Thread: What to do when you are bored?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What to do when you are bored?

INTj orientated I guess, or at least consider that part of my personality. I'm doing what needs to be done, my homework and stuff, and developing a workout schedule. But I still feel... bored to some extent.

I was just wondering what other (INTjs, but I'll try to keep it open to) ALPHAs do in this situation. I know there is something I can recalibrate or improve or whatever, but I seeem to be at a bit of a standstill. Or perhaps I'm in a position where I'm on top of things schoolwise and I'm looking for something produtive I can do in the mean time.

The internet has been very boring lately, and I'm not going to start up plaing games again unless I find something I really like. Besides, like I said, I kinda want to do something productive. Any constructive thoughts are appreciated
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Masturbate, pretty much. And play City of Villains.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What to do when you are bored?

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    INTj orientated I guess, or at least consider that part of my personality. I'm doing what needs to be done, my homework and stuff, and developing a workout schedule. But I still feel... bored to some extent.

I was just wondering what other (INTjs, but I'll try to keep it open to) ALPHAs do in this situation. I know there is something I can recalibrate or improve or whatever, but I seeem to be at a bit of a standstill. Or perhaps I'm in a position where I'm on top of things schoolwise and I'm looking for something produtive I can do in the mean time.

The internet has been very boring lately, and I'm not going to start up plaing games again unless I find something I really like. Besides, like I said, I kinda want to do something productive. Any constructive thoughts are appreciated
    studying constantly will kill you at some point. you can take up a hobby like photography. surfing the net is something you clearly do. posting numerous threads of many topics to forums like this can pass the time.

i like watching anime, i'm teaching myself japanese because of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tinkering with things is something I find helps pass the time very quickly and keeps me entertained.
    "Knowlege is not very far" - Flaw's Worlds Divide
    "When you're taught through your feelings" Lacuna Coil's Swamped.
    "To see the world in a grain of Sand" - Blake
    "A little non-sense now and then is cherished by the wisest of men"

INTj, INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apex
    tinkering with things is something I find helps pass the time very quickly and keeps me entertained.
    is that related to DiscoJoe's comment?

but yeah, taking something apart just to see how it works can kill time. right now i'm organizing the shop. a few hours went by, and with the exception of my legs hurting from all the standing - i never noticed the time pass.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tinkered out my dorm room for the time being. I like photography very much. I'd like to spend more time outside tomorrow, but it's going to be inclement. Hmm.... I suppose there are few things I could do...
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    is that related to DiscoJoe's comment?

but yeah, taking something apart just to see how it works can kill time. right now i'm organizing the shop. a few hours went by, and with the exception of my legs hurting from all the standing - i never noticed the time pass.
    Organizing is great, when you have the time to do it right

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tinkered out my dorm room for the time being. I like photography very much. I'd like to spend more time outside tomorrow, but it's going to be inclement. Hmm.... I suppose there are few things I could do...
    inclement is good for photography, provided nothing get's wet. you can get shots of people in the rain/snow. clouds etc - all make good black and whites. it also let's you see things you might have missed, a camera some how opens you up to things you would normally pass by.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

offtopic: what is your avatar, Apex?

PS:

A few hours later, I noticed that I'm enjoying things a lot more after I ate that Snickers bar. I guess it's another correlation between eating and my mood / drive / ability. .... I guess I didn't really eat much today, so I guess that is why. It is so intersting, though.... the simplest things like eating and what not can change so much. I'm less irritable, less bored (because I can properly concentrate on things, and it's not tireing/sleep inducing), and just "overall-y better". I guess I'll need to bag an ESFj who doesn't mind cooking, or at least keeps me in line in that regard. *post it note*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scour Wikipedia for interesting tid-bits, listen to music, and play games.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Drink. Talk to chicks. Drink and talk to chicks. Play video games. Drink and come up with plans to take over the earth. Drink while playing video games. Read anything I find interesting at the time. Hit up a bar. Go on adventures. Myspace.

Pretty much it.
    ILE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

........ there seems to be a pretty clear line between the types here.

In otherwords, thank god I'm not an ENTp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP: my avatar is a picture by Kyle Anderson called After the Battle, I think. He has a website that is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ScanDave
    Drink. Talk to chicks. Drink and talk to chicks. Play video games. Drink and come up with plans to take over the earth. Drink while playing video games. Read anything I find interesting at the time. Hit up a bar. Go on adventures. Myspace.
    That would drive me insane.
    "Knowlege is not very far" - Flaw's Worlds Divide
    "When you're taught through your feelings" Lacuna Coil's Swamped.
    "To see the world in a grain of Sand" - Blake
    "A little non-sense now and then is cherished by the wisest of men"

INTj, INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I like cross-word puzzles and reading some good fiction sometimes when I'm bored. I keep having to remind myself not everything I do has to have some other grander purpose.

Mountain biking is fun in summer...get the thrill from going down hills. Umm photography umm buy a new toy ummm get a puppy!
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to do when you are bored?
    this
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sleep...sometimes I just like to sleep when I'm bored. Dream happy dreams fa lala la la la.

Actually, popping in a dvd and going to bed kinda has a nice sound to it. Nap time!!!
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    What to do when you are bored?
    this
    1 Joy 08 Sep 2005 3388
    2 Rocky 09 Jul 2005 2544
    3 rmcnew 24 May 2005 2463
    4 Cone 01 Mar 2005 2187
    5 Kraus 24 May 2005 1770

obviously I'm bored quite a bit these days
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

I came up with an interesting relatioship between why people hold onto ideas and how that relates to interplanetary gravity. I was partly sober at the time too.
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    And play City of Villains.
    ZOMG! I love you now. I had to (at least temporarily) stop playing though because I spent too much time on it I was playing CoH too which made things even worse.

Edit:
    When I get bored...I come here I suppose Or play a videogame. Or go see someone. Or do some sports stuff. Well whatever pops into my mind basically. I don't have any specific/persistent boredom medication. If I had I would get bored to it, hehe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I get board
    Usualy go on the internet. Sleep or listen to music and be lazy. Watch movie. Go outside. Draw or do art stuff long it not HW.
    ISFP, SEI

I like throwing on my head phones and going for a walk. When I see something that makes me feel intrigued, I stop and dream. I feel like walking around outside is one of the best things I do for myself. Walking in the rain can be good, too (as long as you have the mindset that you're going to get wet).

I surf the net. Check out wikipedia.

Cook, work out, rock climb, crochet, clean room, watch movie, drink, chill with a friend.... I very rarely find myself to be bored. I also find myself having very little free time to to most of the things I listed above... although I try to cook and workout frequently.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm finding the more physically active I am, the easier and more efficiently I can study. I also find that the more things I have to do, the better I am, too. So I think trying to keep myself structured, and busy, is best for me.

I went to a workshop today about learning types, and I believe that the more things I incorperate the better. If I try to focus on one thing too much it fades, so balance, rotation, variation. Kind of fitting I suppose; multiple perspectives, situations, etc. I'm going to try to more actively focus on applying that aspect to many parts of my life.

I still feel I need to recalibrate my lifestyle for this new environ... I'm not operating at maximum efficiency yet, and this displeases me. For instance - like you mentioned; I shouldn't be bored. I have an unlimited number of things to do whatever the case may be, besides things that I "need" to do...

There's much to do.

If I try to focus on one thing too much it fades
    Yeah. I sometimes get major gung-ho about something only to find I get bored wit hit a few months later - sports especially.

I still feel I need to recalibrate my lifestyle for this new environ...
    Yeah, being knew to college (aren't you?) takes some major adjustment. I don't think I fully adjusted till my 3rd year - but I mean FULLY adjusted. I think things like this just take experience.

Where did you go to a type workshop?

BTW: i remebered that I get bored after I finish large projects. last year I found myself dedicating 4 hrs a night to a group project. when it was over i felt like I had nothing to do.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlendieOfIndie
    Where did you go to a type workshop?
    Learning types. Like differntiating between aural, visual, tactile; left brain/right brain, etc etc

not personality types (just to clarify)

My college offers a great, free sort of skills development program. I'm exploiting it as much as I can, because at the very least it is good for a resume, etc. BUt it also is helping my get acclimated to the college, and some of the people, etc. It gives me another structure to work around, so I don't mind it so much.

I think, mostly, I just have to remember to revise my notes on what I have to do more often. I know that soudns weird. It's a matter of differentiating between different kinds of focus and dilligence, and using (and knowing how to use) the right one at the right time. That sort of thing. That, and I think I still have some cobwebs from taking some time off betweencollege and HS. This displeases me quite a bit, though.

I feel lazy and stupid