships might graph her personality somewhere on the arc between dominance and love. However, a person who exhibits passive aggressive tendencies might find herself best described on the arc between submission and hate. The main idea of the Leary Circumplex is that each and every human trait can be mapped as a vector coordinate within this circle.

Furthermore, the Leary Circumplex also represents a kind of bull's eye of healthy psychological adjustment. Theoretically speaking, the most well adjusted person of the planet could have their personality mapped at the exact center of the circumplex, right at the intersection of the two axis, while individuals exhibiting extremes in personality would be located on the circumference of the circle.

The Leary Circumplex offers three major benefits as a taxonomy. It offers a map of interpersonal traits within a geometric circle. It allows for comparison of different traits within the system. It provides a scale of healthy and unhealthy expressions of each trait.

Leary's original circumplex diagram

(some more stuff- needs to be worked into above)
    Interpersonal Theory: A Cord of Three Strands

The circumplex tradition in interpersonal psychology was inspired by the interpersonal theory of Harry Stack Sullivan (1953) and the sociological theory of George Herbert Mead (1934), and made more explicit and accessible to research by Timothy Leary (1957), who introduced the circular ordering of variables known as the interpersonal circumplex (see figure at left, a replica of Kiesler's 1983 circumplex taken from Gurtman, 1997). Interpersonal theory comprises three strands of leading ideas: the principle of complementarity, the principle of vector length, and the principle of circumplex structure.
    The first strand of interpersonal theory is the principle of complementarity (Carson, 1969; Kiesler, 1983; Orford, 1986; Wiggins, 1982), which contends that people in dyadic interactions negotiate the definition of their relationship through verbal and nonverbal cues. This negotiation occurs along the following lines: dominant-friendliness invites submissive-friendliness, and vice versa, whereas dominant-hostility invites submissive-hostility, and vice versa.
    The second strand of interpersonal theory is the principle of vector length, which contends that within diagnoses of personality type on the interpersonal circle, vector length (a measure of statistical deviance) is an index of psychopathology (psychiatric deviance; Wiggins, Phillips, & Trapnell, 1989). In general, people with rigid, inflexible personalities have more problems--even if such people are inflexible in a friendly direction--whereas people with flexible, adaptive personalities have fewer problems--even if such people are generally more hostile than friendly.
    The third strand of interpersonal theory is the principle of circumplex structure, which contends that variables that measure interpersonal relations are arranged around a circle in two-dimensional space (Leary, 1957). A circumplex can be viewed in three successively more restrictive and testable ways. First, a circumplex can be viewed as merely a useful pictorial representation of a particular domain. Second, a circumplex can be viewed as implying circular order, such that variables that fall close together are more related than variables that fall further apart on the circle, with opposite variables being negatively related and variables at right angles being unrelated (orthogonal). Third, a circumplex can be viewed as implying exact circumplex structure, such that all variables are equally spaced around the circle (Wiggins & Trobst, 1997). Sophisticated psychometric and geometric tests can be applied to determine whether a circumplex meets the criteria for exact circumplex structure (Acton & Revelle, 1998).

(more to come)

Links
    Tests and Inventories
    Timothy Leary's Interpersonal Behavior Circle
    Personal Inventory

Browser based Inventory
    Interpersonal Adjective Scales Inventory

Interpersonal Theory: Papers Elsewhere

Interpersonal Theory: Links in This Website
    • Interpersonal Complementarity
      • This website describes the interpersonal principle of complementarity and includes a lengthy bibliography of complementarity references. By G. Scott Acton.

Interpersonal Theory Outline
      • This outline links to an interactive learning tool on interpersonal theory called an ASK system, in which links are based on questions that readers have asked or might ask. By G. Scott Acton.

Interpersonal Theory: Websites Elsewhere
    • 1982 Interpersonal Circle
      • This page features Kiesler's version of the 1982 interpersonal circle. By Donald J. Kiesler.

George Herbert Mead (1863-1931)
      • This is a discussion of the thought of a philosopher and psychologist whose ideas influenced interpersonal theory. By George Cronk.

Interpersonal Circle Web Site
      • This website includes an overview of interpersonal theory and a discussion of measures representing the interpersonal circle. By James A. Schmidt.

Interpersonal Circumplex
      • This website describes the nature of the interpersonal circumplex and includes links and a lengthy bibliography of circumplex references. By Michael B. Gurtman.

Harry Stack Sullivan
      • This page features quotes from a psychiatrist whose thought heavily influenced interpersonal theory. By Brent Dean Robbins.

Harry Stack Sullivan (1892-1949)
      • These course notes discuss Sullivan's theory of human development. By Douglas A. Davis.

Society for Interpersonal Theory and Research
      • This organization's website contains conference information and links to other interpersonal resources.

Interpersonal Theory: Reference Sources Interpersonal Theory References
    • This is a virtually complete list of references on interpersonal theory up to 1999. By G. Scott Acton.

SITAR: Recent Publications by Members
    • This is a list of recent publications on interpersonal theory. By the Society for Interpersonal Theory and Research.

Suggested Readings A list of suggested readings on this topic is also available. By G. Scott Acton.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's extremely interesting bionicgoat. Thank you for sharing.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That's extremely interesting bionicgoat. Thank you for sharing.
    I coded up Leary's inventory into one that can be taken over the web (It still isn't done, can't copy paste the results). It's a bit weak imo compared to the modern stuff, but it was good for learning how to do the tests in html and javascript (I'm still learning so it's a bit simplistic). Now that I know at least somewhat what I'm doing, I'd like to do one of the more together ones so that we can see if there's correlations to peoples Socionics and Enneagram types from the forum. I've already come across articles about mapping the Big-5 factors onto a circumplex (not the article I'm talking about but I'm too tired to find it atm). This could be an interesting new tool for looking at Socionics dichotomies and traits.
    Last edited by bg; 05-02-2009 at 06:18 PM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do I do with my results?!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    What do I do with my results?!
    yeah lol, I got all spacy and quit before I figured out how to make a nice copy/paste results box for the forum. actually I did the results all weird too so you can't even select them to copy. heh sorry. I'll fix it after I get some sleep. I've been up way to long to play with javascript and html right now.

/edit you could screenshot it?
    Last edited by bg; 05-02-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

memories of McNew. I will have to wait a while before I can begin to look at circular personality type diagrams again.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominance (AP) 0.5 Submission (HI) 4
    Hate (DE) 4 Love ( LM) 2

Managerial (A) 0 Autocratic (P) 1
    Narcissistic (B) 2 Responsible (O) 0
    Competitive (C) 5 Hypernormal (N) 0
    Sadistic (D) 4 Cooperative (M) 1
    Aggressive (E) 4 Over- Conventional (L) 3
    Rebellious (F) 8 Dependent (K) 2
    Distrustful (G) 5 Docile (J) 1
    Self- Effacing (H) 8 Masochistic (I) 0

Hateful and Submissive
    Rebellious/Self-Effacing & Competitive

yay.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you cannot. I doth made that beauty on MS Paint, dear.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Where can you type in your results to see them mapped out?

edit: Oh, did you do that yourself?
    Yeah, I can't figure out a way to automate that yet. I'm still learning

here are the instructions on how to place the points...

• On the Interpersonal Behavior Circle the internal circle represents 0, the first concentric circle 2, the next 4, the next 6, and the last 8.
    • For each pie shaped piece of the pie (P, A, B, C, D, E, F, G), place a dot to represent the number of checks added up for each group (P, A, B, C, D, E, F, G) on the test on the line that represents 2, 4, 6, or 8. If you have uneven numbers of checks, place dots for those numbers (1, 3, 5, 7) in between the concentric lines of the circle.
    • Connect the dots around the circle to create a geometric shape that defines your predominant areas of interpersonal behavior.

and this how to look at the scores...

if your score is low (2 - 4), it represents a moderate level on the particular quality. If your score is high (6 - 8), it represents a more extreme level of the behavior in question.

for the dom/sub and love/hate axis I just averaged the two factors that are closest. this isn't technically accurate though since all the factors in that hemisphere should go into the calculation. The next test I'll do that.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Sister INFp:

The end is nigh

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominance (AP) 5.5
    Submission (HI) 2
    Hate (DE) 3
    Love ( LM) 2

Managerial (A) 4
    Autocratic (P) 7
    Narcissistic (B) 7
    Responsible (O) 1
    Competitive (C) 5
    Hypernormal (N) 3
    Sadistic (D) 3
    Cooperative (M) 1
    Aggressive (E) 3
    Over- Conventional (L) 3
    Rebellious (F) 4
    Dependent (K) 1
    Distrustful (G) 5
    Docile (J) 0
    Self- Effacing (H) 3
    Masochistic (I) 1
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops I guess I was supposed to go all the way to the circumference for 8. oh well
    The end is nigh

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominance (AP) 0
    Submission (HI) 2
    Hate (DE) 2.5
    Love ( LM) 1

Competitive (C) 1 - able to take care of self
    Sadistic (D) 2 - can be strict if necessary
    Aggressive (E) 3 - can be frank and honest; straight-forward and direct, irritable, critical of others
    Rebellious (F) 4 - can complain if necessary; ?
    Distrustful (G) 5 - able to doubt others; frequently disappointed, hard to impress, touchy, easily hurt; jealous, slow to forgive a wrong, stubborn
    Self- Effacing (H) 3 - able to criticize self; apologetic, easily embarrassed, lacks self-confidence
    Masochistic (I) 1 - can be obedient
    Docile (J) 3 - ?; ?, often helped by others, very respectful to authority
    Dependent (K) 3 - appreciative; very anxious to be approved of, accepts advice, ?/trusting and eager to please
    Over-Conventional (L) 0
    Cooperative (M) 2 - friendly
    Hypernormal (N) 0
    Responsible (O) 0
    Autocratic (P) 0
    Managerial (A) 0
    Narcissistic (B) 0
    Last edited by marooned; 05-04-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Dominance (AP) 3.5
    Submission (HI) 2.5
    Hate (DE) 6
    Love ( LM) 0.5

And highest score from:
    Competitive (C) 8
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My results:

Dominance (AP) 2.5 Submission (HI) 2.5
    Hate (DE) 0 Love ( LM) 5
    Managerial (A) 1 Autocratic (P) 4
    Narcissistic (B) 4 Responsible (O) 2
    Competitive (C) 0 Hypernormal (N) 6
    Sadistic (D) 0 Cooperative (M) 5
    Aggressive (E) 0 Over- Conventional (L) 5
    Rebellious (F) 1 Dependent (K) 4
    Distrustful (G) 2 Docile (J) 3
    Self- Effacing (H) 4 Masochistic (I) 1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominance (AP):5 Submission (HI):.5
    Hate (DE):3.5 Love ( LM):1.5

Managerial (A)7
    Autocratic (P)3
    Narcissistic (B)5
    Responsible (O)2
    Competitive (C)4
    Hypernormal (N)0
    Sadistic (D)3
    Cooperative (M)2
    Aggressive (E)4
    Over- Conventional (L)1
    Rebellious (F)3
    Dependent (K)0
    Distrustful (G)3
    Docile (J)0
    Self- Effacing (H)1
    Masochistic (I)0

lol?
    (Sorry about the order)
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel like doing the map, but I fall almost completely in the responsible-hypernormal area, spilling over on managerial-autocratic.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Dominance 1
    Hate 3.5
    Submission 6
    Love 2

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrm. BG, do you know where I can find some basic descriptions of the different categories?

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    My Sister INFp:

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominance (AP) 3
    Submission (HI) 2.5
    Hate (DE) 3.5
    Love ( LM) 5.5

Managerial (A) 2
    Autocratic (P) 4
    Narcissistic (B) 5
    Responsible (O) 5
    Competitive (C) 7
    Hypernormal (N) 3
    Sadistic (D) 4
    Cooperative (M) 5
    Aggressive (E) 3
    Over- Conventional (L) 6
    Rebellious (F) 1
    Dependent (K) 5
    Distrustful (G) 5
    Docile (J) 2
    Self- Effacing (H) 2
    Masochistic (I) 3
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-male

Dominance (AP) 1 Submission (HI) 5.5
    Hate (DE) 0.5 Love (LM) 5

EDIT

Timothy Leary would like to inform you that I'm unhealthily love-starved, and he has the circular diagram to prove it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominance (AP) 2.5
    Submission (HI) 5.5

Hate (DE) 2
    Love ( LM) 5.5

Managerial (A) 0
    Autocratic (P) 5
    Narcissistic (B) 4
    Responsible (O) 8
    Competitive (C) 3
    Hypernormal (N) 8
    Sadistic (D) 1
    Cooperative (M) 6
    Aggressive (E) 3
    Over- Conventional (L) 5
    Rebellious (F) 8
    Dependent (K) 6
    Distrustful (G) 5
    Docile (J) 3
    Self-Effacing (H) 7
    Masochistic (I) 4

someone tell me what this means?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Dominance (AP) 2.5
    Submission (HI) 5.5

Hate (DE) 2
    Love ( LM) 5.5

someone tell me what this means?
    You deeply want to worship a man dressed in tight leather and let him whip you to sleep at night?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

@Vero

Complementarity is based around a vertical flip, though.

So it's more like someone who's slavishly there for you. <- Dominance/Love. Go figure.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    @Vero

Complementarity is based around a vertical flip, though.

So it's more like someone who's slavishly there for you. <- Dominance/Love. Go figure.
    Ummmm, no. Complementarity is not based on a vertical flip, unless you mean that the complement is the missing piece of what is. You can't say, however, that you define a word by it's complement. When you go to a thesaurus you don't look at antonyms when you're looking for synonyms.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Ummmm, no. Complementarity is not based on a vertical flip, unless you mean that the complement is the missing piece of what is. You can't say, however, that you define a word by it's complement. When you go to a thesaurus you don't look at antonyms when you're looking for synonyms.
    The first strand of interpersonal theory is the principle of complementarity (Carson, 1969; Kiesler, 1983; Orford, 1986; Wiggins, 1982), which contends that people in dyadic interactions negotiate the definition of their relationship through verbal and nonverbal cues. This negotiation occurs along the following lines: dominant-friendliness invites submissive-friendliness, and vice versa, whereas dominant-hostility invites submissive-hostility, and vice versa.

Did I misread that then? Help me, Dual >:

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quite interesting.

Dominance (AP) 2.5
    Hate (DE) 5.5
    Submission (HI) 2
    Love ( LM) 0.5

Managerial (A) 1
    Narcissistic (B) 2
    Competitive (C) 4
    Sadistic (D) 5
    Aggressive (E) 6
    Rebellious (F) 6
    Distrustful (G) 5
    Self- Effacing (H) 2

Autocratic (P) 4
    Responsible (O) 1
    Hypernormal (N) 1
    Cooperative (M) 1
    Over- Conventional (L) 0
    Dependent (K) 1
    Docile (J) 1
    Masochistic (I) 2

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post

Did I misread that then? Help me, Dual >:
    Dude, you're missing the point completely. What you quoted is about rules of attraction. I wasn't actually talking about attraction, I was making a funny about the terms "Dominant" and "Submissive". Then you tried to correct me by saying that someone who is dominant/love will be slavishly devoted to you, which really had nothing to do with what you just quoted. It also wasn't really relevant to what I was saying.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

You've officially completely lost me now.

I think I'll just stop trying to communicate with people now.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thread deserves bump.

Dominance: 2
    Hate: 3
    Submission: 5
    Love : 4

Managerial : .1
    Autocratic 3
    Responsible 7
    Hypernormal 5
    Cooperative 4
    Over conventional 4
    Dependant: 3
    Docile:5
    Masochistic 5
    Self-Effacing 5
    Distrustful 3
    Rebellious 1
    Aggressive 3
    Sadistic 3
    Competitive 1
    Narcissistic 2
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Managerial: 2
    Autocratic: 4
    Responsible: 1
    Hypernormal: 1
    Cooperative: 1
    Over-conventional: 1
    Dependant: 2
    Docile: 0
    Masochistic: 1
    Self-Effacing: 2
    Distrustful: 1
    Rebellious: 3
    Aggressive: 1
    Sadistic: 2
    Competitive: 2
    Narcissistic: 4
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither of my pcs can pull up bgs cox.net test, it keeps timing out. Which link are ya'll accessing?

Edited to add: Oh well, I did the print out form.

P autocratic 1
    A managerial 0
    B narcissistic 0
    C competitive 1
    D sadistic 1
    E aggressive 3
    F rebellious 4
    G distrustful 4
    H self-effacing 5
    I masochistic 1
    J docile 2
    K dependant 2
    L over-conventional 0
    M cooperative 1
    N hypernormal 1
    O responsible 1

*sigh* i'm depressed now; beating myself up because of the highest score being self-effacing. Go figure.
    Last edited by anndelise; 05-25-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, let's trick people into believing our opinions are the standards society should hold regarding self-assessment! What a great way to make money!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2009 this waste was released. 2009. It just goes to show that community-based theory does not work.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Neither of my pcs can pull up bgs cox.net test, it keeps timing out. Which link are ya'll accessing?

ehhhh.... my isp changed their online data storage thing, i can't find how to access my files on their server from their website

/edit... looks like the fuckers deleted everything i had stored online for my account when they changed the online storage system
    Last edited by bg; 05-25-2012 at 07:21 PM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really interesting, where do I take the test everybody's done?

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Hey, let's trick people into believing our opinions are the standards society should hold regarding self-assessment! What a great way to make money!

[/socionics]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast