Thread: Introversion, Extroversion, and Pizza

Default Introversion, Extroversion, and Pizza

My sister just called me earlier to day to tell me about something she heard on the news. Apparently a Domino's marketing study found that extroverts tend to order meet toppings and introverts order vegetable toppings. I thought this was pretty interesting. It seems to fit my family, what about yours???

NOTE: I briefly (read 30 seconds) tried researching this via google, but I didn't find any results. Don't bash me because you think it's a silly idea... that's part of the reason I'm posting it.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Introversion, Extroversion, and Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by BlendieOfIndie
    My sister just called me earlier to day to tell me about something she heard on the news. Apparently a Domino's marketing study found that extroverts tend to order meet toppings and introverts order vegetable toppings. I thought this was pretty interesting. It seems to fit my family, what about yours???

NOTE: I briefly (read 30 seconds) tried researching this via google, but I didn't find any results. Don't bash me because you think it's a silly idea... that's part of the reason I'm posting it.
    i hate veggies. i'm introverted, i like pizza, will likely not call them or have it delivered.

you would think that domino's would do research making better pizza, instead of this stuff. i mean, how in the world are they going to use this stuff? it's not like people use seperate lines for I and E.

Ooops, I think I added "marketing" in front of research... just in case you check my works cited page. In my own defense, I can't imagine the study had anything to do with the composition of their pizza.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooops, I think I added "marketing" in front of research... just in case you check my works cited page. In my own defense, I can't imagine the study had anything to do with the composition of their pizza.
    you never know, people spend money on all sorts of dumb things. for me - i would think that vegetarians would order veggies on their pizza. while meatarians would order meat. maybe that's just me.

I order meet on my pizza, but of the toppings I choose, I get more vegies.....
    wait.

There's more vegies on the menu than there are meats. *** starts thinking about probability ***

I either get:
    pinaple and pepperoni, or
    onion and green pepper

I think meet lovers is boring as hell. I guess we'll have to wait and see what everyone else says... I did say earlier the study seemed silly.

----

If they study is true, here is how it can be used. Certain activities, places, people, things, etc. are utilized by Introverts or Extroverts. For example, many introverts are likely to hang out in a coffe shop for hours. I'm sure there's many more things like this (even if that wasn't a great example). Therefore, if Domino's knows the things introverts do, then they can target adds with vegi pizza to those audiences. Etc, etc... you see the idea.
    INTj

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These correlations can be very misleading. "Tend" could mean anything from introverts preferring veggies over meat 80% of the time or 50.9999999% of the time.

Besides, I like both.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-pokeball

I usually order: Canadian bacon, pineapple, olives and onions ...maybe tomaters.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't fit here. I am super extraverted and am happy with an all-veggie pizza, and often order that. My ISTp husband on the other hand, who is introverted in every way possible, prefers a pizza called The Meat Monster at the pizza shop down the street. So the complete opposite to us.

LOL
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm... cheese....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I order meet on my pizza, but of the toppings I choose, I get more vegies.....
    wait.

There's more vegies on the menu than there are meats. *** starts thinking about probability ***

I either get:
    pinaple and pepperoni, or
    onion and green pepper

I think meet lovers is boring as hell. I guess we'll have to wait and see what everyone else says... I did say earlier the study seemed silly.

----

If they study is true, here is how it can be used. Certain activities, places, people, things, etc. are utilized by Introverts or Extroverts. For example, many introverts are likely to hang out in a coffe shop for hours. I'm sure there's many more things like this (even if that wasn't a great example). Therefore, if Domino's knows the things introverts do, then they can target adds with vegi pizza to those audiences. Etc, etc... you see the idea.
    for me, pepporoni or bacon is enough. maybe a little ground meat. but when it comes to chicken wings, ribs, shrimp, and other hand holding food swimming on the cheese - that's where i draw the line.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Doesn't fit here. I am super extraverted and am happy with an all-veggie pizza, and often order that. My ISTp husband on the other hand, who is introverted in every way possible, prefers a pizza called The Meat Monster at the pizza shop down the street. So the complete opposite to us.

LOL
    we got to send that Jarid guy from Subway to meet the Meat Monster.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually pick at least half of the meat off. I like veggies on pizza though, and sometimes just cheese.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they also said that unusual types are more likely to order pineapple + onion

i like hawaiian + onion a lot. lots of time i get mushrooms and sausage though or whatever they have on special like this one parmesean garlic pizza that rocked

also what cone said

Creepy-pokeball

pineapple and onions are good. Mushrooms are "vom." I dont get eating fungus =( blearghhhh.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHROOMS!!!
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

*voms*

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    SHROOMS!!!
    Do you put Amanita's on your pizza, Joy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    they also said that unusual types are more likely to order pineapple + onion
    Did you see this, too? If so, could you refer me to your source (if available online).
    INTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i saw it on the news but link bloop

Strange. I hate pizza. If I am forced to eat it I don't like anything on it at all.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHROOMS!!!
    you got any?
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

men prefer meat. women like veggies. people generally think that women talk more than men. they also think that "talks a lot" = extravert. conclusion: extraverts prefer veggies.

<--jk

someone here said something about ribs and chicken wings as pizza toppings. was that a joke? EDITED TO ADD ...forget that I asked. just remembered that the Brits have cone up with sth called pizza chicken tikka massala. probably you can put almost anything on a pizza, so... ribs, yes, why not?

SHROOMS!!!
    you got any?
    just pick the one off your avatar... this is virtual world we're talking about
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Sometimes I like it with mushrooms and jalapenos

other times I like it with pepperoni and sausage

sometimes I'll mix it up and have all four together. at once!

i'm rappin' about vegetable and meat together and chowin' down. that's the important thin. thanks, i'm ricky ricardo.

theory not applicable for this introvert.
    Yo vague, I know where you hang

So lets get together and do the pizza thang

Put some toppings on, 1, 2, 3, or 4

We mix em' all together cuz w're all omnivores
    INTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer cheese Quattro formaggi Or just mozzarella Good cheese is the _thing_ in pizza. On top of that I can eat pretty much anything. I think I prefer meet over veggies. Then again a balanced pizza is better than a meet monster. I seriously dislike Atkins kind of diets.

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Strange. I hate pizza. If I am forced to eat it I don't like anything on it at all.
    implied<-- vegetarian
    You folks are wacky.
    Implied and I are picky eaters. We have even discussed how stupid it is that people order pizza from chain restaurants like Pizza hut when independent places are so much better.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

ZOMG I used to live in Roanoake!

Yeah if I have to eat pizza because I am too lazy to cook I'm sure as hell not going to eat pizza hut, there is like.... oil? In the crust and it seeps out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a pizza place in my local bowling alley. Best pizza ever, seriously.

Mmm, oil. I love when you pick up your slice and it just pours off. *drool*
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean... "meat" toppings?

I don't really order any topings on my pizza
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP

You mean... "meat" toppings?

I don't really order any topings on my pizza
    no it's real high class - you get to meet the toppings personally...

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    ... i could just call gevito's (local atl business) ....
    Wow, another Atlanta resident.

** yells out the window **

If you life D feet away, and the speed of sound travels at S feet per second, you shout hear some blasphemy in about D/S seconds. The weird part is I got a "shutup nerd" reply in far less time than (2 (D/S)).
    INTj

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, those of you who eat pineapple on pizzas are savages. Why not put some chocolate over it, too?

As for the topic, I doubt there is any correlation. Personally I tend to prefer vegetables such as tomatos, onions, peppers, MUSHROOMS etc, but I'm also happy to have meat - but not chicken or seafood.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!