TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Type this quote

"Genius lies in the unabashed pursuit of detail."
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    ehw!
    LSI
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introvert.

Probably valuing or valuing.

For some reason I don't think this is quite IEI, though I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's just without ? The concept appeals to me, but I'm sure that it's incorrect.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with this philosophy and I think it is SE oriented detail.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WP, what happened to your unconditional love and willingness to devote all avatar-related space to Zach Braff? I miss seeing his face by your posts.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's the idiot in question?
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    ehw!
    LSI
    Me likes it.

And it's a concept I deeply relate to.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    WP, what happened to your unconditional love and willingness to devote all avatar-related space to Zach Braff? I miss seeing his face by your posts.
    LOLz

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Who's the idiot in question?
    What idiot wants to know?
    Last edited by Park; 04-16-2009 at 11:18 PM.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realized that MikeMex and Cyclops are very similar in many ways....
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    I just realized that MikeMex and Cyclops are very similar in many ways....
    As in... not being Delta e.g.?

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As in... not being Delta e.g.?
    John Muir

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a few other quotes by the same individual:

While I'm a firm believer in letting the music speak for itself I'm also extremely curious about the 'how and when' of things. Whenever I hear something that moves me questions sometimes come to mind. Maybe I wonder about the conception of the music, the initial inspiration or the title of a piece....etc.
    I tend to shy away from saying things like "my music" because I believe that everything that comes forth from us already exists somewhere out there in the universe, and the gift bestowed upon us as musicians is that of 'unveilers' of these musical truths (if you will). Far be it from me to believe that the more beautiful things that pass through me are my sole responsibility. Having said that, when I miss the mark it's probably all me!!
    Back in '98 I went through a long period of gut-wrenching emotional turmoil.....there was just a whole lot of loss and chaos in my life ; and at the same time, I was experiencing a lot of highs and had my share of 'fun'. I guess one could say it was like 'A Tale of Two Cities'..... "...the best of times , and it was the worst of times." One day, my friend S**** (knowing how dark I was) called me to come over to his place and lay some keys on some tracks he was working on. I immediately jumped at the chance!!!!! It would be great to get out of the house, plus it would give my mind a chance to escape and focus on something other than my problems.
    One of the things I love to do is to have a simple melody that is later repeated while varying the harmony against it....It really changes the meaning of it so much!! I find that really fascinating.....it's almost like placing an object in many different lighting schemes, or someone saying the same thing but meaning something different each time through tone of voice or facial expressions......It's also reminiscent of the way in which we see different sides of a person as we get to know them better.....

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have an opinion?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there used to be an NeTi on this forum that went by the nick "detail"
    So my vote is SiFe.
    :wink:
    :tongue:
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my guess is now IxI.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Well, there used to be an NeTi on this forum that went by the nick "detail"
    So my vote is SiFe.
    :wink:
    :tongue:
    LOL. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... priceless

You have this strange habit of showing up out of nowhere and cracking me the hell up.

And I actually remember Detail, lol
    Last edited by Park; 04-21-2009 at 03:19 AM.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a few other quotes by the same individual:
    Bummer, i can't figure out how to quote within a quote....
    Time to cut and paste...

While I'm a firm believer in letting the music speak for itself I'm also extremely curious about the 'how and when' of things. Whenever I hear something that moves me questions sometimes come to mind. Maybe I wonder about the conception of the music, the initial inspiration or the title of a piece....etc.
    'how and when' makes me think of Te HA, though it could be other things as well, but that was my initial gut reaction. The last part there also made me think Fi creative, though again, it could be other things.

Back in '98 I went through a long period of gut-wrenching emotional turmoil.....there was just a whole lot of loss and chaos in my life ; and at the same time, I was experiencing a lot of highs and had my share of 'fun'. I guess one could say it was like 'A Tale of Two Cities'..... "...the best of times , and it was the worst of times." One day, my friend S**** (knowing how dark I was) called me to come over to his place and lay some keys on some tracks he was working on. I immediately jumped at the chance!!!!! It would be great to get out of the house, plus it would give my mind a chance to escape and focus on something other than my problems.
    My gut reaction to this was ExFp and Ne, though, could also be other things as well.
    This person is speaking openly about their emotions with obvious images in their heads about what they are referring to, which makes me think it's Fi happening during the describing process. The best of times and worst of times comments makes me think Ne. and the jumping at the chance to escape and focus on something else...the way it's worded had me feeling EFp.

One of the things I love to do is to have a simple melody that is later repeated while varying the harmony against it....It really changes the meaning of it so much!! I find that really fascinating.....it's almost like placing an object in many different lighting schemes, or someone saying the same thing but meaning something different each time through tone of voice or facial expressions......It's also reminiscent of the way in which we see different sides of a person as we get to know them better.....
    My immediate reaction was Ne/Si...though I then thought that maybe Ni might do something like that as well. Then there's the Fe mentioned would could also support the Fi creative (Fe as 8th), but then it could also suggest other types. But the last sentence of that makes me think Fi some more.

So....
    I'll hesitantly say that it makes me think of Fi creative, Ne, Te HA, about Si seeking.
    However, I think it could also be other types as well who might say something like that. But in terms of the actual wordings, I'll go with ENFp.

However!!!
    ENFp doesn't seem to fit in with the pursuit of details thing.
    UNLESS the details this person is referring to is the Fi/Te details.
    I'm a nosey person. When it comes to things like motivations and what inspired someone, and hows, then I ask a lot of questions to get all those juicy details I crave. So in that sense, I can see how the original quote might suggest an ENFp. But in any other sense, I have a difficult time imagining ENFp.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have this strange habit of showing up out of nowhere and cracking me the hell up.
    You seem to have this strange habit of leaving openings laying around every time I pop in to see what's going on.

It's like I can't NOT say something silly!!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those analysis are very interesting. Thanks, ann.

My thoughts were along the lines of that the person is probably an introvert. The way he talks about himself and his thoughts seems very modest yet very personal, deep and profound. (Not saying extroverts are necessarily shallow. )

The "how and when of things" he mentions is very interesting, but I can't figure out what it could mean in Socionics terms. I initially thought it had something to do with Ni, but I'm not sure. It could very well be Te HA. And I don't quite get his point. Does this declared curiosity about the how and when of things imply that he's naturally unaware of (/incapable of perceiving) those things, or is he just a "nosey" person (as you say) and wants to know?

This person is speaking openly about their emotions with obvious images in their heads about what they are referring to, which makes me think it's Fi happening during the describing process. The best of times and worst of times comments makes me think Ne.
    I think the way he talks about it is interesting because it makes you genuinely empathize. I admire the unabashed sincerity.

My immediate reaction was Ne/Si...
    Yea, I thought Ne (strong/valued) for that part as well. It sounds like something an Ne ego would very likely say, imo.

However!!!
    ENFp doesn't seem to fit in with the pursuit of details thing.
    UNLESS the details this person is referring to is the Fi/Te details.
    I'm a nosey person. When it comes to things like motivations and what inspired someone, and hows, then I ask a lot of questions to get all those juicy details I crave. So in that sense, I can see how the original quote might suggest an ENFp. But in any other sense, I have a difficult time imagining ENFp.
    Well, the way I interpret and personally relate to that quote is through Si I guess. I pay a lot of attention to detail in what I do, sometimes even for the sake of neglecting the big picture or the purpose of what I'm doing. I always refine and modify small and tiny pieces of the puzzle I'm assembling in accordance to my own sense and critical eye. I know that small details make up the big picture and I'm never ashamed to purse them. I know I can never truly reach perfection, but at least I'm confident in my strivings.
    Last edited by Park; 04-21-2009 at 05:43 AM.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those analysis are very interesting. Thanks, ann.

My thoughts were along the lines of that the person is probably an introvert. The way he talks about himself and his thoughts seems very modest yet very personal, deep and profound. (Not saying extroverts are necessarily shallow. )

The "how and when of things" he mentions is very interesting, but I can't figure out what it could mean in Socionics terms. I initially thought it had something to do with Ni, but I'm not sure. It could very well be Te HA. And I don't quite get his point. Does this declared curiosity about the how and when of things imply that he's naturally unaware of (/incapable of perceiving) those things, or is he just a "nosey" person (as you say) and wants to know?
    I think it's a little difficult to tell based on the quotes given.
    However, this person is obviously really into music. Creating music, not just listening to it. As such, it would benefit him to figure out how the musician created whatever it is he created, and what the inspirations could have been behind it, etc. If he has this information, or could figure out what could possibly have been going on in the musician's mind or such, then that would give him ideas in terms of creating his own music.

The 'how and when' referred to music.
    Specifically, it seems, music that moves him.

My understanding of this particular quote is that normally he accepts the music he hears as is, without trying to understand it nor pick it apart, nor look for symbolism or trying to figure out what moods its creating, etc. (He very well could be doing these things but just doesn't mention it.)

But when a piece moves him...(could be referring to Fi or Fe..or even other functions), then he becomes interested in it, questions pop into his mind, and then he starts looking into the hows and whens and inspirations etc.

My initial reaction is to interpret that as F creative being triggered into a T HA. But I recognize that I have biases and as such might be projecting my own experiences and motivations into the quote. If I attempt to separate my experiences and such from my reading of the quote, then I can see that there could be other things going on that I'm not particularly familiar with.

Just as some people saw the word "detail" in the first quote and jumped to the assumptions that it referred to Ti or Se. (I had done that initially too, before you added the other quotes.)

However, I think that the initial quote can apply to ANY type, as each type focuses on certain types of details. Whether it's the details of a theory, of a relationship, of a political campaign, of a person's life, of a vehicle, etc. Each type has their own details that they deal with. So the initial quote given can apply to any type.

With the added quotes, we get a better sense of the person, at least in terms of him and music. His writing seems to allow for multiple approaches (types) to get something out of it. So I can easily see different types identifying with this guy's writings.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the way I interpret and personally relate to that quote is through Si I guess. I pay a lot of attention to detail in what I do, sometimes even for the sake of neglecting the big picture or the purpose of what I'm doing. I always refine and modify small and tiny pieces of the puzzle I'm assembling in accordance to my own sense and critical eye. I know that small details make up the big picture and I'm never ashamed to purse them. I know I can never truly reach perfection, but at least I'm confident in my strivings.
    I think that if we look at the quote as being applicable to any type, and recognize that each type deals with their own types of details, then the quote is an awesome quote, imo.

An example,
    A person who unabashedly pursues Si details will be viewed as being a genius in Si things, particularly if those Si details come natural for the person, and difficult for the one viewing him as a genius.
    The same thing can be said of Fi details, Te details, Ti details, etc etc.

If we didn't have people pursuing those Si and/or Te details, where would us poor NeFi be?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, this person is obviously really into music. Creating music, not just listening to it. As such, it would benefit him to figure out how the musician created whatever it is he created, and what the inspirations could have been behind it, etc. If he has this information, or could figure out what could possibly have been going on in the musician's mind or such, then that would give him ideas in terms of creating his own music.
    Makes sense.

However, I think that the initial quote can apply to ANY type, as each type focuses on certain types of details. Whether it's the details of a theory, of a relationship, of a political campaign, of a person's life, of a vehicle, etc. Each type has their own details that they deal with. So the initial quote given can apply to any type.
    I can't NOT agree with this.

If we didn't have people pursuing those Si and/or Te details, where would us poor NeFi be?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a few pics of the person in question.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course it's the last picture that's going to draw my attention.

The first one is a posed picture.
    The second one had me smiling. These seem to be guys that he actually likes and they seem kinda fun to hang around.
    The third, I love the concentration on his face as he does his thing. Can see his mind working away... I love that stuff.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is wrong, and backwards actually....

The unabashed pursuit of detail lies in a genius.

Plenty of people seek detail, and that does not make them genius. But in the quoted circumstance, any genius will seek detail.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    IEI?
    I think tis quite possible.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"(...) Goodness is not rewarded here but it is somehow healing because the worst kind of misfortune is also comforting for those alive. That's what stories do, they heal us. Fiction comforts us when we are distressed. While novels comfort an individual, Epics comfort a community, a Nation and even Civilization."

That beautiful quote Is from a Youtuber called Fiction Beast :