Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elephants are grey with big ears.

No, I've seen a brown elephant with small ears.

Look it's a stereotype that all elephants are brown.

"An elephant never forgets" is just an expression for god's sake!

The most prominent trait of elephants is that they travel in big family groups.

No, it's actually that elephants are mystical. They bury their dead. There are elephant graveyards. And they use psychic sonar.

Omg, that doesn't mean they're "mystical". Are whales mystical because they use sonar?

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whales are angels who fell to the earth and into the sea during the war in heaven.

God decided to forgive them and changed them into whales. But they are still sad which is why they sing such mournful whale songs.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you actually read my post or just the first 5ish words?
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if an elephant is brown it has to have small ears? I cannot believe people think these things about elephants. You only think this because your friend who cleans the elephant cages at the zoo said this. God, why can't people think for themselves.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man Loki, standing out in this hay field sure is hard. I hope no stupid teenager comes along and lights me on fire.

Also elephants are lies. The ones you see in the zoo are robots created by the new left.
    The end is nigh

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot of misconceptions about elephants here, but I am going to set the record straight. Some elephants have wrinkly ears.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Man Loki, standing out in this hay field sure is hard. I hope no stupid teenager comes along and lights me on fire.

Also elephants are lies. The ones you see in the zoo are robots created by the new left.
    I don't understand why you think everything involving elephants is a conspiracy. Just because democrats have an elephant symbol and aren't anarchists doesn't mean they're manipulating elephants in zoos.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I mean that Fi is usually stereotyped to be that shit.

My whole point was that this is NOT, in any way, the case, and Ezra shouldn't think he's not Fi valuing because he isn't a prick.
    Thank you. This is reasonable.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, someone here (don't remember who) made a distinction between Fi in Gamma (paired with Se) and Fi in Delta (paired with Ne). They feel very different to me. One is more like, "this is right and this is wrong", and the other is more like, "this is right in this circumstance, but not in this other circumstance." That's simplistic but that's a simplistic way of looking at the difference anyway. And a common theme when my ESI brother and I get together. "If it's wrong, then it's wrong. You can't say it's wrong in this circumstance but let people off the hook in this other circumstance." "It isn't about letting people off the hook, it's about understanding where they are and taking that into account."

Not to say that Fi and Se people ALWAYS do that, and Fi and Ne people NEVER do, but if you are looking for a pattern, then IMO it'll point in that way. I do know EII people who have a very strong right vs. wrong stance on like one or two issues (say, abortion) and ESI people who don't have that way of looking at some specific issues, but the general trend is there.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-male

Morality Police vs Messiah Hippies in other words.

Sasuke vs Sailor Moon for the anime nerds.

Plas Penrhyn in Penrhyndeudraeth, Merionethshire, Wales
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Pure" and "moral" are conceptually one-sided, and most people with a brain in their heads are nihilistic, sooooo yea.
    lmao. Are you nuts?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My whole point was that this is NOT, in any way, the case, and Ezra shouldn't think he's not Fi valuing because he isn't a prick.
    You are aware that Fi and Fe valuers can be pricks and can also not be pricks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    You are aware that Fi and Fe valuers can be pricks and can also not be pricks.
    No, I didn't. In fact, that wasn't the point I was making to you at all.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I didn't. In fact, that wasn't the point I was making to you at all.
    What were you trying to say then?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Dies from shock due to unrealized sarcasm buildup.*

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra + sarcasm = Pez Fail
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Pure" and "moral" are conceptually one-sided, and most people with a brain in their heads are nihilistic, sooooo yea. Basically you have to be a moralistic prude to think of anyone in those terms. Which doesn't mean you're Fi valuing, just that the general negative stereotype that I know Ezra has (because he wants to be logical and is, I think, nihilistic) is to say that Fi valuers are moralistic prudes.
    No you are explaining a requirement for . Remember that it's a field function + you're just being ridiculous with that generalization.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    No you are explaining a requirement for . Remember that it's a field function.
    lol Wow; what I explained was a bias toward Fi. Sure, these things can be true, but what I'm saying is that this isn't always the case. It is NOT a requirement, either.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Wow; what I explained was a bias toward Fi. Sure, these things can be true, but what I'm saying is that this isn't always the case. It is NOT a requirement, either.
    Logically no. But I'm trying to explain that your idea of non-Fi actually rings true with most Fi valuers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logically no. But I'm trying to explain that your idea of non-Fi actually rings true with most Fi valuers.
    OMG.. I. am. stating. that. a. stereotype. isn't. always. reality.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG.. I. am. stating. that. a. stereotype. isn't. always. reality.
    I'm not doubting that in any regard.

You're responding to me taking your idea not so lightly because to you it was something to show to everyone else and reflect on, where as I'm trying to discuss something new. I wasn't trying to derail your idea.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Dies from shock due to unrealized sarcasm buildup.*

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Ezra + sarcasm = Pez Fail
    Sarcasm + internetz = really really shit

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Sarcasm + internetz = really really shit
    Well, I agree with that, too.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not doubting that in any regard.

You're responding to me taking your idea not so lightly because to you it was something to show to everyone else and reflect on, where as I'm trying to discuss something new. I wasn't trying to derail your idea.
    So what was your point?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234