Thread: Type and personality

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type and personality

Type and personality are not the same according to Socioincs. In theory, 16 people of the same type (example ESFj) can all have different personalities.

Type has nothing to do with the way one behaves.

Introverts can appear extraverted and vice versa. Feeling types can appear logical. Sensing types can appear intuitve. And so on.

Types is only to do with how you metabolise information.

So does that not mean it is impossible to judge the type of a person?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type has nothing to do with the way one behaves.
    I think type has something to do with the way one behaves or this whole forum and socionics would be useless. Two people can have and use it very differently.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    I think type has something to do with the way one behaves or this whole forum and socionics would be useless. Two people can have and use it very differently.
    Below is a quote from Socionics.com:

Is it possible that two people of the same type behave in different ways?

It is rather impossible that two people of the same type behave in the same way. One's behaviour consists of many different factors including the type. Some factors may include one's gender, family background, nationality, race, profession, sexual orientation, physical characteristics, surrounding, overall well being, time of the year, time of the day, day of the week, mood and so on. Here some non-type related descriptions of five real ESFj people to compare how different people of the same type could be:

ESFj 1. Reliable, insecure and possessive, sends out conflicting messages of sensuality behind a fixed moral and ethical exterior, jealous, stubborn and highly sexed.

ESFj 2. Intuitive and loving, little foolish, torn between doing own things and having responsibilities.

ESFj 3. Energetic and passionate, can't switch off, always on the go, has lots of relationships, very fixed in vision.

ESFj 4. Serious and very ambitious, great at communication, not in touch with own emotions, has low self-esteem, needs security.

ESFj 5. Moody and intense, private person, magnetic and charming, awash with sensitivities, emotions and passion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type and personality

As I stated:

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Types is only to do with how you metabolise information.
    Type is not to do with behaviour. Type is independant from personality.

Creepy-kaido21

I think, it's so. Type doesn't mean, that you are slobby, smart,conventional, reliable or anithing elsse like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all things must pass

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    ... you can have a type and manifest different types of behavior ...
    If a type can manifest different types of behavior, then it is impossible to judge a persons type from their behavior.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all things must pass

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Each type literally sees the world differently. Lets say type was just a color lense over your eyes. I have red, you have blue. If I have red, I would not know if something was red or white, my reality would conflict with yours. Because you would be able to tell the difference between red and white. It would also be vice versa. Because of this, my clothing would look different. I would yell at others for leaving blue pen marks on the table, they they cannot actually see. They woudl in return yell at me for leaving red pen marks on the table and not washing them. Eventually we will have to accept out blind spot and agree with the other person's perception. This may be painful because we will have to admit to ourselves how wrong we were or how much we lack, but thats the way it goes. Those that have nothing going for them will cling to their ability to see a specific color, and will deny anything that they cannot see (this would be an egoistic person). If someone is criticized, they will criticize others as well for the sake of ballance. Thats how type works.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing... cant visualize themselves from an external spatial point of reference, which is why they seem self centered, meanwhile people can see themselves from outside of their own body, and they see their body as their tool, something separate from who they are. This is how values form! There is no other reason. Type doesnt equal values, values are a result of how you are capable of seeign things. This is why people who have had many life struggles, and forced to push themselves to use other perceptions, are more understanding of others. meanwhile those who had is easy in life are more childish and less understanding of others. We change throughout our life not because we learn new things, but because we expand our perceptual range and see new things, we then learn from what we see, not what we are told. This is why kids don't listen to their parents. They have to find out the hard way, and then they learn. Some listen but they don't fully understand, they just relly on facts to get around. But you can tell when they really begin to understand. They show a different longer lasting "ooooooooooh" response. Some more evidence of this is when you are describing something to someone who doesn't fully understand, they try to memorize what you tell them, because they can't execute your simulation, because they lack the function you are asking them to use. Eventually they wil develope it (hopefully) and if they rerun the stuff you told them, they will actually be able to process it from beginning to end, and will truely understand your reasoning.