Thread: Is my friend ISFp?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is my friend ISFp?

I have this friend who I assumed is SEI. We always get along really well together. However, I met with him tonight and something strange happened. He started acting in a way that I could only describe as vulgar. He then went on about how he acts differently around me. When he's with his other friends, he's more himself, and other people would consider him to be obnoxious. This was absolutely shocking. I thought to myself: "could he be SEE?" I tried to pry deeper. I asked him what he's like around his roommates. He said that he's more outspoken. I then asked him when he feels like he's enjoying life most. He told me it's when he's enjoying good food and watching movies - and also playing the guitar. Also, when we watched the movie Shaun of the Dead together a few weeks ago, he absolutely hated the character that I identified as ILI. All of this is very contradictory to me.

There's only one thing I can say: ????????????????

Jason

Creepy-male

"It's a Fe thing".

Social Chameleon Disorder.

FTR, I feel more:

Argumentative around ILEs
    Banal and silly around SEIs (good thing!)
    Random and crazy around ESEs
    Intellectual around LIIs

- around SLEs (don't know any )
    Dreary and gloomy around IEIs (sometimes... they're the one type with no fixed pattern for me)
    Shut down around LSIs (really hard to get those Fe pings from them )
    Subdued around EIEs

Mentally ON FYAR around IEEs
    Goofy and awesome with SLIs
    Deliberately provocative around EIIs
    Invisible around LSEs

Silly around SEEs
    Argumentative around ILIs
    Inept and unworthy around LIEs
    - around ESIs (don't know any)

Normally, I prefer to be part of the background until I know what flies.

From WSWiki on Fe:

"...some SEIs may be inclined to interact spontaneously (and often reservedly) with others according to the immediate emotional ambience of a situation."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that is strange... He feels somewhat constrained around you..? I wonder why... To me you seem very open, you know? More than most.

To me, it sounds a bit like IEI style rebellion, you know, but I can't be sure.

Creepy-male

I guess I'm, once again, off living in my own little world

Oh well.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I have this friend who I assumed is SEI. We always get along really well together. However, I met with him tonight and something strange happened. He started acting in a way that I could only describe as vulgar. He then went on about how he acts differently around me. When he's with his other friends, he's more himself, and other people would consider him to be obnoxious. This was absolutely shocking. I thought to myself: "could he be SEE?" I tried to pry deeper. I asked him what he's like around his roommates. He said that he's more outspoken. I then asked him when he feels like he's enjoying life most. He told me it's when he's enjoying good food and watching movies - and also playing the guitar. Also, when we watched the movie Shaun of the Dead together a few weeks ago, he absolutely hated the character that I identified as ILI. All of this is very contradictory to me.

There's only one thing I can say: ????????????????

Jason
    Fi polr types have difficulty maintaining a consistent psychological distance with others. Have you considered ILE?

I would also double-check whether he's lieing about how he's perceived by his friends. He might've comitted the one faux-pas with you, but tried to make up another character in order to seem consistent (dumb move thx. to over-fixation on Fi) because he blew the one mistake out of proportion (also weak Fi).

If he's SEE, then he probably acted that way with full intention of causing harm, because he perceived you as a conflictor or didn't like you for some reason.
    Last edited by xerx; 04-25-2009 at 08:33 PM.