Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Typing overly behaviorally, or even one step removed from behaviorally, like "This person is aggressive therefore he's Se", led me to find too many inconsistencies because there is no such absolute term as what constitutes objectively "aggressive" behavior, and then to say that someone's psychological makeup consists of an "aggressive or forceful function"?
Steve... Like all Socionics information elements, Se has nothing to do with so-and-so getting mad, as you're trying to make it seem here.

Like all info elements, Se is something you can see in behavior and feel psychologically.

In Se egos, Se is something you see manifested in someone's personality continually, i.e. nearly all the time... (Like Ne in your ego and Fe in mine...) Thus, "Se leading."

My point is, you can't take specific traits which appear as such in a certain context and ignore the motivational context.
Maybe you're right, Steve, and the 'why' of someone's personality = enneagram... That is irrelevant to Socionics, as 'why' is not what Socionics seeks to describe. (Personally, I think 'why' is much more complicated than the enneagram presents it.)

Socionics describes personalities via how they process info... The only way one can detect how people process info is by observing their personalities, (e.g. psychological "traits,") to see and feel how the info is manifested in their personalities. ("Manifested" = what you can see and feel it in a person's personality.)

While yes, in comparison to Si or Ne, Se is much more "hard and concrete and sort of acts like different impulses of 'force'" it is not forcefulness in and of itself, just as yellow can appear "bright, light, happy," while purple can appear "deep, dark, mysterious", those words do not equate with the colors. The word "force" only is useful in comparing Se to other functions on a very general and abstract level, and not behaviorally at all.
To extend your color example to Socionics and the real world--just as I don't give a shit "why" e.g. purple wants to be purple (lol; ) I don't particularly give a shit why Se wants to manifest in certain people, (i.e. what the enneagram describes.)

I am a practical man and thus content to know Se (and the color purple, for that matter,) when I see them and feel them, i.e. I am content with Socionics, unpolluted by the enneagram.

This is all by way of saying, you and Socionix are abstracting Socionics--something meant to be tangible and experiential--to the point of being impractical, ineffable, and signifying next-to-nothing to real people in the real world.