Thread: Si with Te creative

Yay fluid mechanics Serious Name's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si with Te creative...

What does that even mean? I can't really make sense of it. "I like comfort and details, so let me think about how to best achieve a desired level of comfort using the details I have gained" is all I can think of. This, however, is not something I do. Maybe I don't realize it, but I barely care about comfort. I can ignore bad feelings/ugly shit easily, but I readily notice if something is comfortable or looks good.

Maybe I just need a better understanding of Si and Te. /uselesspost
    Meh.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often find SLI is one of the hardest types to find genuine examples of.

I've met maybe one SLI in my life. He was in the OTC. A lot of people used to find him quite boring, because he was doing finance or something. He basically explained the stock market to me once. He's the kind of guy who will read the Financial Times.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Name View Post
    What does that even mean? I can't really make sense of it. "I like comfort and details, so let me think about how to best achieve a desired level of comfort using the details I have gained" is all I can think of. This, however, is not something I do. Maybe I don't realize it, but I barely care about comfort. I can ignore bad feelings/ugly shit easily, but I readily notice if something is comfortable or looks good.

First, Si isn't "comfort", though physical comfort involves Si information.

Si involves the changing relationships between sensory-based perceptions.
    Examples of this can include awareness of the differences between (or changes occurring in)
    * colors (ie painting or mixing paints)
    * pitch/tone (ie music)
    * texture
    * movement in space (ie the direction and relative distance between two objects as one or both of them are in motion)
    * taste/smell
    etc

Te involves objects in motion, these objects are explicit and viewed as separate from the perceiver.

Examples of Si w/ Te:
    * changing a musical note by using one's sensory awareness of the chances in pitch/tone frequency
    * changing a color by using one's sensory awareness of the changes that are occurring as you apply another color tint to the original color
    * moving a wheel until one can see that it's aligned with the bolts
    * tightening the bolt until it 'feels' to be at a good torque.

In each of the above examples, the objects (note, color, wheel, bolt) are changing or are in motion. It is Si that is directing those specific changes. The goal (or product) is a changed object (note, color, wheel location, bolt tightness). The motivation for changing the object could be for aesthetic purposes or utilitarian purposes (or other?).

In the above examples, however, it's difficult to tell whether Te is the base or the creative function. One way of attempting to distinguish the difference is to try to figure out which of those the person more easily reflects the information of, and what that information is being applied to.

Another is by looking at the temperament and/or energy levels that seems to be involved. (Ej vs Ip)

Another is by looking at how adaptable a person is with either bit of information.

When given the phrase "Si w/ Te creative", the person saying it could be saying any of the following:
    * Si base; Te>Fe
    * Si w/ Fi HA
    * Te applications of Si information
    etc
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I gather from the SiTe I know, they seem to have this "zone." A mental and physical "state" where they are able to produce and maintain a sense of 'centered-ness.' Most of the SiTe I know are constantly working, sometimes as if that is all there is to life, but it's because they have a keen awareness on their own state of being, so they just work until they are aware their resources are wearing thin, and then stop. Of course, they sometimes do differently, where they allow themselves to get distracted by other types (I'm very guilty of this) and just plan to work even more in compensation. They don't like anything half-assed and don't waste their energy, and hate pestering distractions. I was allowed to sit in on work time because I had my own to do, and I offered insight to ways they could go with their work. I've been told recently by an SiTe that sometimes he needs another person around during working or else he'd be in such a rigid state and forget the world outside of his workplace exists.

I kinda just rattled off what I thought, I guess you were looking for something more specific, but I'll respond more if you'd like

ETA: Oh, it looks like someone else beat me to it with a better explanation

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two words.

Feng Shui
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Harmonic flow of tangible cause and effect and seamless immersion with one's evironment as well as the desire of maintaining those states.

- The observance of patterns and trends through objective cause and effect and then formulating subjective opinion/perception of truth based on what has been observed whereas will often begin with pre-established subjective thought which it seeks to confirm with corroborating evidence to support it's own interlalized framework.

This whole idea that + individuals are "rare" or "hard to find" is absolute and utter shit based upon misunderstanding of how these fuctions actually work and manifest in RL. It's also the primary reason why so many legitimate SLIs have a hard time identifying with most of the descriptions available and frequently question their "type" or have others do it for them.

Based on what I remember of your picture, Serious Name, you might be ILE-Ti.
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 04-21-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Yay fluid mechanics Serious Name's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    - Harmonic flow of tangible cause and effect and seamless immersion with one's evironment as well as the desire of maintaining those states.

- The observance of patterns and trends through objective cause and effect and then formulating subjective opinion/perception of truth based on what has been observed whereas will often begin with pre-established subjective thought which it seeks to confirm with corroborating evidence to support it's own interlalized framework.

This whole idea that + individuals are "rare" or "hard to find" is absolute and utter shit based upon misunderstanding of how these fuctions actually work and manifest in RL. It's also the primary reason why so many legitimate SLIs have a hard time identifying with most of the descriptions available and frequently question their "type" or have others do it for them.

Based on what I remember of your picture, Serious Name, you might be ILE-Ti.
    I was thinking that I might be ILE-Ti as well. Could you elaborate further on the differences between Ti and Te? I've been looking into this and with the way you described them I seem to be a funky mix of both.
    Meh.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking that I might be ILE-Ti as well. Could you elaborate further on the differences between Ti and Te? I've been looking into this and with the way you described them I seem to be a funky mix of both.
    You might find this thread interesting:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-question.html
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My personal axe has always been that typical Si+Te descriptions miss the point rather basely. I would argue introverted sensing itself is not the aim, but rather that well-grounded Si acts as the foundation from which Te is allowed to roam.

In other words, consider a car. It may be a car A, a new, powerful, good-handling car. Or it may be car B, a old-beater with no pick-up whatsoever and can't corner. Consider each car as a state of Si. Okay... so now what? Well, I would ask the same question. If it's just about the car sitting there all flashy or mundane, who cares? A or B is irrelevent.

However, if we were to drive either car (Te), then it becomes a different story. With a grounding in good Si - or car A - a lot of fun and excellent driving is to be had. With poor grounding, however - car B - Te is just not going to be up to snuff no matter how hard you try.

Whether that is in any way reflective of the Socionics model, I can't say. But I do find this rhythm in myself very often, and I find it useful thinking in those terms.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype