Discuss.
    Meh.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick, list five reasons you could be ILE. This is a skill testing question.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you feel about

If you don't understand the words that's fine, more the nature of the music. Do you find it appealing? No? why/not?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, GTFO LSE. What do you know about being ILE?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Yay fluid mechanics Serious Name's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That music is really awkward and irritating. She chicks voice is too squeaky and high pitched, which is fine normally but not if shes "singing". The guitar doesn't really go with the music too well, and from the intro I was expecting some sort of serious rock to ensue (which confused me, since video was a picture of some really happy Japanese chick). Also, distortion does NOT make everything better...the guitar probably doesn't go well with anything because it sucks on its own.

Five reasons I could be ILE? Hmm...don't think I can give that to you, I just feel like being ILE today. They look like fun. Had I a better understanding of socionics I could think of some random Ne/Ti things that I actually do and just use those...but alas, all that I could think of was that when I learn something new I think about everything it can be applied to and how I could make it work, ignoring common "procedures" already in place...which could possibly not be ILE at all. Also, I suck at Fi (then again, so do SLIs).

Counter-questioning: What makes YOU an ILE?
    Meh.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Name View Post
    Five reasons I could be ILE? Hmm...don't think I can give that to you, I just feel like being ILE today. They look like fun. Had I a better understanding of socionics I could think of some random Ne/Ti things that I actually do and just use those...but alas, all that I could think of was that when I learn something new I think about everything it can be applied to and how I could make it work, ignoring common "procedures" already in place...which could possibly not be ILE at all. Also, I suck at Fi (then again, so do SLIs).

Counter-questioning: What makes YOU an ILE?
    I am what? A yam.

ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

Yet you're doing a major in a field that is ridiculously purely your Id.

Go figure.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Yet you're doing a major in a field that is ridiculously purely your Id.

Go figure.
    Negative. Learn more about history as an academic field before you make such a facetitious claim. History is not gamma NT. Marxist history is gamma NT. I suppose a lot of modern historical practice is gamma NT. Nietchze had views on history that were beta NF. The Annales school and a lot of post-structuralists take a very alpha NT approach. For whatever reason, classical history seems overwhelmingly delta NF. Idealist history is definitely Fi. Then you get the 20th century war history folks who seem mostly ST of one kind or another.

I was actually going to write a paper about how if a person was to take socionics into consideration, they would realize that there is no "proper" way to study history because history is for everyone. As a by-product history draws all walks of people; people of every type can find something in history, and thus academic historians will always argue over what is the best way to do history. There are better and worse historical practices, but history serves so many functions to different people that you can't establish a universal school of practice. As such we will always have marxist historians, idealists, and modern and post-modern, Annales school, post-structural, classical, etc. You'll have narrative history, you'll have stastical history, you'll have public and academic history. Hell, historical theory explicitly accounts for the differences between a static appraoch to history and a dynamic approach to history, and a Ti approach to history versus an Fi approach to history.

Annnnnnnnd that's my history rant.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

Blah blah blah. History at school is "Swallow Te, vomit Ni."

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Blah blah blah. History at school is "Swallow Te, vomit Ni."
    Maybe history in high school. But that's not history. And it's not history in the academic sense.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

Well, it's permanently coloured my perception of history.

Kill my school's history department for me.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From your blog (Ryu):

I don't understand. Some people seem to get walked over and trounced, and seem to be quite unable to do anything about it. Mostly IF types, it seems.
    We don't *want* to do anything about it. We're not unable to fight back, we're unwilling. We don't really care. You disarm violence 9 times out of 10 by not jumping into the fray, instead you remain calm and cool yourself. Other people, even aggressive murderous rapists don't really bother you, if you yourself 'let yourself get walked over.' (ie You don't want to get raped in the park if you jog alone at night, DON'T JOG ALONE AT NIGHT!!!) The best way to fight trouble and war and disease and bad things is to stay out of it. I'm not advocating naivety or avoiding life, there is plenty of observing to do on the sidelines, but by directly staying out of it when it's unsafe you catch things others don't. To us it's not about getting walked over.

However if you have to remain 'productive and active' for some weird, bizarre reason then I guess, you wouldn't let yourself get walked all over by others, but since we generally don't show up to 'The Fight' to begin with (and our worldview really isn't one of us busybody intense action anyway), those same rules do not apply to us.

You have to really get over your arrogant, condescending 'hero complex' that I read in your signature. It's revolting and nauseating. You are not some society's great hero paladin. You are just a nerdy dork that likes socionics. If you really want to help the world, you do it by looking internally at how your own dark psychological nature, like us 'cowardly IFs.'

Yay fluid mechanics Serious Name's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    From your blog (Ryu):

We don't *want* to do anything about it. We're not unable to fight back, we're unwilling. We don't really care. You disarm violence 9 times out of 10 by not jumping into the fray, instead you remain calm and cool yourself. Other people, even aggressive murderous rapists don't really bother you, if you yourself 'let yourself get walked over.' (ie You don't want to get raped in the park if you jog alone at night, DON'T JOG ALONE AT NIGHT!!!) The best way to fight trouble and war and disease and bad things is to stay out of it. I'm not advocating naivety or avoiding life, there is plenty of observing to do on the sidelines, but by directly staying out of it when it's unsafe you catch things others don't. To us it's not about getting walked over.

However if you have to remain 'productive and active' for some weird, bizarre reason then I guess, you wouldn't let yourself get walked all over by others, but since we generally don't show up to 'The Fight' to begin with (and our worldview really isn't one of us busybody intense action anyway), those same rules do not apply to us.

You have to really get over your arrogant, condescending 'hero complex' that I read in your signature. It's revolting and nauseating. You are not some society's great hero paladin. You are just a nerdy dork that likes socionics. If you really want to help the world, you do it by looking internally at how your own dark psychological nature, like us 'cowardly IFs.'
    WTF? I don't even think Ryu will come back to this thread. Couldn't you have sent a PM or something?
    Meh.