Thread: Evaluatory and Situational Functions

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Evaluatory and Situational Functions

this was recently just written on Wikisocion by a user called Yellowfever765 - thoughts?
    Evaluatory and Situational Functions

Evaluatory functions process information on a regular basis, whereas Situational functions only process information under certain circumstances (depending on which Block can take the external information).

Information is primarily processed by the leading function, which ''accepts'' data on an ''evaluatory'' basis. The leading function can only accept information relevant to its specific element, however, so sometimes the information does not compute and must be passed onto the next block. Therefore the creative function ''produces'' data on a ''situational'' basis, whenever data can be transferred by the leading function.

When the Ego cannot accept the external data, it is passed onto the role function which ''accepts'' it (''situationally''). If the data is compatible with the element in the role function, it transfers over to the PoLR to ''produce'' new information on an ''evaluatory'' basis.

If the data still can not correspond with the Super-Ego it is sent to the suggestive function (accepting, evaluatory) in the Super-Id. This is the ideal place for data to go as it provides a way for one to utilize their mobilizing function (producing, situational) into action.

The last place the data can transfer into is the Id block's ignoring function to be ''accepted'' on a ''situational'' basis. Data processed by the ignoring function is transmitted to the demonstrative function (producing, evaluatory).

Understanding this function dichotomy is integral in fully realizing how we create the differing kinds of information we do as it tells us the "information pathway" that connects our Model A together.

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually quite a comprehensive idea, although I'd prefer to say that the ego and the id process things evaluatively and the super variations of these process things situationally. This is purely because I think it makes more sense for one to automatically attempt to use those functions which one prefers using.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didn't actually think about it but at glance it makes prefect sense.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bit about the ego looked cool... the superego seemed a bit odd, but I could make the words fit. Then the vital ring messed it all up. At first thought, it makes sense that your dual would process in the same order as your vital ring... but no, the order of processing in your own mind would be the order of competence, and the function immediately after the PoLR should not be particularly valued. I don't like this.

(Model T analysis follows)
    Now, given that, what should "evaluatory" mean? It's: unbalanced mental ring functions and balanced vital ring functions. It's the four activation-level functions - that are interesting for however long you can stand using them (for the PoLR, that isn't long). The "situational" functions are off the activation level, so they are only used for a reason. They aren't interesting for their own sake. Of these, the creative function is the strongest, and is used quite often to supplement the base.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari