Thread: INTJs inability to push their talents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTJs inability to push their talents

What is your thoughts onthis ?

http://socionics.com/advan/prof/intj.htm

[One of your problems is that your facial expressions and demeanour do not always reflect your real feelings. This often leads others to think of you as a cold and distant person. You also tend to loose contact with people that you have made emotional connections with. Another of your problems is an inability to push your talents and make others aware of it. Your often absent self-confidence amplifies the problem. Sometimes you lack determination and do not adapt very well to rapidly changing life situations. This often makes your already difficult life worse. You often need outside stimulation when beginning new projects. ]

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the way the die roll, baby.

I mean, if it weren't for that, we'd be invincible, you do realize this, right?

In all seriousness, I know exactly what it means. Momentum is hard to come by, but if I can find a good enough cause, it's easier. I think "weaknesses" like that show us that we are still connected to the world, that even we may need other people sometimes, etc etc. Interconnectedness, etc etc. That's one way to look at it, but there are more, of course.

This often makes your already difficult life worse.
    I don't understand the negative taint. That's unneccesary, and polarized.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I mean, if it weren't for that, we'd be invincible, you do realize this, right?
    LOL, 100% correct

I do find it hard to show people my talents and what I am fully cappable of doing. But I also find that this trait aids in being able to judge others talents and capabilitys as well. Which can help when you finally do get a chance to show your capabilitys you can better controll the situation and the response of whoever your showing it to because you have already observed them.
    "Knowlege is not very far" - Flaw's Worlds Divide
    "When you're taught through your feelings" Lacuna Coil's Swamped.
    "To see the world in a grain of Sand" - Blake
    "A little non-sense now and then is cherished by the wisest of men"

INTj, INTJ

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."
    http://keirsey.com/personality/ntij.html

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.
    http://www.typelogic.com/intj.html

MBTI decriptions, but still applicable, in my opinion.
    INTJ/j types can be confident, though I think it is very situational.

Don't forget, people, that THE Mr Darcy ( voted #1 dream date for women in a European Poll a while age) was INTJ, and more INTj than INTp in my opinion ( I watched the BBC movie for recon). He was confident, but had social skills that were absolute crap. He also had good looks, tons of cash and an awesome house/estate, which... is also very attractive for women..... but nevertheless, he was a complex person.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTJs inability to push their talents

Quote Originally Posted by joseph2505
    What is your thoughts onthis ?

http://socionics.com/advan/prof/intj.htm

[One of your problems is that your facial expressions and demeanour do not always reflect your real feelings. This often leads others to think of you as a cold and distant person. You also tend to loose contact with people that you have made emotional connections with. Another of your problems is an inability to push your talents and make others aware of it. Your often absent self-confidence amplifies the problem. Sometimes you lack determination and do not adapt very well to rapidly changing life situations. This often makes your already difficult life worse. You often need outside stimulation when beginning new projects. ]
    it depends on the talent, and who is listening, or caring. you may be very good at the whole socionics thing. you may have figured out something in the genius level about frogs. you may have built your own rocket ship. but who will care?

basically due to the oddities we seem to appear as to others, we tend to shy away from the media. where as other's trump up what they know, we will stay quiet, modest, etc. so unless someone is interested, they will never know anything about you. i know i don't talk about myself freely.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah "INTjs"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DON'T CONFUSE INTj WITH INTJ!! FOR THE MOST PART, INTj IS DESCRIBING MBTI-INTP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Functianalyst
    There are some of us who are both INTj and INTJ

INTj, INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Functianalyst
    I test INTP on MBTI and I'm ILI (INTp). The "swap for introverts" thing doesn't work all that well. In fact, never try to convert an MBTI type to a socionics type, it's not worth the effort. If you want to do MB stuff, take an MBTI test and use that type for it.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTj and INTJ

Hi all, I'm new to this form and new to all these different systems of personality theory. Why does INTj describe a INTP (MB)? It's a little confusing to me.
    - INTJ -

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
    It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most.
    We ask oursleves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?"
    Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[DON'T CONFUSE INTj WITH INTJ]

what is the difference between INTj & INTJ ?
    INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTj and INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Orca
    Hi all, I'm new to this form and new to all these different systems of personality theory. Why does INTj describe a INTP (MB)? It's a little confusing to me.
    some people think it doesn't. the common argument is that a socionics intj and an mb intp have the same functional preferences in regards to their two strongest traits namely introverted thinking and extraverted intuition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[DON'T CONFUSE INTj WITH INTJ]

what is the difference between INTj & INTJ ?
    Not much but there is some. When you convert MBTI with socionics there can be a switching of the p and j, but not always. Some INTJs are INTps, and some of us, like me, are not. I am both INTJ and INTj. If I remember correctly it is due to some kind of overlapping and differing of the deffinitions of p and j between socionics and MBTI.

INTj, INTJ

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTJs inability to push their talents

Firstly, stop the god-damn socionics vs MBTI talk!!!!! Just stop it. They types don't correlate. That's it. No need to change every other topic into this discussion. There are plently of topics about it. If not enough, start a new one. Damn I'm getting bloody tired of this discussion since it has no solution!

One of your problems is that your facial expressions and demeanour do not always reflect your real feelings. This often leads others to think of you as a cold and distant person. You also tend to loose contact with people that you have made emotional connections with. Another of your problems is an inability to push your talents and make others aware of it. Your often absent self-confidence amplifies the problem. Sometimes you lack determination and do not adapt very well to rapidly changing life situations. This often makes your already difficult life worse. You often need outside stimulation when beginning new projects.
    I have no problem with not reflecting my feelings. I rather have a problem with reflecting my feelings all the time. With strangers I have a cold "I'm not even thinking about opening up" -face. With other people, they know when I'm happy, angry, sad, agressive... They sometimes know before I even acknowledge it myself. The reason why I sometimes lose friends is because they don't stimulate me mentally anymore and they can see it in my face and body language. (things just totally cool down.)

I am very ambitious. If I don't get where I think I must get, my world falls apart for a while. I can't afford others not seeong my talents because otherwise they will only see my flaws. (who would hire an absent-minded person when this choice has no benefits). I go to great lengths to make others notice my talents.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely and wholeheartedly agree with that particular excerpt, Joseph.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."