Thread: Which type description(s)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which type description(s)...

...of your own type do you like the best?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll go with the one i wrote.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i'll go with the one i wrote.
    Which is...?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Niffweed made this one

SLI - WSWiki

That's the best one I've ever come across.

The one on this site:
    Psychological Types
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite one for ESE:
    ESE - WSWiki

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    My favorite one for ESE:
    ESE - WSWiki
    lol
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont trust Wikisocion, some of the intertype relationship is described like someone's own personal experiences with the relationship and then writing it in their word by word. It is lacking the fundamental depth of how the relationship works.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The description of the SLE that I wrote (with a few touches from niffweed). I won't claim credit for any of the actual material - it's merely a conglomeration of all the descriptions of the SLE that I have read and recorded as being decent.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    The description of the SLE that I wrote (with a few touches from niffweed). I won't claim credit for any of the actual material - it's merely a conglomeration of all the descriptions of the SLE that I have read and recorded as being decent.

the one i edited is the one on wswiki as opposed to that one.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one on "Rick's blog" and the WSwiki (already posted) are the better ones out there IMO.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    Ah, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    My favorite one for ESE:
    ESE - WSWiki
    Haha.

I'm not sure if it signifies anything, but so far it's been irrationals, mainly IPs, who have responded. (Sorry, Cracka, you don't count.) Do you rationals have some sort of grudge against type descriptions or something?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I'm not sure if it signifies anything, but so far it's been irrationals, mainly IPs, who have responded. (Sorry, Cracka, you don't count.) Do you rationals have some sort of grudge against type descriptions or something?
    There is little reason to think that.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    There is little reason to think that.
    True, but it's an interesting possibility.

So, Logos, which type description(s) do you like best and find most applicable to yourself?

Creepy-male

The wikisocion makes as much headway as it produces errors. The Socionist makes me sound so empty and frivolous (I think this is more related to the fact that I'm one of those freakishly rare ENFP 7w6 ESEs).

So, I'm going to go with socionics.com. It's nicely general, and captures a good deal about who I think I am. Additionally,

ESFjs usually have a straight, upright posture and the body itself is often firm and slim. In fact it is rare to find an ESFjwith a full figure, especially a male.
    That is all.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    True, but it's an interesting possibility.

So, Logos, which type description(s) do you like best and find most applicable to yourself?
    LII WikiSocion Page: Thehotelambush (and other contributors) really did a fantastic job of providing a thorough (but not too personal specific), basic description of the LII.

LII on Psychological Types: If you can get through the muddled English translation in spots, then this description also provides a nice description of LIIs that coves a wide range of dimensions to the LII personality, lifestyle, and behavior. Again it is not perfect.

While I do not have a grudge against type descriptions, I have noticed that a number of descriptions seem to almost overemphasize certain qualities to unrealistic proportions. This can alienate individuals from identifying their correct type. For example, there are a number of LII type descriptions that exaggerate the extent to which an LII spends their time systematizing, subordinating the world to logical systems, or their love for order, etc. Or sometimes descriptions produce too strong of a wording, as in the Stratievskaya LII description: "A LII is always politically active (a quality inherent in all representatives of the first and second quadras). LIIs are always troubled by the problems of the society in which they live, as well as the social and humanitarian problems around it."
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    the one i edited is the one on wswiki as opposed to that one.
    Okay, well, both are good anyway.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then you get those type descriptions that like to believe that all LIIs live extraordinarily regimented lifestyles with OCD.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or sometimes descriptions produce too strong of a wording, as in the Stratievskaya LII description: "A LII is always politically active (a quality inherent in all representatives of the first and second quadras). LIIs are always troubled by the problems of the society in which they live, as well as the social and humanitarian problems around it."
    Lol. Not only is wording terrible, the message itself is just weird. I've never been able to stand politics much and as far as I'm aware the political activity of any INTj is restricted to protecting their personal environment so they don't have to put up with bull-shit from outside. I always cringed when mr. P took those lines seriously.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one on socioscope.com. It's very hard to read, because it can only be read through a Russian to English machine translation, but, for me, it's spot on.

Jason