Thread: Quadra Descriptions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quadra Descriptions

Machine Translation of "Quadras and their Socio-Psychological Features"

I don't know if this has already been discussed. Anyway, how do you feel about your quadras descriptions? Can you find yourselves in it? I am asking especially Deltas because based on what they write - I am Alpha to the bone.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old thread. Thought I would revive it and ask people to post their favorite or the best quadra descriptions. Thank you.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mainly ask because it seems like such an important unified description, of two duals to get along/share the same values and attitude, where as information elements ascertain to make a split and there's not as much a clear assumption in classical Socionics that those two dual's information elements go together exactly, as interpreted. It is nice to have something working for all types in a quadra, in order to identify them as actually "together."

I think from there you can use various group assumptions which seem more assumed within the basic Socionics type model, for instance with Gulenko's communication styles, that an IxTx would be best fit with a ExFx, or via temperament that an IJ goes with an EJ. Well the former seems more obvious to me, in classical Socionics, because there's not as much a clear cut definition for rationality which fits the information elements exactly, yet nor is there one for introversion or extroversion. However, our group assumes that E and I are rather obvious, in terms of energy and focus. I tend to find the terms "logic" and "ethics" pretty obvious too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people swallow Gulenko whole. He has some good hypotheses, but people often take him way too uncritically. There's a strong dimension of Alpha-centrism in his thinking. This phrase catches my attention: "easily they are transferred into any branches of human activity. Narrow specialization - not for them." But surely there are people in all quadras who are interested and involved in many things.

I think the idea of there being a fixed order to the quadras is highly suspect. Typology, as Jung defined it, is a symmetrical system. I don't see anything in the nature of Socionics that should make us think any different. But somehow there's this idea that Alphas bring new ideas into the quadra and then the others merely digest whatever Alphas come up with.

I don't know...as a hypothesis maybe...but I think Socionics gets ahead of itself. It's hard enough to establish the existence of IM elements and types, and when you get into the relative order or importance of the quadras, then I think maybe you get on shaky ground.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there has to be something more straight-forward to the logic of duality, besides just the theorization in classical Socionics of dual functions. I can understand we use more than one function, but I don't understand where the dual types truly meet together as a entity of ease in relations, when it comes to the writings in classical Socionics, which is where quadra by definition seems to be the most important factor.

Just from experience I can understand the validity of Gulenko's communication styles. There are ideas just like it upon opening your eyes http://www.ahfx.net/weblog/37 (though not my favorite interpretation, I personally prefer the dichotomies we use here in Socionics), and its seems like the most basic and common theorization from experience from stereotypical male/female roles, and these are evident in most of all your type descriptions. I even came up with some basic descriptions of the dichotomies that I find the easiest to understand personally, of ethics/logic, and introvert/extrovert. Just recycled some general themes from each, that stand out in every day people.

Intuition is considered a rarer type or process, one that is alien to much explanation and realization, and sensing just oversimplified as what everyone does. So the IT, IF, ET, EF types are pretty familiarized as ideal relational pairs, it seems to just be missing the link of 'what the difference in unified values' are, which I think quadra does/can do a good job at explaining.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is, the quadras represent a cycle. Alphas are no more important to the quadrant cycle than a sunrise is to a day. It appears to be some fantastic new dawn, maybe, but its just riding on the momentum of yesterday, just like the rest of the day.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mainly ask for us to collect them here, in any case. So please post anything you think is useful. Here are some:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...hlight=quadras

edit here is another one. pretty basic: http://www.socionics.us/theory/quadras.shtml
    Last edited by 717495; 07-18-2011 at 07:36 AM.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I really liked the part where they connected the quadras with elements; I did that with functional axes though, with Air as /, Fire as /, Earth as /, and Water as /, and the quadras were represented by two elements accordingly; I did this for the Thoth tarot, and I'm still doing it, and I like how it's going so I'll keep doing it...

Gilly and dolphin have some kickass things written about this all as far as cycles and progressions go, and I recall a few others I think; I'll have to find them, unless someone beats me to it

In any event, I like things along those lines a ton for some reason, stuff that's looser and more abstract, with all sorts of imagery, implications, etc.; it appeals to me on some visceral level, I get more out of it than trying to nail down detail after detail after detail...