TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Reverting to ILE

I have once again decided that I am ILE. My reasoning:

• Most of my behavior, on this forum at least, and also RL (though it isn't quite as obvious), is due to seeing other perspectives. I do it perpetually... this is base Ne, not merely creative Ne.
    • Ti is something I find cool, strive to do well, and succeed at. This is a description of the creative function, not the base function.

I typed myself LII by picking out Ti as my identity, however now I see that that was my identity because it was what I loved about myself, not because it was what I couldn't stop doing.

Scrapped.
    Last edited by Brilliand; 04-25-2009 at 02:18 AM.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

Duals

The challenge: being a socially extraverted social cripple, as opposed to a socially introverted one

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Duals

The challenge: being a socially extraverted social cripple, as opposed to a socially introverted one

At least now I can make first contact, and my dual won't reject me for being an extrovert.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange. I never really doubted you were an identical. You do tend to lock your ideas firmly down. We'll see how long this self-typing lasts.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    since you started a thread: Brilliand, have you ever considered ENTj?
    I have never considered that plausible.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I still think you're an LII. I think you're a rational, and there's no way you're an extrovert.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-male

Delta childhoods do that to people, Abbie

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, perhaps I misperceived myself. Reverting again.

Seeing things from so many sides that I can't draw a conclusion actually bothers me, and I'm more willing to be depended on for Ti than for Ne.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of my behavior, on this forum at least, and also RL (though it isn't quite as obvious), is due to seeing other perspectives. I do it perpetually... this is base Ne, not merely creative Ne.
    Accepting Ti is an Empowering Static function, like Accepting Ne. It also has a connotation of multiplicity of viewpoints and a sense of "could be anything". It's linked to cartesian doubt and rejection of answers that don't have a solid understanding to back them up. IMO, this is what you have been experiencing. It's perfectly normal for an INTj.

Creepy-Cyclops

labcoat I think it would be interesting if you ever got round to making a list of the types you see forum members as.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    labcoat I think it would be interesting if you ever got round to making a list of the types you see forum members as.
    +1

But he'd type me as ILE, I know it :wink:

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

information elements aren't suited for selftyping. Just look at the dichotomy introvert/extravert.

If that is a problem too, then compare yourself to other introverts and extraverts that you know.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    information elements aren't suited for selftyping. Just look at the dichotomy introvert/extravert.

If that is a problem too, then compare yourself to other introverts and extraverts that you know.
    Uh... if they don't exist in my head, where only I can really see them (at least as they apply to me), where do they exist?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    As a general policy I don't doubt peoples' self-typings. I only become sceptical when they change theirs at least once. This should tell you enough.

I have no business telling people what they are on the basis of what little information transfers over the internet when they can use all of the information gathered during a lifetime to figure it out for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon
    But he'd type me as ILE, I know it
    I'm not strongly settled on that typing. It's only the one that I'd gamble at.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not really in agreement with this change. INTj seemed more appropriate; at the very least, analytical abilities seemed to be your strongest suit. But, if you're sure of it, of course you should change.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

I'm more convinced with the TiNe in your case Brilliand.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Duals

I think you should consider gamma NT, brilliand.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I'm not in a position to pass judgment on your type, but you always seemed like a solid LII to me and your behavior seems to correlate with the other LIIs on the forum (along with several I know irl) much better than it does with the ILEs.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    I think you should consider gamma NT, brilliand.
    Why?

I've considered ILI, but I think I like too much for that. As for ENTj, I can't see myself as an EJ anything - either ignoring or DS.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Uh... if they don't exist in my head, where only I can really see them (at least as they apply to me), where do they exist?
    Well it has been said many times that you cannot see your leading function very well, since it's too ordinary.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is so obvious Brill is an Alpha NT I cant even fathom why people would suggest Gamma NT.

Brilliand is Ne INTj and I'm glad he retyped himself back to it.
    The end is nigh