Thread: LSE-Te complaining about health

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSE-Te complaining about health

I know 2 LSE-Te subtypes, who both complain about their health. It's really obvious, many friends of them have noticed it, and commented about it.

Have any of you seen this too?

For example, one has broken his leg a couple of years ago and still feels pain in it once in a while. Also he complains about having a headache. The other complains about nearly every body part she has. She's had all kinds of deseases or illnesses.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mention my oral surgeries sometimes, but I'm in good health.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one LSE I know had been kayaking (or something) in the ocean, and the kayak/whatever capsized. He eventually managed to get to shore and an ambulence was called. He suffered hypothermia. This was a very traumatic event, and even though it happened years ago, he still feels cold often, or that parts of his body can't warm up. He is afraid of the cold, and worries about his clothes and how to layer them to stay warm at all times. He sometimes pulls over in his car to adjust his clothes (to either add or remove layers). He also gives advice to other people sometimes about staying warm. I don't know because I'm not him, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of this was psychosomatic. It's not really complaining really though, he just says when he's cold. It's strange because he also bikes a lot, races, and unicycles... and he has broken ribs, punctured lungs, been in potentially life threatening situations due to these sports... but he's not afraid of doing these things. It doesn't seem to impart any lasting trauma. I think it's because he feels so confident in them, whereas the situation with hypothermia was out of his control. Anyway, sometimes he talks about his ailments and about how he keeps a "health journal" so he'll have the "hard data" to provide doctors when something comes up... Basically he's just very proactive in managing his health, and he seems to keep track of the health of those he's close to, though he doesn't butt in unless he thinks it's absolutely necessary. I don't know if any of this is type related. I think I would be traumatized if I had gotten hypothermia. I think I'd go to counselling or something about it though... I mean I don't want to be trapped in a torturous fear of the cold that eats up my mental resources. It's the sort of thing where, it was horrible and terrifying and you almost died, but somehow one has to try to let it go.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any ideas as to why these LSE's complain?

Are they looking for approval? Attention? A pat on the back? TLC?

I ask 'cause one of my closest friends (an SLI-Te; similar) does the same thing. Either his back's giving out; his stomach hurts; or he's re-torn an ACL (or two). The complaints are usually legit, not psychosomatic; but he's desperate to make sure everyone knows he's hurting.

In his case, he's not looking for girls, love, or pain meds; but "being injured" or "sick" is huge part of his identity. His wounds are a badge of honor. They make him a martyr. They make him "matter." If he doesn't add up in other people's eyes, it's not his problem. It's "cause I'm hurt."

Anything similar in your situations?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The three most common subjects that people do light chatting about are health, weather and dreams.

ESTj-Te tend to see the negative aspects of things.

1+1=2
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    The three most common subjects that people do light chatting about are health, weather and dreams.

ESTj-Te tend to see the negative aspects of things.

1+1=2
    dreams in the top 3? hmm

but oke, how do you explain that LSE-Te talks/complain a hugh amount more about their health IN COMPARISON to other people. Cause that's what my observation is about.

It's something that stands out.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If I'm in pain I hate complaining. Instead I'll meditate or keep it to myself. Strangely, the more I keep it to myself and work through it the quicker it goes away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of the LSEs I've known well have complained about their health. If anything, it's the opposite. I was best friends with an LSE in high school for 4 years before I found out she suffered from really severe migraines - much like Slacker Mom's issue - only one type of pill would get rid of them.

Usually the people I've known who talk about that stuff a lot really do have health issues that bother them often... although a few have tended towards hypochondria as well.
    IEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    dreams in the top 3? hmm
    Yes, according to people who spend their time doing research on things like that. ... Not my favourite subject but it IS really common to hear someone telling about the dream they had last night. Whatever. Again, not my personal field of interest.

but oke, how do you explain that LSE-Te talks/complain a hugh amount more about their health IN COMPARISON to other people.
    People of EJ temperament also just talk a lot. If you want to rationalize it, you can consider the point that being ESTj is about solving problems and Te-subtypes have low self-esteem of their personal ability, particularly in comparison with the Si subtype. Also, functionality is particularly important and faults in one's personal health can cause loss of functionality and hence be particularly important. Also, linguist-socionists tend to claim that Health = Si so it's supposed to be a kind of particular subject of interest. Also many EJ types fall under the traditional Type A personality label, that is they experience plenty of stress. Stress magnifies the symptoms and te accompanying problems of functionality relating to any disease. Also, one particular example I found interesting was this ESTj-Te female doctor I know. She knew her family had a cancer gene and that she had an increased likelyhood of dying early. So she focused on this with paniclike fervor to fuel her career drive. She had planned her life in quite a lot of detail until the estimated moment of her coming death. In socionics terms this could also be seen as PoLR Ni, difficulty in accepting the passing of time and associated decrease in health. As for the original observation of the OP, I agree with it. The ESTj-Te people I know well, I know their health problems in detail. As for myself, I'm also quite open about mine. As I am of just about everything in my life.

Cause that's what my observation is about.

It's something that stands out.
    So yeah, kudos for the observation.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah oke, thanks for all the explanations smilingeyes.

Creepy-Cyclops

Yeah re the dreams thing, it's something i've noticed people doing is to talk about dreams. I've never really understood it, as I hardly ever dream.

But to be able to join the top 3 list of normality, and to talk about it, I have found that if I dream I am going to fail at something, I usually succeed. I think it is because I am working so hard on something, so it is on my mind and I dream out the worst case scenario, but my working hard typically means I do OK.

I have known people to dream about work colleagues, even forum members! Maybe I am too robotic to have such a mind!