Thread: Recognizing SLEs/ESTps

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Recognizing SLEs/ESTps

Funny how all the posts these days seem to be about SLEs. haha

So I've noticed, since I've gotten to know this SLE male friend of mine, that suddenly it's been easier spotting other SLEs. I've realized that two women I know only marginally are SLEs. The one woman I haven't been very friendly with over the years. We don't see each other very often but she always makes a point of talking to me. I had written her off long ago as being too business-minded, thinking she was too busy or too serious or something and that we had nothing in common. But she's one of the only women who compliment me openly/bluntly and seems amused by me and interested in her business-like way. I like her in-your-face manner now that I know her better. I can see why other people might be intimidated by her but she's really awesome. Then there's this other woman who I just met a couple months ago. I played this april fool's joke on facebook, saying I was pregnant and she pm'd me with this really nice "congratulations" note and when I told her it was a joke she said she thought she knew me well enough to call me a bitch! LOL! That was the best reaction I got. And the very first day I met her, we were at a mutual friend's house and she didn't even know me and got me my coffee without even asking! haha (do I give off helpless vibes??)

Seeing other SLEs around me is strangely comforting. I can definitely say that if it weren't for socionics, I would probably veer away from these women simply because I'd feel like we had nothing in common. Before meeting my male SLE friend, I had no idea what duality felt like or what its benefits were (and I know he scouted me out long before I realized he was SLE... I was very skeptical of him for a long time). I know some people grow up with duals in their family but for me this is brand new. I have to say, I'm really enjoying it!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mimosa, you are so good with subtypes. I have the hardest time, even after getting to know someone, figuring out what subtype they are. Even myself, although I'm pretty sure I'm Ni, if anything. I dunno. how do you tell SLE Se from SLE Ti?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Well, tbh, I don't really know if I believe in subtype theories at all. I mean, I'm sooooo Fe if I'm out with people. Bubbly, lively, center of attention. The only problem is I never go out.... So what subtype am I then?
    It seems to alternate with situations and mood.

However, with SLEs I kind of feel the difference. I think it's in the way they move. The Se subtype is sexier, more cat-like, "softer" somehow. The Ti subtype is more introvert, more "intellectual", a bit harder. Some SLEs are neither of these, though, they are just .... in the middle, somehow. I can't really explain what I see, I just have a vibe for it.

Not sure I believe in half of these typings, but it shows the stereotypical differences quite well:
    Se-ESTp
    Ti-ESTp
    Hmm, okay I think I get the general drift. Given this info, I'll bet my SLE sister-in-law is Se subtype and my male friend possibly Ti.

Which subtype do you get along better with? The Fe subtype goes with Se? Is that right? And Ni with Ti? Or is it the flip?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

rb, ni w/ se

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    rb, ni w/ se
    Oh okay, thanks. out of curiosity, Merc, are you Se or Ti?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Oh okay, thanks. out of curiosity, Merc, are you Se or Ti?
    ti

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    ti
    ok.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I get along with both, but I have a small preference for the Ti-subtype, as they are more cerebral, and somehow I respect them more easily. The Se-subtypes seem more "physical".

The boyfriend I wrote about in the thread about my son (car crash) is the SLE-Se in this description. There is a description of my SLE-Ti bf too, there. I think they actually represent their subtypes quite well.
    you have two boyfriends.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

HAD!

...I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have shared me. Hmm... Now, that is an interesting thought....
    How many holes do you have.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

That kind of ruined my fantasy....
    Welcome to my world.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alot of those typings given under your se/ti links are off. Rachael Ray a Se Estp? Quentin Tarantino, Jim Carrey, Edward Norton etc. Someone qualify those people or this link is useless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know you've found one when looking at them they say to you "What the fuck are you looking at?" lol. Maybe I'm getting them confused with ISTP.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.