Thread: What are INTJ's doing for Valentines?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What are INTJ's doing for Valentines?

Hello,
    I am an INTJ. And yes, I did send my 'friend' a valentine. It was an ecard that was semi-serious in tone--My message in the ecard was a humorous poem.

What's weird is that this is probably the first valentine I have given since my freshmen year of h.s...I was the same shy, socialially inept nerd as I am now...Back then, I gave my love interest a card and a little box of chocolates...THAT WAS A MISTAKE!....She smiled sweetly, then laughed in my face...OUCH!.....It got around campus....How embarassing. But what one does for love....

It's funny that it has taken me twelve years to get over that!

I hope my 'friend' will appreciate the ecard. Now, I am sure that I am not even on her mind...But again, what one does for love!

What are other INTJ's doing?
    Will you be going out on a date? Will you be emailing an ecard to your love interest? Or will be at home playing Halo with someone on the otherside of the globe?

Just curious.......
    Joe

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

? I've got too many importatnt things to do.

There's no one who's worthy to get in my inner cirlce yet, unless this one female ESFj (I think) busts down my door, is being sexy enough for me to drop all the school work I have to do, and convinces me to go out with her.

So no, nothing going to happen for me, but I don't really care. I don't reallly have the time right now, to be honest. Or the means to make it actually worth something to me.

But, as always
    I'm keeping my options open
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Railing against the obvious marketing ploy that is Valentine's Day.

"If you really love her, you'll spend lots of money on gifts that will be forgotten within a few weeks."
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she really loves me on valentine's day, she'll be on her knees, doing her job
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this is why INTjs can't get laid.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

I have had several ideas pass through my mind. I never know what is considered appropriate - too much, too little.

My shedule is booked, except for 2 hours after lunch. I might get together with the girl I'm dating for coffee... but she might be busy too (jury duty... who knows how long that'll take... she's getting exempted). I'm not sure if I'll get her something or not. We haven't been dating very long. I thought about getting her a heart pez despenser (with some pez of course)... Yes, I know that is silly. But I hate going with the obvios chocolate or flowers... she is an ISTp, so I don't think she's really that much into valenties day anyways.

So that might be 2/24 hours of my day. The other 24:
    6 sleeping
    2 training at college radio station as a DJ
    2 making food and eating it
    3 in class
    a shit load studdying for my test on Wednesday.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Yeah, this is why INTjs can't get laid.

No, INTps just like to contrast me when I make an egotistical, arrogant conflict. It's nothing more than that, so don't try to make it seem like it's something special or new.

It was a joke, obviously.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As was mine. I would have and could have worded it differently if I was serious.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What are INTJ's doing for Valentines?

Quote Originally Posted by joegeo2006
    Hello,
    I am an INTJ. And yes, I did send my 'friend' a valentine. It was an ecard that was semi-serious in tone--My message in the ecard was a humorous poem.

What's weird is that this is probably the first valentine I have given since my freshmen year of h.s...I was the same shy, socialially inept nerd as I am now...Back then, I gave my love interest a card and a little box of chocolates...THAT WAS A MISTAKE!....She smiled sweetly, then laughed in my face...OUCH!.....It got around campus....How embarassing. But what one does for love....

It's funny that it has taken me twelve years to get over that!

I hope my 'friend' will appreciate the ecard. Now, I am sure that I am not even on her mind...But again, what one does for love!

What are other INTJ's doing?
    Will you be going out on a date? Will you be emailing an ecard to your love interest? Or will be at home playing Halo with someone on the otherside of the globe?

Just curious.......
    Joe
    i gave someone i like a valentine, silk flower (scented with chocolate), a toy with hug me on it, and some chocolates. stuck it on her table at break, rushing ahead of her, everyone saw it. being all female, they all wanted to know.

though i have been giving her stuff for a while. she came over to thank me, then asked point blank - why did i give her that? i really though she knew, and i was totally not ready for that question. i said "i don't know", but gave eye contact, and she wasn't convinced of the answer near as i can tell. as she kept looking even though turning her head.

i'm almost certain i had a hard blush going (blush, not the other thing, the blood went to my head, anyway...) i felt real warm, not sure what a blush feels like. but if it was there, she saw it, i can keep a poker face, but not like that. hopefully she read it right.

though if she does like me, and if she is the one that asks me out, i don't have any idea what to tell her, as i have very little experience dealing with this stuff. my mind just went totally blank. i wish i could just flip my dream self with the present self, i talk more there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    If she really loves me on valentine's day, she'll be on her knees, doing her job
    untangling your computer cables?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP wrote:
    Ok, pretending I didn't see that....

Valentines Day sucks when your single. My ex just invited me over though for a movie. So think I'll go for lack of anything better to do. But how much do you want to bet there will be no box of chocolates for me! *grumble grumble*.

E-cards aren't the same as the real thing. Gals sometimes act appreciative but the truth is, we want something tangible we can touch from that someone special.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G
    UDP wrote:

Valentines Day sucks when your single. My ex just invited me over though for a movie. So think I'll go for lack of anything better to do. But how much do you want to bet there will be no box of chocolates for me! *grumble grumble*.

E-cards aren't the same as the real thing. Gals sometimes act appreciative but the truth is, we want something tangible we can touch from that someone special.
    or show off to friends.

i was watching as they came back, one person passed and did a double take to see the flower beacon (i wonder if her neck is ok). then grabbed the one it was intended for. then it was a swarm of looky-loo's with people looking up in my direction.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP wrote:

Did it really offend you that much? Or was it just so male chauvinistic, etc, that you felt obligatedto show you were offended?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP wrote:

Did it really offend you that much? Or was it just so male chauvinistic, etc, that you felt obligatedto show you were offended?
    i was offended, and i was a male.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    UDP wrote:

I was offended as well, and I'm male.

Default Re: What are INTJ's doing for Valentines?

i wish i could just flip my dream self with the present self, i talk more there.
    Whooa! You have a dream self too? I talk more as my dream self as well! In fact, I do some pretty crazy shit as my dream self. Sometimes it makes me laugh out loud or have a big grin. I wonder what other people think when this happens (it must seem really spontaneous to them). I love my dream-self.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Sex change?

INTj

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlendieOfIndie
    Sex change?

it's best to be both.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the question infers we care.
    lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP has got some balls to say that... But I must admit, it was quite a comic relief to read that.
    - INTJ -

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
    It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most.
    We ask oursleves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?"
    Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)