Thread: Covert hypnosis

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Covert hypnosis

I don't agree with this video, quite, but it raises a topic I've had in the back of my mind for a while. I think this "covert hypnosis" is a study of the effectiveness of behavior for leading a crowd. Put through the lens of a theory of mind control, Obama seems like a devious manipulator.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh I feel Obama is Fi IJ.

Idk whether gamma or delta though. Ash says Fi ISFj, but Im not totally convinced.

I dont think we should just label every charismatic black democrat as beta NF.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

Ashton sucks at socionics tbh.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know what the echo chamber affect is Gul?
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

Nope.

But I would like to assert that Ashton is a seriously damaged EIE, and not an LIE like he claims to be.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The above is an example of this affect.

When enough people say repeatedly that something is some way, others previously unconvinced will feel brow beaten into agreement or will feel internally pressured to concurrence both from a lack of standing opposition and from a deep psychological need to be accepted.

Unfortunately this community has absolutely no qualms about using this, but the mechanics of it are quite interesting to observe.

Its like watching scientists observe the movements and lives of rats in cages and yet I'm a giant, observing the scientists who are actually in a cage themselves.

Fun stuff, you should try it.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

Or you should get down off your high horse.

You basically seem to be exhibiting the inverse. If enough people say something--no matter how reasonable and obvious it is, you will inherently stand against that.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, really?

I think I come across poorly on the net. I do think about opposing viewpoints, even choosing them for a time to see how they feel.

But yeah, Im a contrarian. Its a necessary social role. There are others here who do the same.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Tbh I feel Obama is Fi IJ.

Idk whether gamma or delta though. Ash says Fi ISFj, but Im not totally convinced.

I dont think we should just label every charismatic black democrat as beta NF.
    The last time I called Obama EIE, someone told me (paraphrased) "His campaign is EIE, but he isn't." So I'm talking about his campaign.

To me, this "covert hypnosis" stuff makes a case for him as EIE in and of itself. Either that or he's studied NLP and is deliberately brainwashing the public...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

There's a difference between expressing an opposing viewpoint in order to broaden horizons and gainsaying for gainsaying's sake, Yake.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    There's a difference between expressing an opposing viewpoint in order to broaden horizons and gainsaying for gainsaying's sake, Yake.
    I think this is a bit off-topic... let's stick to Obama's type and, more importantly, whether covert hypnosis is the natural behavior of a particular type.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he used NLP, then he's smart.

Who sais it's illegal to use NLP?

BTW the video has a similar tone as all the popular paranoid conspiracy video's.

Creepy-male

On topic: I'd say I can almost hypnotise myself. Being Constructivist means I can become absorbed in a certain state that may be brought on by things just beyond my conscious mind...

And, also, conscious self-hypnosis. I'm quite susceptible to it.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For starters, does obama write his own speeches or does someone else?
    Is he coached and prepped before and during a speech like most presidents have been (and most public speakers for that matter).
    There's this thing called "marketing", the government, spy groups, sales people, marketing groups, therapists, self help, motivational speakers, hypnotherapists, and nlp practioners all use the same techniques, just usually called by different names.

I wouldn't bitch about obama's group using the same techniques that have been used for ages.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Voice of Generation Obama:

Publieke Omroep: Generieke Mediaplayer
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, it would be a brilliant tactic, if the maker of the video wanted to hypnotize his viewers, to set it up as if the person he discusses in his film is the hypnotist, thus diverting the attention of the viewer's rational mind - "distracting the rational mind" as he calls it in the video.

The great tactic of "look at what this other person is doing, beware of them". So while you're busy worrying about the other person, it leaves the door open for the accuser to do his own hypnotizing on you.