Thread: what order of types do you use?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default what order of types do you use?

in which order do you specifically remember the sixteen types? ...and if you use subtypes, how do you factor that in? do you even use a specific order?

I use the information relay:

, , , , , , ,
    SEI, ILE, LII, ESE, LSI, EIE, IEI, SLE, ILI, SEE, ESI, LIE, EII, LSE, SLI, IEE
    Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta
    Last edited by glam; 04-20-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: typo

Creepy-male

Order? Information relay?

Feed me delicious Ti, om nom nom.

Creepy-Cyclops

Yes, probably non-Ti valueing at least on my part. I don't remember them in any order, I can't really see the need for it for me personally. I take people and their types in a 'dynamic' case by case basis.

Although I may not fully understand the question at this point.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont understand it actually. The only system I could imagine for me would be Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta but even then if for instance someone would ask me to talk about types I would probably choose either my type, or some other Delta type and go in random from there, as in would go quadra by quadra but in no specific order.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

|
    |
    --------------
    |
    |

Creepy-male

I dunno, I never bothered sorting out the types.

Except when I draw up squares to get the dichotomy operations, lol.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Not to mention Loki's beauty!
    awwww

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't order them, but I definitely group them in my mind.

Basically I map it out in my mind like a two-dimensional matrix.

Alpha SF Alpha NT
    Beta NF Beta ST
    Gamma SF Gamma NT
    Delta NF Delta ST

I do this sort of innie/outie sort of thing though like... hard to explain in a way, but when mapping the specific types in my mind I go:

ESE | LII ILE | SEI
    EIE | LSI SLE | IEI
    SEE | ILI LIE | ESI
    LSE | EII IEE | SLI
    Last edited by tereg; 04-20-2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: corrected a typo and additional ninja edit stuff
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I don't order them, but I definitely group them in my mind.

Basically I map it out in my mind like a two-dimensional matrix.

Alpha SF Alpha NT
    Beta NF Beta ST
    Gamma SF Gamma NT
    Delta NF Beta ST
    This is probably really the same thing I'm doing.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't usually order them - when I'm tracing over a few at a time, it's more like a graph trace (I have this type here, and these types are related in a way that is relevant...). When I need an order, I use this one:
    Wikisocion: Model A

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used the old style of XXXX, Extrovert/Introvert, Intuitive/Sensing, Thinking/Feeling, Judging/Perceiving
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I do this is weird. I sort of have snapshots of the four quadras in my head and they each have an assigned location that sort of looks like this:

Code:
    ALPHA                                            BETA                                              
    ILE Ne/SEI :Si:                                                                                                 
    ESE :Fe:/LII :Ti:                                                                                                                   

GAMMA                   IEI :Ni::Fe:
                             SEE :Se:/ILI :Ni:      :love:Se, Ti:
                             LIE :Te:/ESI :Fi:

SLE :Se::Ti:
                                                    needs me

DELTA                                           EIE :Fe::Ni:
    IEE :Ne:/SLI :Si:
    EII :Fi:/LSE :Te:                               LSI :Ti::Se:
    So, when I think of a type or even more so when I go through different types, I go to the pictures in my head. Also, I associate each type with one of the elements in the quadra, usually the leading function, but not always, depending on whether I'm looking for a particular element (ie. looking for someone who has Ti in ego). My mental picture of Beta is so much bigger than the others and much more complex, with endless number of feelings and vibes that go along with each element and type. Thinking of each quadra evokes a specific feeling/vibe and I see them in different colors also. Alpha, for instance, seems/feels like standing next to an open window on a sunny day. When I picture Gamma there is the background of a skyscraper. Delta feels like winter and then I sort of draw a blank, as if I don't know how to relate to it. It's "the grey corner". The feelings associated with Beta are too complex to describe; a lot of opposites and contradictions (like black and white and then every single shade in between).

Not sure why I felt the need to go into all this. Sort of got carried away. lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember things related to things I find useful, which is the only reason I even know all of the types. This might be odd compared to the Ti approach most would use. In fact, I might not be using Te either.

I have the four quadras mostly sketched out in my mind. But if I were to list all of the types, I'd start remember them like this "my dad is INTj who disliked my ESFp ex" so then I'll go...Okay so they conflict so they must be in different quadras, so...

INTJ...that'd be one quadra, Alpha?

ESFp...that must be what, Gamma?

And then I fill in from there.

INTj's dual is ESFj. ISFp would be here because that's INTj's activity (and my mom's type) and ENTp would be my ex who both my parents thought was the world's best. Done.

ESFp's dual is INTp. And there'd also be ENTj here too, because I introduced an INTp to an ENTj and I remember they got along really well. And then there is ISFj because that's ENTj's dual.

I also remember the intertype relations by working first from my own type...so if an INTj asked me how well she'd get along with an ESFj, I'd first see which letters were different...so only the last letter, j, is the same. And then going back to my own type I'd think "what type has only the last letter, p, the same" which would be ISTp, and I'd be like, duh, that'd be INTj's dual!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I remember things related to things I find useful, which is the only reason I even know all of the types. This might be odd compared to the Ti approach most would use. In fact, I might not be using Te either.

I have the four quadras mostly sketched out in my mind. But if I were to list all of the types, I'd start remember them like this "my dad is INTj who disliked my ESFp ex" so then I'll go...Okay so they conflict so they must be in different quadras, so...

INTj's dual is ESFj. ISFp would be here because that's INTj's activity (and my mom's type) and ENTp would be my ex who both my parents thought was the world's best. Done.

ESFp's dual is INTp. And there'd also be ENTj here too, because I introduced an INTp to an ENTj and I remember they got along really well. And then there is ISFj because that's ENTj's dual.

I also remember the intertype relations by working first from my own type...so if an INTj asked me how well she'd get along with an ESFj, I'd first see which letters were different...so only the last letter, j, is the same. And then going back to my own type I'd think "what type has only the last letter, p, the same" which would be ISTp, and I'd be like, duh, that'd be INTj's dual!
    Wow, this would confuse the hell out of me! lol.

Sometimes I try to do the intertype relation thing that way but I just end up mixing myself up really bad.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post

This is exactly how I do it! First I remember who close to me are the types. Best friend being NeTi, her recent TiNe ex, my SeFi mother, the SiTe guy I have a crush on, etc. Strange, I didn't think I ordered it at all really, but when I read the OP, I just started thinking of all the people I know and what types they were.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just see four rectangles in my head all on the same plane, floating through swirling blue mist.

On each rectangle are the 8 subtypes of that quadra. I'd have to draw where each subtype is to show you.

Alpha Beta

Gamma Delta
    The end is nigh

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    in which order do you specifically remember the sixteen types? ...and if you use subtypes, how do you factor that in? do you even use a specific order?
    Order? wtf. I don't have any order I remember them all at once.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Order? wtf. I don't have any order I remember them all at once.
    Yeah, wth, haha. This thread confuses me so much.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it depends on why I'm thinking of them I guess. Usually it's one of two ways. Either dual pairs or by clubs (for some reason it's a little easier to think of alpha AND gamma SFs, for example, than one or the other).

Most of the time though, yeah, it's dual pairs by quadra.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So no one just thinks of a type and knows its relation to the other types? You all have these complicated diagrams and orders that you have to go through each time?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    So no one just thinks of a type and knows its relation to the other types? You all have these complicated diagrams and orders that you have to go through each time?
    lol, you do? I have to figure out rules so I can remember the relations. Otherwise I've got to pull up wikisocion!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have this image in my head.

With the image there I don't have to remember the explicit connections between functions or types...the picture just pops into my mind and I recall the spatial locations and arrows of each function, type, quadra, type's funcion orderings, supervisory and benefactory rings, etc. It gives me an instant image of how each type relates to the other without having to redo up little charts, nor try to find it again in some online reference page, nor remember a bunch of obscure names/locations to get an overview of the intertype relations, etc.

In essence, it totally made at least half of my socionics studying a heck of a lot easier!!

IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I list them in the order Brilliand and I originally mapped out their diagrams in.
    EIE ESE SEI SLI LSE LIE ILI IEI
    LSI LII ILE IEE EII ESI SEE SLE

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other thing that I do in addition to the two-dimensional map I talked about before, is I can visualize the shared quadra values between two qudras.

So, I'll see the Alpha/Beta border as Fe/Ti, Beta/Gamma border as Ni/Se, Gamma/Delta border as Fi/Te and Delta/Alpha border as Ne/Si

It's just basically another way I group them mentally that acts as a guide to better visualize a type's relationship with the other types.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    In essence, it totally made at least half of my socionics studying a heck of a lot easier!!
    lol

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loki, lol?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-

Huh. I don't remember them in any order or system. I always start from my own type and figure it out from there, figuring out relations in my head as I go. Or I pull up the wiki if I get muddled doing it that way But there's no order for me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Huh. I don't remember them in any order or system. I always start from my own type and figure it out from there, figuring out relations in my head as I go. Or I pull up the wiki if I get muddled doing it that way But there's no order for me.
    same here. they're all sort of "balancing" anyhow, so you just reverse the functions for the mirrors, etc. it works something like that for me.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    This is what I was trying to say. (:
    John Muir