Thread: ATTN: All Betas

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default ATTN: All Betas...

Why do you think I'm beta? What, from my posts gives you that evidence? And if I decided that I eventually was Delta-INFj instead....what would you honestly think of that? (You can say 'I think you'd be full of shit' if you want to, I won't take offense.)

But really, redbaron, Nick, Gilly, glam, all the countless of betas on this forum....do I really talk directly with you guys that often? Do you really agree with anything I say? Could you really see me, objectively, hanging out with you guys IN REAL LIFE? With the exception of perhaps Gilly but that doesn't seem socionics related. We just seem to have so many of the same interests.

I feel I'm too serious to be Beta. And I've been feeling like this for weeks now, I'm only NOW talking about it, before you hang me out to dry...

Even when a lot of you are joking, since most of you are Beta now on the entire forum etc.... I'll laugh. And I'm certainly not offended that it's jokey and so heavy Beta. But deep down inside, I just wish you guys would be more serious about A LOT of things. Not that Betas or Alphas are never serious, but I think truly, I appreciate the more serious approach to humanity that Deltas generally have. I can still tell jokes and make fun of things, but I think how I act in real life is just too different than that. And it's one of the reasons why it was hard for me to make friends etc. Also Se as my polr instead of my dual-seek isn't so far out of left field.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what? Betas are one of the most serious people to walk on this earth.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Facts are not in evidence with that, judging from all my experiences here.... =/

Generally who is the most SERIOUS quadra then? Maybe Gamma and no I DEFINITELY don't think I'm Gamma lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Betas can joke and make crazy comment, but I do very much think that they think things very very seriously, I think it is evident when you judge based on a work setting and not in a party. If you are judging them based on how they party and have fun, then they I can see where you are coming from, from the stand point that they can be seen carefree with rowdy comment, but at work I think we take responsiblities very seriously.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, who *doesn't* take their work seriously? You have to, or you get fired. I think that's a bad example...so what else?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Well, who *doesn't* take their work seriously? You have to, or you get fired. I think that's a bad example...so what else?
    LOL!

1)

2)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And what does serious mean?
    serious definition | Dictionary.com

I mean 'serious' as in definition #5 and #8.

You talk about Se>Te all the time, how come? Do you think you have misunderstood the functions? In that case, how?
    I've possibly misunderstood them. But Se to me is self will-power. And that could still be my polr, since I'd rather just obey orders- somebody else's will, then have someone help develop my own. I however, hear a lot of talk about Se being... pushiness, or relating to bullying, which doesn't mesh well with me at all. I like being told what to do if it's helpful for me, but I want tact. I like to be 'dominated' in that sense, but not shouting or yelling, and the concept of somebody erotically being an 'aggressor' to me makes me want to barf.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even when a lot of you are joking, since most of you are Beta now on the entire forum etc.... I'll laugh. And I'm certainly not offended that it's jokey and so heavy Beta. But deep down inside, I just wish you guys would be more serious about A LOT of things.
    Relax... it is just a phase you're going through...
    You might be experiencing a functional imbalance... Ni can make perception of time passing shitty sometime... remember to balance that with Fe and you will be OK.

Meditate on the following quote from Master de Mello:

"Spirituality means waking up. Most people, even though they don’t know it, are asleep. They’re born asleep, they live asleep, they marry in their sleep, they breed children in their sleep, they die in their sleep without ever waking up. They never understand the loveliness and the beauty of this thing that we call human existence. You know— all mystics— Catholic, Christian, non-Christian, no matter what their theology, no matter what their religion— are unanimous on one thing: that all is well, all is well. Though everything is a mess, all is well. Strange paradox, to be sure. But, tragically, most people never get to see that all is well because they are asleep. They are having a nightmare."

You might be having a Ni-ghtmare
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think I'm beta? What, from my posts gives you that evidence? And if I decided that I eventually was Delta-INFj instead....what would you honestly think of that? (You can say 'I think you'd be full of shit' if you want to, I won't take offense.)

But really, redbaron, Nick, Gilly, glam, all the countless of betas on this forum....do I really talk directly with you guys that often? Do you really agree with anything I say? Could you really see me, objectively, hanging out with you guys IN REAL LIFE? With the exception of perhaps Gilly but that doesn't seem socionics related. We just seem to have so many of the same interests.

I feel I'm too serious to be Beta. And I've been feeling like this for weeks now, I'm only NOW talking about it, before you hang me out to dry...

Even when a lot of you are joking, since most of you are Beta now on the entire forum etc.... I'll laugh. And I'm certainly not offended that it's jokey and so heavy Beta. But deep down inside, I just wish you guys would be more serious about A LOT of things. Not that Betas or Alphas are never serious, but I think truly, I appreciate the more serious approach to humanity that Deltas generally have. I can still tell jokes and make fun of things, but I think how I act in real life is just too different than that. And it's one of the reasons why it was hard for me to make friends etc. Also Se as my polr instead of my dual-seek isn't so far out of left field.
    I'm relatively confident of a few things

-You're not Delta. I've observed that the way you express yourself here sometimes offends Gammas and Deltas. This is not so much because of what you say but because of how you say it. While sometimes you may be calm, at other times you emanate emotional radicalism (primarily through the use of ) which Gammas and Deltas can find irritating and/or intimidating.

-Appearing "calm" in real life is likely related to and I think this is what you're talking about. Appearing calm is different than being relaxed. types can be inwardly experiencing hell but still appear calm and disaffected. relates to separating oneself from the sensations of the present moment (instead of being in the here and now you can explore your past, plan your future, fantasize about what was or what could be - furthermore going into this mode is not always a conscious choice)

-Beta on this forum is not actually represented as it is in reality. LSIs are farely rare here. Furthermore LSIs have the attributes that you seem to be seeking. They are often serious, hardworking and respectable people. Logical types generally wouldn't use "fun" as an adjective to describe LSIs. But types with strong , especially those with as well are capable of seeing the "fun" in hanging out with LSIs. Not "fun" as in frivilous joking but fun as in finally getting around to go on that camping trip you always wanted to go on (and not getting eaten by bears), fun as in actually accomplishing things and not having to deal with irritating melodrama. Anyways you ought to at least entertain the idea that LSI is your dual.
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know what to make about all the other stuff in that post, but I so agree that -types can appear calm, but their insides are still a nervous wreck.