Thread: Dearest Introverts

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dearest Introverts

Please stop sitting around at your houses all day. Just because you have a TV doesn't mean you should watch it all day. Just because you have food at your house doesn't mean we can't go to a restaurant.

When you call me, please have an activity in mind that is not the same thing we did yesterday and does not involve us sitting around your house.

When I suggest something awesome like drinking wired russians (a white russian made with espresso) and walking around downtown hitting on random women, you should be excited and want to do this instead of going back to your house to watch tv.

Thanks for your participation. Leaving the house makes us all better people!

Last edited by Banana Pancakes; 04-26-2009 at 12:47 AM.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Creepy-male

D:

So much for EP being able to take for granted varying energy levels in others T_T

On a plus note, my IEE friend just asked me to take part in a photoshoot. Ne ftw!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    When you call me, please have an activity in mind that is not the same thing we did yesterday and does not involve us sitting around your house.
    How do you do that?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    No.
    going to just edit my text to "be less like Carla."
    ILE-Ti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I suggest something awesome like drinking wired russians (a white russian made with espresso) and walking around downtown hitting on random women, you should be excited and want to do this instead of going back to your house to watch tv.
    Out of all your suggested activitys... it only enhances my reason why i stay home
    MBTI - ISTP
    SOCIONICS - SLI
    "Perhaps it is I who understand best why man alone laughs. He suffers so great that he had to invent laughter." - Friedrich Nietzsche

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Please stop sitting around at your houses all day. Just because you have a TV doesn't mean you should watch it all day. Just because you have food at your house doesn't mean we can't go to a restaurant.

Thanks for your participation.
    No.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So like...

I expected a bunch of intros to go "NO we're actually fun, we do things, etc"

wtf guys those responses are depressing.
    ILE-Ti

Creepy-male

Hey, I am fun, and I do do things... I just need a crazy IXE scheme to drag me up off my ass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Hey, I am fun, and I do do things... I just need a crazy IXE scheme to drag me up off my ass.
    you. me. wired russians. down town.
    ILE-Ti

Creepy-male

Hey, man. When it's legal for me to drink alcohol.

And when you live in Australia, or I live wherever the hell you do.

DAMNIT. I need to find more ILEs to attach myself to.

I hate you >=

Just because you have food at your house doesn't mean we can't go to a restaurant.
    But they are expensive and boring.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Hey, man. When it's legal for me to drink alcohol.

And when you live in Australia, or I live wherever the hell you do.

DAMNIT. I need to find more ILEs to attach myself to.

I hate you >=
    lol look at this LII following the legality rules.
    ILE-Ti

Creepy-male

But I'm not a card-carrying superhero.

Lmao, this reminds me of that time my AVEN group tried to sneak me into a bar. Lol.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm down.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm going rafting today so...

i'm not interested in a boring russian espresso

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just go out with other extraverts. It's more fun.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree, if you like to do lively things just get other extroverts and leave us alone.

Asking us to go out and about is like asking YOU to stay in.

I can get physically healthy just fine in my room, btw. I don't need other people to do that. I simply DO NOT get my energy from other people. I still like people! I just need a safe distance from them.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even with all the ways socionics has helped me in trying to be more tolerant of extroverts, still if i saw that freak standing by that cactus and smiling that smile, i would feel a deep inward feeling of total revulsion and it would be hard to reign down the flight part of 'fight or flight.' it's best to retreat gracefully, because extroverts are kind of like dogs, and if you run, they will chase you. mercilessly. thank god socionics has saved me and i now realize that people like the cactus guy are just freaks. i can still want to get away from extroverts, but i no longer misattribute my strong need to get away from cactus guy as having to do with his extroversion (instead of his freaky scariness).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    even with all the ways socionics has helped me in trying to be more tolerant of extroverts, still if i saw that freak standing by that cactus and smiling that smile, i would feel a deep inward feeling of total revulsion and it would be hard to reign down the flight part of 'fight or flight.' it's best to retreat gracefully, because extroverts are kind of like dogs, and if you run, they will chase you. mercilessly. thank god socionics has saved me and i now realize that people like the cactus guy are just freaks. i can still want to get away from extroverts, but i no longer misattribute my strong need to get away from cactus guy as having to do with his extroversion (instead of his freaky scariness).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An SEI asked me out the other day. Neither of us really wanted to see a movie, and yet that was what we did .. because we were both too insecure to go out on a limb and suggest something interesting. Gah - what's wrong with me? :/

The hot tap squeaks. Yeah, so what ... until an ILE guy comes over and plays a tune with it. Oh man, I love Ne! And then someone mentions the wasted water. Argggghhhhhh!!

Yeah, sitting at home again. ):
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-Cyclops

I've found that doing a sport or few and beer are good at getting me out the house. Work seems to get me out as well. Damn that!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    An SEI asked me out the other day. Neither of us really wanted to see a movie, and yet that was what we did .. because we were both too insecure to go out on a limb and suggest something interesting. Gah - what's wrong with me? :/

The hot tap squeaks. Yeah, so what ... until an ILE guy comes over and plays a tune with it. Oh man, I love Ne! And then someone mentions the wasted water. Argggghhhhhh!!

You should see how awesome duality is when it gets rolling. Here's how it works:

SEI makes subtle suggestion in the form of talking about a subject that is realted to what they would actually like to do. ILE goes "WOAH WE SHOULD DO THIS!!@JFML:E!" SEI and ILE are both content because SEI is doing what makes him/her happy and ILE thinks it was his/her brilliant idea. Everybody wins.

Also, I need new board game buddies ;_;
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, when I lived with an IEI:

ILE: *gets home from work and IEI is sitting on the couch playing video game* Hey, what's up?
    IEI: Playing Ken Fighter IV, what else is new?
    ILE: Man, still? What the hell is wrong with these people that they all want to play with Ken? *is trying to be sympathetic*
    IEI: *clearly wants to bitch ILE out but decides not to*

*Awkward silence. ILE wants the mood to improve because the grumpy silence makes her uncomfortable. IEI is looking for Se in ways that escape ILE*

ILE: I love that you always play with Vega. As super gay as it is, it's oddly appropriate. Suits your cockiness and your snobbiness.

*IEI starts to smile but is clearly trying not to*

ILE: Also, it's kind of endearing that you get so into the game that you start to wiggle while you play. You kind of make little jerking movements along with your character. It's like you're a kid who can't control himself. Did you know that?

IEI: *seems a little uncomfortable with that knowledge* So what?
    ILE: Nah, it's cool. You're just so into the game. It makes me laugh because you're just so damn smug.
    IEI: It's not smugness when I win. It's legitimate superiority. I'm a winner and I like winning, so I always win.

*ILE takes this as a cue to play devil's advocate and waits until IEI has forgotten about conversation*

ILE: Want to play Mariokart?
    IEI: Sure.

*ILE wins and riles IEI with feigned humility in winning. IEI wants her to brag so he can bitch ILE out*

*ILE strategically "bores" of game right when ESE gets home and IEI has not had a chance to redeem himself. Now ESE can smooth out the rough edges and ILE feels she has had adequate revenge on IEI for being a grumpy little shit when she was trying to be nice*
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post

Jem, would you like to run through a field in the middle of the night with me?
    ILE-Ti

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it sucks that I work from home, even less motivation to get off my ass.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    IEI : You know? We should go out. It's a nice day... (Ni-explanation of what an ideal world you can create if you get out at times....)
    ILE : Yeah! that's a great idea. We should! (Ne- crazy ideas about what funny things you can do if only the world had been ideal... )
    Inside my head I was like "no-one says that to me". Then suddenly I rembered this guy, who I flatted with who used to tell me how sunny it was when I was all demotivated and pessimistic.

Anyway, one day he seemed to make me a coffee in the morning. Which apparently isn't normal. So he must really have wanted me awake

Both laughing at stupid ILE-joke. (ILEs are funny)

IEI : So, let's GO!!! (Se-seeking, wanting the ILE to push them both out of the sofa.)
    ILE: Don't stress!!! (Si-seeking, wanting the IEI to calm down the situation instead of pushing)
    IEI : FFS! GET YOUR FAT ASS OUT OF THE SOFA!!!! (Mobilizing all forces, decided to manage moving them both, as it seems the ILE won't move them)
    ILE : Take it easy. I'll give you a massage. (Mobilizing all forces, decided to calm down the situation - and the IEI - so that the trip out can be relaxing)
    A massage, eh?

The only time I seem to see that kind of IEI behaviour is with girls I've just met who are VERY LOUD ... and very IN YOUR FACE....

Then you just have to say something like "you're sexy when you don't know what you're doing", and they'll be like "I know exactly what I'm doing" and it's like the contrast between being BIG / LARGE ... and small controlled,. tight

I think IEI's usually get bored of me.

Some hours later, both confused. IEI fell asleep from the massage. ILE fell asleep from the sleeping IEI. Both still sitting on the sofa.

IEI : You know, we really should have gone out today... (Ni-dreaming about all the good things that could have been)
    ILE: Yeah, I know. Next time it will be great... (Ne-image of how it will be tomorrow)

:redface:
    OH GOD I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE AER LIKE WE SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS WE SHOULD AHVE DONE THAT.

NEXT TIME IT WILL BE GREAT IS BAD TOO.

THE PRESENT MOMENT IS ALL THAT COUNTS.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kritik View Post
    it sucks that I work from home, even less motivation to get off my ass.
    then get a new job.

or get some whore that llves on the other side of town.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    then get a new job.

or get some whore that llves on the other side of town.
    meh, I don't have motivation to get motivated. I am just going with the flow. My boss promised to send me overseas soon and pay for all my expenses, so I am going to milk this company as much as possible before quitting. And I have a gf on the other side of town, but since she's not my dual, I'm not that happy to travel so far every weekend.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    You should see how awesome duality is when it gets rolling. Here's how it works:

SEI makes subtle suggestion in the form of talking about a subject that is realted to what they would actually like to do. ILE goes "WOAH WE SHOULD DO THIS!!@JFML:E!" SEI and ILE are both content because SEI is doing what makes him/her happy and ILE thinks it was his/her brilliant idea. Everybody wins.

Also, I need new board game buddies ;_;
    Sounds good.. (c:
    Jem, would you like to run through a field in the middle of the night with me?
    Yes! In fact, last week I suggested running at midnight, but it was shot down with practicalities.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol last night i was talking outside to an INFj friend and he introduced me to an ILI. His body language was all scrunched up like his legs were too close to each other or something but it just made me like him more. He and the INFj started talking about dungeons and dragons and i said something and the ILI said "have you played d&d?". When i said yes he kind of looked me as if he didn't believe id played it haha. There were all these girls walking around in bathers and stuff (there is a pool on campus) and he just kept talking unabashedly about D&D without even noticing them. It was quite funny actually. He was so exited.

He was taking about World of Darkness and D&D and some Hard Sci-Fi adventure hes writing for over the internet regarding a trip to Titan. He was explaining how the AI in the adventure will try to kill off the Player characters and other things that will happen, like space insanity with people attacking each other with medical instruments. This guy is quite young but hes doing his masters in history, and a few people have told me hes probably one of the most intelligent people going around Campus.

So now im going to play D&D with him, his ISFj friend, INFj and another friend. Fuck the real world i think imaginary ones are much more fun. I mean lets face it. If i go out to town i will spend $100 on alcohol and my chances of getting laid are about 2%. If i stay home i save my money and i can have an elf orgy in my own mind. Introverts are more awesome
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    But they are expensive and boring.
    meh. they're alright if i'm not the one paying. :wink:
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Lol last night i was talking outside to an INFj friend and he introduced me to an ILI. His body language was all scrunched up like his legs were too close to each other or something but it just made me like him more. He and the INFj started talking about dungeons and dragons and i said something and the ILI said "have you played d&d?". When i said yes he kind of looked me as if he didn't believe id played it haha. There were all these girls walking around in bathers and stuff (there is a pool on campus) and he just kept talking unabashedly about D&D without even noticing them. It was quite funny actually. He was so exited.

He was taking about World of Darkness and D&D and some Hard Sci-Fi adventure hes writing for over the internet regarding a trip to Titan. He was explaining how the AI in the adventure will try to kill off the Player characters and other things that will happen, like space insanity with people attacking each other with medical instruments. This guy is quite young but hes doing his masters in history, and a few people have told me hes probably one of the most intelligent people going around Campus.

So now im going to play D&D with him, his ISFj friend, INFj and another friend. Fuck the real world i think imaginary ones are much more fun. I mean lets face it. If i go out to town i will spend $100 on alcohol and my chances of getting laid are about 2%. If i stay home i save my money and i can have an elf orgy in my own mind. Introverts are more awesome
    thank you. you're pretty awesome too
    INTp
    sx/sp