Thread: Test: Type my friend by his intertype relations

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm, interesting! I seemed to get drawn to a typing of ENFp.

Creepy-male

I lean towards SEI.

Believe it or not, ESEs do lecture us on how we present ourselves. ("I keep forgetting we're the same person." re: another SEI, though.)

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My overall guess is NeTi. He seems valuing but has a logical function in his ego. The relations to the TeNi remind me of other TeNi/NeTi interactions, among other clues. I'll see other arguments and rethink it.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE.

By the way, nice job going about this Mimosa.
    Last edited by 717495; 05-31-2009 at 10:30 AM.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two people have said NeFi, and I'm curious as to why, particularly after reading the snippet about the FeSi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    ESE boss Seems very warm from outside, and they both talk a lot when meeting, the ESE touching his arm or shoulders, and both laughing and smiling. However, the ESE seems to get irritated with him for not being "polite enough", saying things like "he should pay more attention to creating a good atmosphere in meetings", while my friend ignores the advices of his boss as being "ridiculous" and "wrong".

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I purposely mistook that as an outlier, as if the boss wasn't an ESE. Because I really think the other relations fit with IEE.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I purposely mistook that as an outlier, as if the boss wasn't an ESE. Because I really think the other relations fit with IEE.
    But that seems like a rather large chunk of information, even if the boss wasn't FeSi. NeFi may not want to control the emotional atmosphere as much as egos do, but from what I gather, they like to keep a peaceful and non-combative aura to social gatherings of any sort. I'm sure there are rude NeFi out there, but I find it unlikely that someone who's NeFi would have to be told to stop seeming impolite at meetings. This isn't the only bit that makes me think NeTi instead of NeFi, but I think a NeTi would fit this a lot better.

TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought ILE was a possibility, but seemed a little off. I thought an ILE or an IEE could react with the ILE + IEE in the ways mentioned, but it seemed to me that the way this individual is described while in the presence of SLEs and the EII would suggest IEE over ILE. I think an IEE could easily perturb an ESIs with their actions, while providing support in the way describe to the LIE mentioned (while recognising that it would not be impossible for an ILE to be able to do this).

Creepy-Cyclops

I'll guess for SLI.

TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that's a good suggestion! I think I probably dismissed it because of something to do with 'energy levels' .

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SiTe was my next guess, but the last few relations threw me off that path. Now I'm curious to see what their type is

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    ILE brother Almost competitive relation - he can compete his brother for attention, at least for a while. [Not socionics. This seems like normal brother thing? Depends on influence from parents as well.]

They get along very well. [Socionics. Favours duality.]

[Later thought: is it rivalry or just play? I know I can play fight with my ILE friend at school.]

ESE boss Seems very warm from outside, and they both talk a lot when meeting, the ESE touching his arm or shoulders, and both laughing and smiling. [Normal ESE behaviour? I know they treat me like this. Does your guy touch back?]

However, the ESE seems to get irritated with him for not being "polite enough", saying things like "he should pay more attention to creating a good atmosphere in meetings", while my friend ignores the advices of his boss as being "ridiculous" and "wrong". [Half and half. Could be pride. I know when my ESE friend gives me those lectures, I really just want to roll my eyes and tell him 'lolno'. Also, SEIs are fully capable of tuning and just smiling pleasantly at people while secretly drifting away to their home planet ]

w/me He can suddenly become very sharp and direct, but will apologize almost instantly. I like him a lot. I am not sure he knows, as he seems very hard on himself, thinking he's done things wrong all the time.

I'd call him moody. This might not be type related, though. [*sniffs* I smell an IP.]

He's very intelligent. [Not socionics]

SLE friends Seem to have a lot of fun with my SLE friends, but I've seen him being "corrected" by SLEs for being "lazy" or "bitchy" at times. [I'm actually leaning towards SLI now after this. This sounds like a Beta/Delta misalignment, possibly?]

And then he has no problems going into direct verbal battles with SLEs and tell them they are "inconsiderate" or "one-dimentional", not seing the full picture. Others tiptoe around him and the SLEs when they have such arguments, as they can seem very heated. [SLIs can be very combative. *thinks back to trying to introduce his SLI friend to Socioncs*. Oh, and I have the threads to prove it in case you doubt me ]

w/LIE Has a LIE childhood friend. [This will influence the Socionics, obviously.]

The LIE seems to find his friend a bit inconsistant/incontrollable, and often laughs at his ways. [This sounds like EJ-IP clashing.]

I don't think they would have been friends had they not known eachother from birth almost, - their values are very different. [I'm tempted to toy with Merry/Serious on this... another point to SEI > SLI.]

The LIE seems to trust his friend with emotional problems. I've often seen the LIE talk and talk and talk about personal (relational) trouble, and my friend listens and gives advices. [Supervisor's HA feeding Supervisee's DS? Also note, Alpha SFs are pretty good relationship counselors! From experience, though, I find the way my dad deals with Fi really, really confusing. But then again, we're not childhood friends ]

Actually my friend has this "listen and give advice" role with many people. [Sounds normal for Alpha SF. This was one of the reasons I thought I was IEE for a while.]

w/ESI The wife of the LIE. She is very silent around him, just observing. I think he doesn't like her much. He seems nervous around her. [This one is interesting, though. I'm not sure how to analyze this at all. Could you give more information?]

w/IEE colleague They seem to joke a lot and I'd say my friend tries very hard to connect with the IEE, while the IEE seem to want to have a more "fun yet formal" relationship. [The "Wanting to connect" throws SEI off a bit, maybe. I know it makes me slightly sad that people as awesome as IEEs aren't on-demand though ]

It looks a bit weird from outside, as if they bounce off eachother after an initial phase of jokes. [I can relate to this. Typically with IEEs, I find we really can't talk outside of Ne/Si stuff at all.]

EII colleague My friend defended the EII, stating that the EII just wanted to make things more comfortable for everybody else. I've seen him defend the same EII in front of SLE friends more times. [Typical Si firefighting. If he's interested in psychology, or knows the EII well, this explains why he'd understand her point of view across Alpha/Delta. Without that, SLI.]
    Conclusion: SEI, SLI, ESE. I really can't make any of those three come out on top without closer analysis... which I don't feel like doing

If I had to pick? SLI > SEI ~ ESE.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing about this is I wasn't basing it on the individuals personality type rather the relations the person had with other types. If I look at a static personality type, then it does look different.

I actually knew it was SLI type descriptions, but the relations match more with the relation definitions and I guess simple personality is something I overlooked.

Also "He's very intelligent [not socionics]"

He's very intelligent "with" . . . ? Intelligence should be broken into groups. So I agree with you, but I think a reference to what intelligence you meant would probably seem more relevant in that description.

Creepy-male

I assume it's just the colloquial usage of "intelligent".

The guys gots the brainses.

I'm [apparently] smart, and I'm a SEI. Gilly is smart, and he's EIE. Smart != NeTi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI, IEE, SEI. Actually, he seems like my type..