TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default I could be INFj (Don't laugh)

This probably won't last long but...

I think it's possible that I'm INFj instead. (Gasp, you say...) I'm serious though.

In real life, I'm way more umm serious or Delta-ish or something. I mean I really only act kinda silly/stereotypical 'Beta-ish' on the internet. In reality I'm not sure if I would like people just joking all the time. I'm not really sure. But it's possible... if you ask anybody that knows me, they will tell you I'm rather...depressive and uptight/serious not exactly fun-loving Beta or Alpha. I am more serious and 'politically correct' like a Delta.

Anyways this INFj fetish I have probably won't last long. But it's worth considering. Please listen and believe me when I'm not this campy, silly/goofy gay man like how I can come across online. In real life it's hard to get me to smile and I look nervous/worried a lot, like a lot of Fi-egos.

And I really enjoy Slacker Mom's (and mikemex's) posts and a few other deltas....

I feel a lot of what I've been telling about myself has kind of been uhh some sort of internet self-image. It's not even 'real' at all, it feels like. And my movements a lot of times feel tense/jerky like a lot of IJs. On cam it's hard to notice this but when I move, it does look really deliberate, and not as 'natural' like IPs. I'd have to study myself more though...I really need to like video tape myself doing an activity.

I could be wrong, and I know other people won't really get what I'm talking about. But just try to hear me out, it's worth the thought.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way. You are INFp. End of story. Good afternoon.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How come? You never met me in real life. This internet community is just one boxed in place of who I totally am.

But I knew you'd say that. *sigh*

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    How come? You never met me in real life. This internet community is just one boxed in place of who I totally am.

But I knew you'd say that. *sigh*
    How did you know? or ? or ?
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I do enjoy them. I agree with everything I'm saying in my rants. But in reality I wouldn't shout unless I was really pissed off and even then it wouldn't be a rant. I'd never rant irl. It would just be one thing, one quick biting phrase then I'd back off.

Maybe my Ni requires me to be a good 'online ranter' perhaps?

Also a few people here IIRC have said they see 'softness' in me but I really don't view myself as soft like the other IEIs. I'm not trying to brag here, but I see myself as at least the 'toughest' IEI out of everybody on here. I see myself as more insecure/ambivalent and contradictory than 'soft.' I can be a coward, but cowardice isn't softness to me. Being locked up with tough boys, and living near Detroit might have something to do with it though. I'm not sure. I know my eyes definitely look soft/baby-ish, but my general aura is more laid-back than soft.

Compare me to glam, starfall (wait is she IEI or EIE?) and redbaron and I don't really picture myself as submissive or as soft as they appear in their posts, and in real life this is probably true too. (the introversion probably helps create the 'soft' image people have as well, as I am definitely introverted.) However is that just cause of my experiences or my natural psychology I have no idea.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How did you know? or ? or ?
    I'm not sure what you're asking here?....

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh I get it. Well....very good intuition. You're right. So I usually know what people are going to respond in their posts, almost always - with that. So.... I see..... that. Obviously that isn't or or even .

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I get it. Well....very good intuition. You're right. So I usually know what people are going to respond in their posts, almost always - with that. So.... I see..... that. Obviously that isn't or or even .

U R N INFp!!!!!!!!!
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah and it's effortless too. I can practically read minds. It's like... purely psychic.

The only thing I can't ever use my Ni is, (is you guessed it) I can't predict when I'm going to get Te. For some reason my intuition can't read Te. I'm serious argh it's frustrating.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like you, Sam. You're awesome! But, yeah, I can't really imagine LSE as your dual. Like you've said though, that has a lot to do with your internet persona. But, hey, anyway you split it you're ok in my book, man. A little ranty, maybe, but you write that for you and I can completely respect needing to express yourself like that.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well B&D, remember that glam, starfall and I are also all female. That could have something to do with it. I also see Nick as being more hard-edged than the three of us. I like slackermom's posts also but that doesn't make me delta. I think the differences are subtler than most people think. And remember that if you're strong in Fe, you'll be strong in Fi also, just won't value it as highly.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're right it's probably a gender thing.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj's are more serious on the internet too.

btw my ex INFp girlfriend wasn't that goofy in company either.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I think you are INFp. But I don't go debating on it, since I don't go with the type hype.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This probably won't last long but...

I think it's possible that I'm INFj instead. (Gasp, you say...) I'm serious though.

In real life, I'm way more umm serious or Delta-ish or something. I mean I really only act kinda silly/stereotypical 'Beta-ish' on the internet. In reality I'm not sure if I would like people just joking all the time. I'm not really sure. But it's possible... if you ask anybody that knows me, they will tell you I'm rather...depressive and uptight/serious not exactly fun-loving Beta or Alpha. I am more serious and 'politically correct' like a Delta.
    Why not just an Ni INFp who gets more crazy in situations where he can act out, and is generally subdued? Or, who only really gets "enthused" when there a song on he likes or a stand he wants to make, etc, and is otherwise chill?

Anyways this INFj fetish
    The amount of sexual related and 'vulgar' terminology you use doesn't seem so INFj...

I have probably won't last long. But it's worth considering. Please listen and believe me when I'm not this campy, silly/goofy gay man like how I can come across online. In real life it's hard to get me to smile and I look nervous/worried a lot, like a lot of Fi-egos.
    That doesn't particularly mean you are delta or INFj. I can very easily see you as a IEI, 'despite those things'

And I really enjoy Slacker Mom's (and mikemex's) posts and a few other deltas....

I feel a lot of what I've been telling about myself has kind of been uhh some sort of internet self-image. It's not even 'real' at all, it feels like. And my movements a lot of times feel tense/jerky like a lot of IJs. On cam it's hard to notice this but when I move, it does look really deliberate, and not as 'natural' like IPs. I'd have to study myself more though...I really need to like video tape myself doing an activity.

I could be wrong, and I know other people won't really get what I'm talking about. But just try to hear me out, it's worth the thought.
    Ok, that's a lot of little evidences. I'd wait a while to see how you feel about it, though. I mean, it might just be an april fools joke on yourself. You seem like one of the more vibrant beta characters on the forum.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why not just an Ni INFp who gets more crazy in situations where he can act out, and is generally subdued? Or, who only really gets "enthused" when there a song on he likes or a stand he wants to make, etc, and is otherwise chill?
    That describes me perfectly! Seriously. Yeah in reality I'm like that. Otherwise chill, but when I want to 'make a statement' or I hear a really good song I like- I get so motivated and oomph-y. So maybe my uh more 'active' personality on the forums means that socionics somehow naturally excites me, which is a good thing I guess.

I can very easily see you as a IEI, 'despite those things'
    How so? Can you elaborate please?

The amount of sexual related and 'vulgar' terminology you use doesn't seem so INFj...
    I get what you're saying but why aren't INFjs considered vulgar or sexual, certainly they CAN be. How is that socionics related is what I'm asking, basically.

You seem like one of the more vibrant beta characters on the forum.
    Thanks. The reason why I needed input from others is, as always, I have to somehow test my self-image lol. Damn ego. I realized it was a bit 'iffy' from the start though, but it's something that has been on my mind for awhile now.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That describes me perfectly! Seriously. Yeah in reality I'm like that. Otherwise chill, but when I want to 'make a statement' or I hear a really good song I like- I get so motivated and oomph-y. So maybe my uh more 'active' personality on the forums means that socionics somehow naturally excites me, which is a good thing I guess.
    An Ni-INFp I know is very much that way. He, for example, goes from singing loudly in his car to very emotional music, and then when we get out, we're back to his extremely low, monotonous, unemotional voice and vocal patterns. This isn't to say that EIIs cannot do such, but, it's supposed to show how IEIs can be somewhat variable in that way.

How so? Can you elaborate please?
    "In real life it's hard to get me to smile and I look nervous/worried a lot, like a lot of Fi-egos"
    Again, referring to the ni infp I know, he is that way as well. He's fairly logical and analytical a lot of the time, and it took me a while to realize that he was IEI, but he has a strong preference for Fe and Se as well. He actually wonderfully explained his desired way of interacting with people - how he wants an aggressor to be strong/forceful and that way he can work off of that (and I haven't even mentioned socionics to him). I see you as being similar.

He complained how, rooming with another INFp was weird, because they were both trying to cater to the other person. He expressed, essentially, longing for someone with less F so that way they could be more direct about things - he inadvertantly described a beta ST in how he would rather his current room mate acted, so that way there would be less indirectness about things.

I get what you're saying but why aren't INFjs considered vulgar or sexual, certainly they CAN be. How is that socionics related is what I'm asking, basically.
    It's not a major thing, it's more a trend. EIIs swear and talk abuot sex sometimes, sure. But the way you do it seems to be very different from how many EIIs do. You can put as much significant on that as you'd like, it doesn't matter to me - just a thing to be pointed out.

Thanks. The reason why I needed input from others is, as always, I have to somehow test my self-image lol. Damn ego. I realized it was a bit 'iffy' from the start though, but it's something that has been on my mind for awhile now.
    Hm. Is this E4 behavior?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Are IEIs softer than EIIs? In what way?

Remember that victims come in both aggressive or submissive subtypes. I'm the aggressive subtype. And Nick is too. Use us as a benchmarks, not the submissive ones like redbaron and starfall. Of COURSE they'll feel different. I really wish I had the control they seem to have. <3
    There is truth and significance in that.

Fe INFps I actually can't talk to it seems, for very long.
    Ni INFps I can deal with, because they are more passive and less trying to throw Fe at me.

Ni INFps still have sparks and passions, though.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seriously doubt you are an iNFJ

You dont come off as someone who cares about other people.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I seriously doubt you are an iNFJ

haha I actually think he does, but does it in a beta style, which is different than a delta style.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mimosa, that avatar is too darned cute. makes me smile everytime I see it!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking about the subtypes of "victims", not of IEIs. There are submissive victims and aggressive victims. It's not linked to Ni or Fe subtypes. I mean, ILIs, LIEs and EIEs are also victims, and their subtypes/leading functions/creative functions are all different.
    Oh? I'm not familiar with that.
    I makes sense, I suppose.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a random picture, taken with the web cam of my laptop. I guess their personalities shine through in that photo...?

Your kids look adorable, too. They look a bit more Si....? Do you know their types?
    those aren't my kids, that's a pic of my IEI brother and I when we were little! (1970s)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My twin girls are ESFj and INFp. My son is ISFp. They get along pretty well. The twins get along because they're both girls and twins and enjoy the same activities. The INFp and ISFp get along really well as lookalikes (reminds me so much of how I get along with my dad who is also ISFp), the ESFj and ISFp get along okay SOMEtimes, usually when we're on vacation or enjoying some activity where they're fully enmeshed in the experience. In those cases, the INFp gravitates to me, asking me questions like "what are we going to do next?" But often the ESFj will annoy the ISFp with comments such as "you're doing it wrong! THIS is the way it should be done." lol She can be a little bit bossy and know-it-all.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think his use of sexual talk is a good argument. Just the process of coming out and becoming comfortable with being gay is going to give him a different relationship to his sexuality than those of us who never had to process our sexuality in that way. What makes me think Fe > Fi is his flair for drama. He loves to cause a reaction in people, and not just through talk about sex. I find that to be an endearing trait, but I think Delta STs might get uncomfortable with it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@B&D:
    no. just no.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As for your friend's situation, clashing with the IEI- I really don't have that problem. The problem I have is that, we'll really like each other but none of us will feel the drive to plan very many activities or things to do together. We'll talk and enjoy each other but there's like this....blockage to get anything done. It can be a little frustrating, but ultimately it's not that bad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compare me to glam, starfall (wait is she IEI or EIE?) and redbaron and I don't really picture myself as submissive or as soft as they appear in their posts, and in real life this is probably true too. (the introversion probably helps create the 'soft' image people have as well, as I am definitely introverted.) However is that just cause of my experiences or my natural psychology I have no idea.
    I think Krae is one the the tougest INFp's here.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Krae is equal to me. And I don't view Nick as tough, just more angsty or something, or angry/bitchy. Which can look like toughness but it really isn't. As for that other male infp 'Baby' well, judging from his posts- he's CLEARLY more umm tactful and gentle than me. Kinda has this aura of 'I'm a Good Moral Person' that I don't really see myself having, I'm more the type to point out if the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

Btw I still haven't decided completely but so far it's about 60% infp and 40% infj.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krae is equal to me. And I don't view Nick as tough, just more angsty or something, or angry/bitchy. Which can look like toughness but it really isn't. As for that other male infp 'Baby' well, judging from his posts- he's CLEARLY more umm tactful and gentle than me. Kinda has this aura of 'I'm a Good Moral Person' that I don't really see myself having, I'm more the type to point out if the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

Btw I still haven't decided completely but so far it's about 60% infp and 40% infj.
    if judging toughness is based on the description you have written then NICK would be tougher than you.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just because he's more of an asshole online than me, he's 'tougher?' Ooookay.

I think you're looking too much at appearances, instead of real toughness....but okay.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for that other male infp 'Baby' well, judging from his posts- he's CLEARLY more umm tactful and gentle than me. Kinda has this aura of 'I'm a Good Moral Person' that I don't really see myself having,

B&D my dear, read what you wrote about toughness.

Judging by what you mean by toughness Nick is indeed tougher than you...

1)

2)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Don't be condescending, sweetie-flakes. =D

And okay. Nick is tougher than me. Can we please get back on topic here?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think his use of sexual talk is a good argument. Just the process of coming out and becoming comfortable with being gay is going to give him a different relationship to his sexuality than those of us who never had to process our sexuality in that way.
    Wow, empathy! +3. Yes, IDEALLY, my sexual orientation would be a default no-issue with me like it naturally is for straight people. And over time, as I mature- it will turn out that way. But since most people are straight, and society obviously conditions and puts pressures on everybody to be heterosexual, (They might not discourage me or beat me up for being gay, certainly, but society *obviously* puts pressure on men to be straight - any idiot with a brain knows this.) than it's only natural that I kind of amuse myself with the 'Whee, I'm gay!' thing a lot, as in the process of getting comfortable with it myself, primarily- like you mentioned. And if others can't see what I'm doings there, objectively yet sympathetically like an ENFp can, then I don't know what else to tell people.

I'm glad you can relate to what it's like, from the gay perspective and how I'm not trying to purposefully distance or be mean to people via my gay rants. I know 'nobody cares', but that's not the point of why I do it. All of our actions are selfishly-motivated, even seemingly selfless ones. It's just common sense. I mean I'm sure you wanted kids just for you, right? And that's okay! My mom was the same way. She wanted kids because she selfishly wanted kids. There's nothing wrong with being selfish. I'm glad she was selfish enough to have me. Nobody is gonna do something they truly don't want to do, and if they try so- they will ultimately fail at the task and go back to who they really were.

So +5 more for actually getting it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with you. But by putting 'come off' as emphasis, you mentioned something even more interesting.

If personality is really all about mere PRESENTATION, like Chris Crocker mentioned in one of his videos, then truth be told it's ALL fake, it's all just a farce, a play, all a joke, and it can't be used to seriously self-examine oneself at all. Because how you present something is different than what that something actually is, obviously. There's no honor in being a liar, to me. Ever. There's no core, no nitty gritty, no substance. I'm not sure if I believe that. I don't think personality psychology is the deepest level one can go, but I think it's at least 'a little deep.' Not as deep as one's 'soul' as there are realms of being beyond the mind, but it's 'up there' (Or should I say 'down there?' since we're talking about depth.)

And for what it's worth, I really *don't* care about others like I care about myself. It's not just a presentation. But in my world, everybody is this way. You have to be! How can I care for other people without being really selfish first, I don't understand that concept. That's not selfless to me, that's stupidity. How can you help people without helping yourself A LOT first, you'd just be giving them bad advice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    @B&D:
    no. just no.
    agreed.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd think IEE. in fact, i think an EP temperament is appearant from your posts.
    asd

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If personality is really all about mere PRESENTATION, like Chris Crocker mentioned in one of his videos, then truth be told it's ALL fake, it's all just a farce, a play, all a joke,...
    Perhaps, but the manner in which individuals like you and Chris Crocker choose to present yourselves and whatever reasons lie behind your presentations are definitely type related IMO.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I get what you're saying.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request