TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I am a NEGATIVIST.

Therefore I can't be SLI.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    No. A negativist would have said, "I am not a positivist."

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    LOL - true. fuck

But believe me or not, I actually thought about that before making the thread, and decided that "I am a NEGATIVIST" sound better, looks better and is more concise than any other variation I could think of.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, you look great in that avatar, song. Very alluring.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    is that you, dee? ):
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Zach Braff's face looks extra square in this one.

I've found that I contradict quite a few of the dichotomies. It's actually kind of reassuring to remember that Socionics isn't an absolute truth or something. (;
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find the Negativist/Positivist a little hard to wrap my head around sometimes. I have noticed that i personally expect and prepare for the worst. I always expect to do bad on assignments but typically i always do fine. Its my way of motivating myself. Im also constantly thinking about what might go wrong at work and trying to figure out ways in advance that i would fix those type of problems. For example right now im thinking holy fuck ive still got 30% of my assignment to go. Lol ive done 70% of it already! Or if you asked most of my friends who was more positive me or my EII friend i would say 99% of them would say me. When you look at us looking for jobs though he just applies to millions of them, where i am constantly thinking "hmm i can see that im not going to be good at this side of this, i can forsee that i would be quite uncomfortable doing this etc".

Still though, when it comes to human potential and what the future can hold i am very very positive. Ive seen SLI's and LSI's get mighty depressed about their situations and what the future might hold, but im never like that.

I personally think that negativists are less likely to take opportunites but more likely to handle negative outcomes better.

Positivists are more likely to take up the opporunities but when shit goes wrong it can hit them hard.

I think the dichotomy's are a bit bullshit though and i doubt you could generalise that easily.
    Last edited by meatburger; 04-13-2009 at 02:31 AM.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-male

Actually, mb, what you described fits in with holographic thinking. Or, in Reinin-speak, negative/result.

SLIs are vortex: positive/result. I think the pessimism is due to being wrapped up in the little turbulences that that thinking style is all about, and not being able to see past them due to Carefree. ESEs are similar, but, being Farsighted, I think we're more circumspect, and thus our trademark optimism (actually, you have no idea how anxious and gloomy we can get sometimes... )

(Oh, and being Rational probably helps too.)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    is that you, dee? ):
    Wait. What? Who?

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Still though, when it comes to human potential and what the future can hold i am very very positive. Ive seen SLI's and LSI's get mighty depressed about their situations and what the future might hold, but im never like that.

I personally think that negativists are less likely to take opportunites but more likely to handle negative outcomes better.

Positivists are more likely to take up the opporunities but when shit goes wrong it can hit them hard.
    I relate to this, and I think it makes sense.

I'm still a hard skeptic and generally a pessimist, though.

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    I think the dichotomy's are a bit bullshit though and i doubt you could generalise that easily.
    I don't know. I was thinking, a strong subtype might neutralize some of those preferences?

Creepy-male

Well, Model T subs can alter the switch levels for the Model T dichotomies.

Unrelated, though.

As for the other dichotomies, I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not in any way surprising for an ISTp to identify with some of the characteristics of a negativist. Introversion and Te/Fi valuing preference both have aspects of negativism to them.