Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Enneagram type 1 with dominant sexual instinct - SX One

  1. #1
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Enneagram type 1 with dominant sexual instinct - SX One

    Out of all types to me, I find that the enneagram one's are most interesting to me. I will pull these two description from ocean moonshine.

    Sexual/Self-pres

    When the sexual instinct is dominant, the One's fear of not being perfect manifests directly in the realm of close personal relationships. Close bonds are the focus of their perfectionism. They focus on having a perfect mate or perfect friends and family. Competition and intensity can enter the picture.

    This subtype is a mass of contradictions. They want to let themselves go, but judge themselves for doing so. The difference between this type and the self-pres/sexual is that the sexual first intensity wins out. They can be highly critical of their spouses, expecting perfection from them. They can be very jealous and protective of their relationships. Their sense of humor can be sarcastic and biting. On the down side, they can be brutal to others while being very sensitive themselves to the slightest criticism. When their standards or ideals arenít met, youíll likely know about it. The anger and frustration is more visible in this subtype, and they also tend to be more emotionally demonstrative than the other non-sexual subtypes.

    On the high side, the contradictions and struggle usually make for a very interesting person, combining high ideals with passion. Their blind spot can be their inability to see the impact of their intensity in the social realm.



    Sexual/Social

    The instinctual energy of this subtype is the most at odds with their dominant Oneness. This subtype is the most intense. They are looking for perfection in everyone they are close to, not just their spouses. They can be very charismatic and engaging. They can also be very persuasive, like the social/sexual. If they have an opinion you are going to hear about it. Itís very important for them to be understood. They are outwardly competitive. Like the social/sexual, they too may be mistyped as other enneatypes. The anger that is under the surface with the other instinctual variants of type One is much more likely to be apparent with this subtype. You always know where you stand with them. They can mimic type Eight's energy in this regard. On the high side, this type is warm and engaging, but on the down side this same energy can bring with it the full brunt of the One's anger and the need to be right.
    Does anyone know anybody personally who is a sexual instinct one and would like to share the perspective about them? The only good example I can think of someone who is a one sexual/social is Caesar Milan, the dog whisper on the national geographic channel.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  2. #2
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Reading that excerpt is so much Beta intense with this song:

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y16tHRLzyXg]YouTube - Junkie XL - Cities in Dust[/ame]

  3. #3
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, it doesn't have to be beta as enneagram one. But i think we all can agree that the most trademark socionic type being an one is the ISTj then follow by ISFj ESTj INFj.

    http://typewatch.net/index.php?board=5.0? have lucky Lu typed as an Sx/Sp enneagram one.

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WffVJf1Xww]YouTube - Lucy Liu interview for the movie Kung Fu Panda[/ame]


    I watch that video and I can see her being an ISTj, I am not exactly sure how it would be like if I live with her, and seeing that video I might or might not see the "mass contradiction" that Oceanmoonshine described, I can, If you will "Envision or see" her with the following bold.

    Sexual/Self-pres

    When the sexual instinct is dominant, the One's fear of not being perfect manifests directly in the realm of close personal relationships. Close bonds are the focus of their perfectionism. They focus on having a perfect mate or perfect friends and family. Competition and intensity can enter the picture.

    This subtype is a mass of contradictions. They want to let themselves go, but judge themselves for doing so. The difference between this type and the self-pres/sexual is that the sexual first intensity wins out. They can be highly critical of their spouses, expecting perfection from them. They can be very jealous and protective of their relationships. Their sense of humor can be sarcastic and biting. On the down side, they can be brutal to others while being very sensitive themselves to the slightest criticism. When their standards or ideals aren’t met, you’ll likely know about it. The anger and frustration is more visible in this subtype, and they also tend to be more emotionally demonstrative than the other non-sexual subtypes.

    On the high side, the contradictions and struggle usually make for a very interesting person, combining high ideals with passion. Their blind spot can be their inability to see the impact of their intensity in the social realm.
    Last edited by 07490; 05-03-2009 at 01:54 AM.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  4. #4
    calenwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    TIM
    ISXj
    Posts
    949
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post

    Does anyone know anybody personally who is a sexual instinct one and would like to share the perspective about them? The only good example I can think of someone who is a one sexual/social is Caesar Milan, the dog whisper on the national geographic channel.
    Actually, I knew this one kid briefly who I'm pretty sure was a sexual instinct one. He was very intense and got irritated easily. I know that he was raised by Christian parents and told that you were supposed to wait to have sex until you were married, etc, and without even knowing him that well I could tell that he was really conflicted between his natural desires and what he believed to be "right." (He even mentioned to me briefly how torn up he was over this.) Anyway, we didn't really keep in touch, but erm. yeah. I really don't know that much about him except that he wants to go into business and is very disciplined.

    Also, I am 1w9 sp/sx, but I don't think this is what you are looking for. (:
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

  5. #5
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Also, I am 1w9 sp/sx, but I don't think this is what you are looking for. (:

    Part of the reason why I started this thread was because I work with a ISTj 1w9 sp/sx. she is definity 1w9 sp/sx and I explain socionics to her. All in all I think she, unlike most ISTj I have met is very withdrawn and volatile, she has a soft spot too, definity, but she gets irritated very easily to a point I think it is due to the repression she has over things, she is an Sp first and that Spness will get her so sensitive over things that people will think it is natural part of things like initiating conversation with her. There is absouletly no way I can compare her, with you. I am also sure she is an ISTj as I don't get people's typing wrong on people I know which i have thought about their typing. I have even send her the socionics.com +/- profile and she confirm that it sounds exactly liked her. maybe even if you two are suppose to be a look-a-like, your Sp focus is on Introvert feeling, where as she has a priority on introvert thinking. Through I have a pretty good impression of who you are, she isn't at all like you. Coming home from work I ponder whether I think she is either a heavy depressive person, and she has this weird laugh at things where it looks like she hates herself for who she is. She once also told me she has a pretty clear idea of who she is/want.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  6. #6
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A random thought I have in my head. As much as I like my duals, and I am pretty sure I will be spending one with the rest of my life, I think they can be very unstable people. One moment they are delicate and the next are rough, and back again. That is where I see the volatile in her that is different from you. I am sure you can also get mad at things but it is sure from feeling based things where people can understand, as oppose to rationalization of the mind Introvert thinkers have that their madness that sprung out spontaneously that is often misunderstood than Introvert feeling right or wrong.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  7. #7
    calenwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    TIM
    ISXj
    Posts
    949
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Part of the reason why I started this thread was because I work with a ISTj 1w9 sp/sx. she is definity 1w9 sp/sx and I explain socionics to her. All in all I think she, unlike most ISTj I have met is very withdrawn and volatile, she has a soft spot too, definity, but she gets irritated very easily to a point I think it is due to the repression she has over things, she is an Sp first and that Spness will get her so sensitive over things that people will think it is natural part of things like initiating conversation with her. There is absouletly no way I can compare her with you. I am also sure she is an ISTj as I don't get people's typing wrong on people I know which i have thought about their typing. I have even send her the socionics.com +/- profile and she confirm that it sounds exactly liked her. maybe even if you two are suppose to be a look-a-like, your Sp focus is on Introvert feeling, where as she has a priority on introvert thinking. Through I have a pretty good impression of who you are, she isn't at all like you. Coming home from work I ponder whether I think she is either a heavy depressive person, and she has this weird laugh at things where it looks like she hates herself for who she is. She once also told me she has a pretty clear idea of who she is/want.
    What do you mean by the section that I bolded? How does the sp instinct lead to a sensitivity toward certain things? I have not heard this before and I am curious.

    Also, do you know a lot of ISTjs? I must admit that do not, but the ones that I do know are not outwardly unstable like this girl that you have described. I'm not trying to imply that I don't believe she is ISTj - but perhaps she is not the best type exemplar.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

  8. #8
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    What do you mean by the section that I bolded? How does the sp instinct lead to a sensitivity toward certain things? I have not heard this before and I am curious.

    Also, do you know a lot of ISTjs? I must admit that do not, but the ones that I do know are not outwardly unstable like this girl that you have described. I'm not trying to imply that I don't believe she is ISTj - but perhaps she is not the best type exemplar.
    Unstable as I mean just a sudden rough changes in attitude, me being an Sp and Si polr I sometimes have a hard time knowing whether something that is being said will make people feel uncomfortable, I can only relate a sense of not saying the wrong things based on my intuition but not the comfort level in the physical concrete reality. This problem will properly exaggerate things with her. But as far as I can see, she is definity more prone to anger than any other ISTj I know and she always has a incredibly rough tone with the customer. this can be exaggerated by people acting stupid or trying to bother you by asking irrelevant questions to things. I believe she does have a sense of humor and likes Beta joke but at the same time I think she expects no bullshit and is very analytical to a point that she expect "things to be that way". I am properly the only one out of 20 people where I can have a decent form of meaningful communication with her besides work, and even then a few things I can say like asking "how is pharmacy school going along" can irritate her, I expect this to be part of her self preservationness that something should not be asked at times.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  9. #9
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She is like niffweed but in a female ISTj form. both of their volatility are exactly alike.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    A random thought I have in my head. As much as I like my duals, and I am pretty sure I will be spending one with the rest of my life, I think they can be very unstable people. One moment they are delicate and the next are rough, and back again. That is where I see the volatile in her that is different from you. I am sure you can also get mad at things but it is sure from feeling based things where people can understand, as oppose to rationalization of the mind Introvert thinkers have that their madness that sprung out spontaneously that is often misunderstood than Introvert feeling right or wrong.
    Oh I've had close encounters with 2 male duals, and I can tell you, you guys make us unstable! Honestly, you guys know how to push our buttons and I find myself becoming a character of myself....overemphasizing certain principles and becoming more aggressive...and I think it's because you guys provoke it and need it for certainty.

    But I'm not sure that addresses your topic. Yeah I guess there is a roughness to us which we probably don't entirely see (and LSIs probably see things in EIEs that you don't). I probably wouldn't even recognise this roughness all the time or see how intense I am as it's my default mode. It's probably due to weak Fe. But I think LSIs have the potential to let loose in an appropriate environment. I would say the person you see at work would be very strict with themselves and others (to a lesser degree)....very focused in general about getting the job done (at the expense of others) ...and getting it done *correctly* and towards certain *goals*

  11. #11
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm an E1, but I'm an sp/sx.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  12. #12

    Default

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP8sDnNasAU]YouTube - Dog Whisperer Gives Dog Advice to the Obama Family[/ame]

    Cesar Millan seems 3w2ish. He exudes too much cheesy warmth for type 1.
    Last edited by MellowMarcello; 05-03-2009 at 02:48 AM.

  13. #13
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    He seems like a typical laid-back Mexican that benefits a lot from social liberalism.

    Please don't look so deeply into things. It's annoying.

    But don't think I haven't been through the same predicament.

    I'm here to crush your illusions and concepts, show you nerds how little you REALLY know about the world and truly inspire and empower the human race. You have perceptions and insights. That's great. It also gets you nowhere.

    It is me. It always has been all about me!

    I'm the mother fucking internet Hero.

    And I'm telling you right now....this mexican's type doesn't matter. He's there to help train your dogs. Psychoanalyzing him is dumb. Why? You will all just come to different conclusions on what he really is, with no objective evidence or anything that can be substantial. I know the right answer FEELS 'right' to you but guess what? Even if you are right, your concepts- it doesn't mean truly anything of what exactly he is capable of. You have to get off your lazy ass, MEET him, spend time with him in a VARIETY OF SOCIAL SITUATIONS and actually TALK TO HIM IN-DEPTH ABOUT MANY, MANY TOPICS. Before you can even THINK about judging him, and thinking you have an idea about him and guess what, THE MEXICAN WOULD STILL SURPRISE YOU.

    You can't figure people out. That's why people are so amazing.

    Name 5 new skills you could learn to do today that doesn't have anything to do with psychoanalyzing people. Just 5.

  14. #14
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Numbers, that you find E1 is interesting, is interesting I think, because all the dominant Ti's i've met IRL are E1's. I can't comment on forum E1's/LXI's though.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    He seems like a typical laid-back Mexican that benefits a lot from social liberalism.

    Please don't look so deeply into things. It's annoying.

    But don't think I haven't been through the same predicament.

    I'm here to crush your illusions and concepts, show you nerds how little you REALLY know about the world and truly inspire and empower the human race. You have perceptions and insights. That's great. It also gets you nowhere.

    It is me. It always has been all about me!

    I'm the mother fucking internet Hero.

    And I'm telling you right now....this mexican's type doesn't matter. He's there to help train your dogs. Psychoanalyzing him is dumb. Why? You will all just come to different conclusions on what he really is, with no objective evidence or anything that can be substantial. I know the right answer FEELS 'right' to you but guess what? Even if you are right, your concepts- it doesn't mean truly anything of what exactly he is capable of. You have to get off your lazy ass, MEET him, spend time with him in a VARIETY OF SOCIAL SITUATIONS and actually TALK TO HIM IN-DEPTH ABOUT MANY, MANY TOPICS. Before you can even THINK about judging him, and thinking you have an idea about him and guess what, THE MEXICAN WOULD STILL SURPRISE YOU.

    You can't figure people out. That's why people are so amazing.

    Name 5 new skills you could learn to do today that doesn't have anything to do with psychoanalyzing people. Just 5.

    Blah blah blah...what kind of keyboard warrior are you?

    Lemme know when you get to 3000 posts here, caps-lock boy.

  16. #16
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    =(

    Okay! I will. =)

  17. #17
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Numbers, that you find E1 is interesting, is interesting I think, because all the dominant Ti's i've met IRL are E1's. I can't comment on forum E1's/LXI's though.
    I like them because they give a damn about things, and one of the more serious types.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  18. #18
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BandD I think you are the one that needs your advice the most, do not call everyone who is into intellectual discussion to do something else, they are here by choice, just like people who are into math or science major are there by choice, you wont called a quantum physic scientist a nerd and a failure in life, I think you have gotten a really bad idea of how a healthy minded person is really suppose to be, The only thing evident in you is that you are attracted to the street life, that is fine with me but don't go patronizing people and make it sound like you are there to save them.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post
    Oh I've had close encounters with 2 male duals, and I can tell you, you guys make us unstable! Honestly, you guys know how to push our buttons and I find myself becoming a character of myself....overemphasizing certain principles and becoming more aggressive...and I think it's because you guys provoke it and need it for certainty.

    But I'm not sure that addresses your topic. Yeah I guess there is a roughness to us which we probably don't entirely see (and LSIs probably see things in EIEs that you don't). I probably wouldn't even recognise this roughness all the time or see how intense I am as it's my default mode. It's probably due to weak Fe. But I think LSIs have the potential to let loose in an appropriate environment. I would say the person you see at work would be very strict with themselves and others (to a lesser degree)....very focused in general about getting the job done (at the expense of others) ...and getting it done *correctly* and towards certain *goals*
    I know this is a necro post but someone linked me to this thread. Sounds like conflictor, not dual, if it was making you a "character of yourself" and unstable.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •