Thread: ALRIGHT FAKE SLIs - you want an SLI?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ALRIGHT FAKE SLIs - you want an SLI?

ollobollo - perfect example.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ollobollo photo

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing like having a fake SLE to point this out to us.

ollobollo is the man and has a video somewhere in the last few pages of Jessica129's "video" thread, for those interested.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, I thought SLI's didn't exist on this forum?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Nothing like having a fake SLE to point this out to us.
    fucking lol

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    ollobollo - perfect example.
    Yes, he's a great example. Now who are these fake SLIs you're addressing this to?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ollobollo View Post
    ...and most people here are way more knowledgeable than I am.
    It may seem that way at first, but don't count on it.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    It may seem that way at first, but don't count on it.
    +1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Yes, he's a great example. Now who are these fake SLIs you're addressing this to?
    You, DeAnte, Luis for certain. Possibly Cyclops.

force my hand and snegledmaca are the only genuine SLIs on the forum.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You, DeAnte, Luis for certain. Possibly Cyclops.
    Thanks for making a fool out of yourself by answering a sarcastic rhetorical question, to which I already knew the answer.

force my hand and snegledmaca are the only genuine SLIs on the forum.
    Say hi to niffweed and tell him to teach you how to think for yourself.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for making a fool out of yourself by answering a sarcastic rhetorical question, to which I already knew the answer.

lol
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy parkywarky, don't get too offended. You might start inadvertently giving me credit for my truths.

Actually I think it's pretty funny deliberately answering every question posed.

I teach everyone everything.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy parkywarky, don't get too offended. You might start inadvertently giving me credit for my truths.
    RIGHT FUCKING THERE.

The LSI typing is used in this community as a scapegoat to silence people who stand up for what they believe and dont give in to the social pressure. Brilliant.

I teach everyone everything.
    This however, is most certainly true.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have an incredible ability to misread people. Who taught you these skills?

Actually I think it's pretty funny deliberately answering every question posed.
    It certainly is. I laugh't. Might have slapped my knee even.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK so I get DeAnte, obviously. Unless he's putting an a big act, I can't imagine he's actually SLI. He could just be having fun and being like that for play, but he does really seem to have this complicated Ti-based system.

And I get Luis. He's on my list of forum favorites, but he is so warm and charming, and those traits aren't typical of SLIs. He could be SLI, but that points to SEI to me.

I don't have a strong opinion, but I guess I'm at least not bothered by Winterpark's self typing.

I'm not that into typing other people unless something happens that gives me a strong feeling. My Ne gets in the way and I think, "Maybe this type, and maybe this type, and he could be this type, and this looks like this type" etc. I have a hard time focusing. And I do agree with A.A. that sometimes LSI seems to be thrown out because people simply don't like someone. I haven't liked at least the way DeAnte has been presenting himself lately, and I have worried that I might be thinking he's LSI simply because of that. Also, there's this "Classical Socionics vs. Other Socionics" political stuff going on that I think is distracting people. But even if I ignore all of that and think that he might just be having some fun, his strong valuing of that VI system still makes me think LSI. But I can't say I'm sure, because I'm never sure of anything - I always see that other things are possibly true as well.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    And I get Luis. He's on my list of forum favorites, but he is so warm and charming, and those traits aren't typical of SLIs. He could be SLI, but that points to SEI to me.
    Subtype differences?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    The LSI typing is used in this community as a scapegoat to silence people who stand up for what they believe and dont give in to the social pressure. Brilliant.
    In this case, "standing up for what they believe" is akin to standing up for a "belief" that the Pope is Zoroastrian.

In other words, I know they "believe" it--but they're still wrong--in this case, in terms of Socionics, which is what we're discussing here, (Model A Socionics.)

I wish you'd take your non-socionics stuff (Steve-onics--Ashton, in his wisdom, has distanced himself from the nutty typings, e.g. Christian Bale = ENTp and Dan Cook = ENFp...) to the forum provided for it, i.e. other typologies.

Cyclops is SLI... I think Luis very well may be too... Winterpark I believe to be LSI... Same with DeAnte... And Jessica129.
    Last edited by JuJu; 05-01-2009 at 08:22 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subtype differences?
    That is one other possibility. Also, if he is my dual, I might find him warm and charming for that reason instead of creative Fe. But I do find him warm and charming in the way I find SEIs charming IRL. Like I said, though, there are other things that could be going on so I do not rule out SLI.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK so I get DeAnte, obviously. Unless he's putting an a big act, I can't imagine he's actually SLI. He could just be having fun and being like that for play, but he does really seem to have this complicated Ti-based system.
    Good.

I agree.

And I do agree with A.A. that sometimes LSI seems to be thrown out because people simply don't like someone.
    Maybe, but in the case of DeAnte, I don't dislike him. I just think he's misguided.

Subtype differences?
    Unlikely. Those kinds of traits aren't the kinds of traits that would be due to subtype. That's a whole other type.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I believe to be LSI... Jessica129.
    I remember her saying the only film she cried in was Glory. I watched it last weekend, and I thought "there is no way an SLI would be affected by this film. At all". The director, Ed Zwick, is probably EIE.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, but in the case of DeAnte, I don't dislike him. I just think he's misguided.
    It's clear that he does not like you, no offense.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By mistyping Luis as anything other than SLI-Si, Ezra's stupidity has truly reached it's peak.

JuJu's wikisocion userlist, which includes myself, strrrng, Jessica129, Allie, Jimbean, and Winterpark as each other's identical and dualz of ******, is so laughably lacking in merit that it practically pwns itself.

OK so I get DeAnte, obviously. Unless he's putting an a big act, I can't imagine he's actually SLI. He could just be having fun and being like that for play, but he does really seem to have this complicated Ti-based system....his strong valuing of that VI system still makes me think LSI.
    I think it's time you and I went and got this out of the way. If you're interpreting the inclusion of benchmarks, gender, and subtype classifications in my VI Guides as some sort of elaborate based system, might I suggest that just because something looks "complicated" or resembles a "system" at face value does not necessarily indicate that it is intrinsically related to ? Might I also add that subjective judgements, efficiency within systems, and noting correctness/logic from incorrectness/illogic are just as much the realm of and as they are , meaning the mere presence of such examples are not automatically indicative of nor do they preclude the others?

Any and all "categorizations" involved were merely the result of my inclination to give the most thorough analysis possible (Model A - , or at least what I have observed many on this forum attributing to Model A Te-cre) in the form of an aesthetically pleasing format (Model A - ).

Take JuJu's "video guide" for example. It's shit. Sloppily put together and not at all concerned about whether not some 23 yr old LSE-Si female is going to relate to or "see" herself in a video of a tired, old Bob Dole, etc. Our differences of opinion in our respective approach to socionics/VI notwithstanding, the basic idea of my guide's format was to avoid creating a resource of such limited potential and utility.

Also, if you observe our interaction in the IEE VI Guide thread, all it took was a little + from look.to.the.sky (to which I was highly responsive) for me to go into a step by step explaination of the methods which brought me to my conclusions, in which I even outright deny the existence and application of some based cohesive structure, though I am sure you and I have different ideas on how certain functions actually manifest.

I haven't liked at least the way DeAnte has been presenting himself lately, and I have worried that I might be thinking he's LSI simply because of that.
    This is most likely the case IMO. I don't know if you're into enneagram at all, but most SLIs tend to be 9s. I'm a 5w6, which I imagine can, in many cases, create an impression of vast difference online - if comparing to other SLIs - than it would in person. Age may also be coming into play.

Fwiw, for as long as I've been reading this site, you've always been one of my favorite members here and had we initially met IRL, I'm about 100% sure you and I would have gotten along fine and that it wouldn't have taken much time at all for you to recognize me as your "dual."
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 05-05-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeAnte do you know what type Dr. Gene Ray is? The inventor of the time cube theorem? Videos of him are on youtube.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    Butting in here, but you speak as though duality is the be all end all of things involved with human interaction.
    I do not "speak as though" what you stated is true nor have I ever subscribed to such an opinion. I've often stated that duality is not all people make it out to be. I'm honestly not sure how you read such a thing into my post.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    Eh, it seemed that way because from what I got from the quoted text is that you and SM haven't been on the smoothest terms. You expressed confidence that if things had gone down in RL first it'd be obvious you were duals, regardless of the part where things hadn't gone smooth online. Which to me seemed like you thought duality would be a cure for it--when it might just be that there's differences that duality won't fix?
    I don't know what others are reading into my comments, but I mean simply to say that Slacker Mom and I most likely would not have argued over theory/type had we met under different circumstances IRL, in which case, I do not believe it would be difficult for her to view me as being SLI or technically, her socionic "dual."

This does not mean I think we'd automatically love each other nor is it meant to reflect any other mystical view of socionics. My statements mean nothing more than what is stated.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    It's clear that he does not like you, no offense.
    ...And?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, if I had to choose a benchmark for SLI, it would be Force My Hand.

I would also like to add that I think it's a misguided assumption that Fe-PoLRs are unfriendly, cold or impersonable. I'd like to bring up Maria (Implied) who most people here type as some kind of IXTp. When I hung out with Maria in New York, I had a blast with her. She was very friendly, rather approachable and the two of us spent a lot of time laughing together and chatting together. Where the concept of Fe-PoLR comes in is that she has very little investment in concerns of upkeeping that atmosphere. She also didn't realize the kinds of vibes she gave off at times (where we joked that she often looked like she was disgusted or confused, which surprised her).
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.