Thread: Type Person A and Person B

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Person A and Person B

Is it possible to type Person A and Person B based on this exchange? Or at least identify some functions in play here?

I think the context will become quite clear once you start reading.

Note: No, I am not "B" whining about my recent breakup!

A: You know I've been there and I think you're going through what any person who has been in love would go through. It's perfectly reasonable and understandable. When we are the ones who did not desire the relationship to
    end, it's even harder to heal. Of course you have the strength because you've already displayed it before this happened. I respect you so much because you approached it in a totally healthy and non-destructive way - and you still are. Have faith in yourself and take it day by day.

B: Thank you but I honestly don't deserve that. I had no option but to stay away from him (that's still the case). It wasn't because I was strong and knew it was best to stay away, or respected myself enough to do that. The
    one time I asked he said no and not once did he try to establish contact with me in any way (email, phone, person). Nothing! I wasn't strong because I didn't make a choice, I still haven't. He has all the control and
    has made all the choices so far and I've just lived out the choices he's made for me. That's the crude but painful truth.

I was pitiful enough to still text him after he left Saturday while I was having a meltdown and asking him AGAIN to give us another chance, that I knew he loved me blah blah blah. UGH!! No wonder he doesn't take me seriously. All that after he made it clear that it wasn't going to happen. I still kept thinking I could sway him. That I'll be the one to make him realize how self-destructive he is when it comes to relationships. That I would be the one to make him fall in love so hard that it would change his life that drastically. That I was that special! I'm so delusional. Me and my fucking heroine complex. He warned me about this and I didn't listen because I was sure, sooo sure that I'd be the one to safe him from himself. That I would be able to give him all those things he has lacked and he would actually appreciate me for it. That it would be enough! But not only do I fail at that, but he actually turns it all down. He doesn't even want it.

I feel such a deep sense of failure and disappointment in being so delusionally idealistic. And honestly I feel empty because my ideals are all I have. And now I feel like I have nothing. Yes, I'm depressed. Ugh.

A: You make that sound easy. Its easy to overstep those boundaries and make and ass of yourself, but you didn't. You will slowly regain your control. Don't hate yourself-Love is something you believe in and you gave it your all. You just can't flip a switch-that's what makes you a great person. Don't let his ideas make you feel bad about yourself. You are a good person and you are right-you could have helped him out a lot-if he let you. He will realize his mistakes later-People like you are not easy to come by.

B: I'll still keep driving myself crazy though because I'm such a stupid
    romantic. I always think that love will prevail and I have these fantasies
    of someone falling in love with me and finally being able to see the light. That's probably what attracted me to him the most. That he had the potential to be that person. He kept talking about how he has never opened himself up to anyone and he felt differently with me (all these were at least partly lies, I'm sure). And the more I got to know him, the more I could see how much I was the perfect person to help him and he could help me too. It was just such an obvious thing with him that he was lacking all these things that I was great at, that would actually make me happy giving him. And that it was fate, that God had finally sent him the person that would be so awesome (in the exact way he needed) that for the first time in his life he would truly love someone. And just knowing that I was that person was all the recompense I needed. And even though there's a lot of truth to that in that I know I can be that person to him (if he'd let me) because I'm still
    convinced that he needs someone like me (and he is also, always said
    so)...which is why his decision has made so little sense. Maybe my theory
    that he is too scared to let this change take place is true. Actually, he
    admitted that on Saturday...that he knew what he was doing wasn't healthy
    but basically he's not willing to do anything about it. He'd rather
    continue his life as a meaningless abyss. Self destructive! But then I
    still keep thinking...if he'd loved me enough, he would have let me. Like
    magic. Like the movies.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think B is dominant, ESE>EIE. I think A is a Merry Intuitive.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw A as being valuing, while B as being Beta Fe. Basically, A talks about the "good" nature of B, and also seems to be competent in understanding relationships between individuals, and how to reassure the other. B acknowledges this, being adept in Fi, but prefers to express her feelings regarding the relationship, rather than the relation itself. Notice how B talks; big and dramatic - "meltdown", "delusionally idealistic", "my ideals are all I have", "meaningless abyss", "so delusional" - and with generalisations (drawing on a few experiences to formulate a principle about herself) - "I'm such a stupid romantic", "me and my fucking heroine complex" - as well as having those Beta NF doubts that such types are so prone to having. The only thing I'm not sure about is her alleged "heroine complex" taken in context - I'm not sure if a Beta NF thinks in this way. Unless, of course, she is an EIE, then it might work.

Going back to A, I'm thinking Gamma SF, because as well as being clearly adept in giving good relationship advice ( in general), "control" is talked about, which chimes back to themes about willpower - evidently, A is telling B something like "okay, your willpower and confidence are rockbottom right now - but don't worry, it will gradually be built back up again". Someone confident in and who probably valued it would say something like this, since they'd be aware of the volitional state of the person they're talking to. Coupled with , they make for the ultimate relationship advice-giver.

(As a side note, I find it interesting how she seems to be spotting some kind of duality or similar relation when she says "I was sure, sooo sure that I'd be the one to safe him from himself. That I would be able to give him all those things he has lacked and he would actually appreciate me for it".)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know who person A is.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I saw A as being valuing, while B as being Beta Fe. Basically, A talks about the "good" nature of B, and also seems to be competent in understanding relationships between individuals, and how to reassure the other. B acknowledges this, being adept in Fi, but prefers to express her feelings regarding the relationship, rather than the relation itself. Notice how B talks; big and dramatic - "meltdown", "delusionally idealistic", "my ideals are all I have", "meaningless abyss", "so delusional" - and with generalisations (drawing on a few experiences to formulate a principle about herself) - "I'm such a stupid romantic", "me and my fucking heroine complex" - as well as having those Beta NF doubts that such types are so prone to having. The only thing I'm not sure about is her alleged "heroine complex" taken in context - I'm not sure if a Beta NF thinks in this way. Unless, of course, she is an EIE, then it might work.
    Wow, I'm impressed with your analysis! Very interesting. Thanks Ezra!

Out of curiosity...what would your reaction be if someone were to express themselves to you like B does to A? Let's assume that you are the person who broke B's heart. How would her expressing herself to you this way make you feel/think?

Also....
    What exactly do you mean by "Beta NF doubts"? I know I would describe myself as having a lot of doubts in the way I think you mean, but I want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

To clarify....
    "heroine complex" refers to wanting to be the one "to save him from himself." That she is the one that was sent to him to make his life better, to give it meaning and depth. To her, it's like a search to find someone whose life she can change, in her own special way. Like puzzle pieces that fit together just right.
    Going back to A, I'm thinking Gamma SF, because as well as being clearly adept in giving good relationship advice ( in general), "control" is talked about, which chimes back to themes about willpower - evidently, A is telling B something like "okay, your willpower and confidence are rockbottom right now - but don't worry, it will gradually be built back up again". Someone confident in and who probably valued it would say something like this, since they'd be aware of the volitional state of the person they're talking to. Coupled with , they make for the ultimate relationship advice-giver.
    Good eye. I'm not sure if this changes things or not...but when A is in a similar situation as B, he will find it very hard to do those things he suggests (like get control and confidence back). Those things don't come naturally to him, which is why I think he emphasizes them here. Because he has to keep reminding himself to think this way. (He actually did go through something similar to B recently). I still think you make all good points since you're focusing on what type of information A would find beneficial and therefore transfer to others.
    (As a side note, I find it interesting how she seems to be spotting some kind of duality or similar relation when she says "I was sure, sooo sure that I'd be the one to safe him from himself. That I would be able to give him all those things he has lacked and he would actually appreciate me for it".)
    Very perceptive!

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    I know who person A is.
    I highly doubt it. Who?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    I highly doubt it. Who?
    I'd rather not tell.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    I'd rather not tell.
    haha are you sure you know? you sound so certain.