Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 90

Thread: How to tell apart SLE-LSI and EIE-IEI

  1. #1
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How to tell apart SLE-LSI and EIE-IEI

    Aside from temperament, which can be misleading in Socionics, especially for Betas, (e.g. ENFjs and ISTjs can seem irrational; ESTps can look rational, and INFps can be extroverted,) how do you tell the two beta NFs and beta STs apart?

    Which characteristics, have you noticed, give a particular Beta type away?

  2. #2
    Creepy-male

    Default

    I would use Model X.

    At least in my case, ISFp-Fe (introvert with extaverted subtype) coincides with Model A ESE. I don't see how this couldn't be generally expanded.

    So, in other words, "wait for me to drag Brill over, again".

  3. #3
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have I started a trend?

    What's this model x people keep speaking of?

  4. #4
    Creepy-male

    Default

    A socionics module (it's useless if you consider it to be completely separate, imo) that considers there are 32 types (the 16 types with two subtypes each), each with only their four valued quadra elements.

    EDIT

    And I can't remember what the attributes were of each of the four functions. Sorry :x

  5. #5
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Have I started a trend?

    What's this model x people keep speaking of?
    Model X does not exist... I was a moderator at that forum for awhile, and have heard all of the bs about it before... To the extent that Model X ever did exist, Gulazon just summarized it. Only four elements per type.

    Besides, Gulazon: an EIE and IEI "value" the same elements. That is to say, their quadra elements are the same...

    I'm asking: how do you discern between the two types. Either the beta STs or NFs.

    And yes, Jess, you started a trend.

  6. #6
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For example, how would you tell apart the Socionics types of these two:

    Justin Timberlake, (a fairly extroverted Fe-IEI... interviewed by Osbourne, a ESTp: )


    And John Lennon, (a fairly sluggish Ni-EIE interviewed by an INFp, who looks like an elf: )


    We could do the same with the Beta STs too.

    This is all to say, there's a borderline between the creative subtypes of each of the beta Socionics types that gets pretty nebulous.

  7. #7
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Sorry, JuJu, I meant...

    You can use Model X (or at least something very similar) to work back to Model A. It certainly worked for my typing. It breaks down if you try to use a one-to-one correspondence between the two, however. (Model X SEI-Fe is not Model A SEI. (Or even SEI-Fe, but I would be inclined to disregard subtypes for Model A.))

  8. #8
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with you, Gulazon. It helps one identify their quadra.

    I'm writing, you know, about that nebulous area between two types--in this case, beta NFs or STs, what some call creative subtypes--model a or x or whatever you're using. .. It exists in all of the models. (see example.)

    I'm wondering if there's any new insight on this forum about it.... How to make that nebulous area more clear-cut.

  9. #9
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Speaking for myself, I found that looking into the supervision relations helps... Also, meeting and correctly typing my dual.

  10. #10
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Come on, people, I'm trying to get a discussion going about the harder parts of Socionics here...

    Here are the beta STs

    Lou Reed -- Se-LSI


    Dave Matthews -- Ti-ESTp

  11. #11
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    I would use Model X.

    At least in my case, ISFp-Fe (introvert with extaverted subtype) coincides with Model A ESE. I don't see how this couldn't be generally expanded.

    So, in other words, "wait for me to drag Brill over, again".
    My "three clocks" model won't help here - in fact it will probably confuse the matter further, because I swap parts of the ego functions for Betas and I haven't settled yet how this should manifest.

    Given that you know club and quadra, I suggest watching the superid - whichever element they use of their own accord is their HA. Model X confuses this slightly, but not seriously.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  12. #12
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    My "three clocks" model won't help here - in fact it will probably confuse the matter further, because I swap parts of the ego functions for Betas and I haven't settled yet how this should manifest.

    Given that you know club and quadra, I suggest watching the superid - whichever element they use of their own accord is their HA. Model X confuses this slightly, but not seriously.
    Could you try to apply this to the examples posted??

    It could help everyone to learn.

  13. #13
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    A socionics module (it's useless if you consider it to be completely separate, imo) that considers there are 32 types (the 16 types with two subtypes each), each with only their four valued quadra elements.

    EDIT

    And I can't remember what the attributes were of each of the four functions. Sorry :x
    You're ESE now? I'm having a hard time keeping up with you.

    @juju: This is a VERY interesting topic and one I've thought about before. I have the same questions as you so it will be interesting to see what kind of feedback you'll get. Hopefully other people will be interested in contributing!

    I think you and I are good examples of this. We've gone through a similar process for finding our types and it sounds like we've been confused about similar things.

  14. #14
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll tell you, Sirena, I think that the biggest problem, at this moment, with the English speaking Socionics community, is this little problem...

    If people can't get their type right, then the whole Socionics exercise is pretty moot, you know.

    I'm not sure anyone has a really good way of solving it... Except, you know, analyzing Supervison.

    That's why I'm asking the question... I'm hoping someone has some ideas.

    To cite an example that comes to mind, Gilly has gone back and forth between the beta NF types... I have, you have. That's three of hundreds though--many people on this forum have gone back and forth...

    It's probably the biggest problem with Socionics, when it comes down to it.

  15. #15
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This was an interesting thread until model X made an appearance.

  16. #16
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I'll tell you, Sirena, I think that the biggest problem, at this moment, with the English speaking Socionics community, is this little problem...

    If people can't get their type right, then the whole Socionics exercise is pretty moot, you know.

    I'm not sure anyone has a really good way of solving it... Except, you know, analyzing Supervison.

    That's why I'm asking the question... I'm hoping someone has some ideas.
    Well, the problem is, nobody actually wants to discuss typing methods, because that might destabilize their own typing. Something which they might have invested far too much into.

    There's also lots of different agendas. The fact that there are 50 billion Yieldings on this forum (and that they significantly outnumber the Obstinates) means that whichever theory gets yelled the loudest and longest wins out, without critically analyzing it. I discussed this with Brill, and he drew the conclusion that Yieldings prefer "strong" logic to "detailed" logic.

  17. #17
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are a few of us--you apparently included--who would enjoy dissecting this stuff... Who aren't here to just jerk off or live a slow death considering little paragraphs of nothing... (I like jerking off and thinking of nothing, but, you know, ad nauseum like sometimes on this forum--it gets old quickly.)

    Does anyone have any experience trying to tell apart these nebulous cases? examples above

    Use the examples if you'd like... Hell, it'd tickle me if you did.

  18. #18
    unefille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    841
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For me, it's actually really really clear that Timberlake is IEI and Lennon EIE. Watch how Timbelake sits, how he moves: there's a smoothness, almost a sense of consideration in his movements. He's still for the greater part and when he moves, he's making a 'large' gesture, something used for emphasis or to draw attention or to make an effect. On the other hand, Lennon's movements are almost compulsive. He's *twitchy* (oh god, as am I), not in this fidgety, nervy-ness way, but on a micro-level, he doesn't stop moving -- he can't seem to find physical equilibrium. Even when he's not 'making movements or gestures', his fingers are still moving up and down, his head is constantly changing its tilt. If exaggerated, it would be jerky and awkward, but it takes places on a more micro level and at the level of his whole frame, he doesn't move too much there, which is what gives the more 'sluggish' vibe, but even his stillness (when he is still) feels tense and unnatural -- the difference between a body being at rest and a body being held tightly so as to prevent it from moving. Both aren't moving, both are still -- but the difference in their states is palpable.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

  19. #19
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    For me, it's actually really really clear that Timberlake is IEI and Lennon EIE. Watch how Timbelake sits, how he moves: there's a smoothness, almost a sense of consideration in his movements. He's still for the greater part and when he moves, he's making a 'large' gesture, something used for emphasis or to draw attention or to make an effect. On the other hand, Lennon's movements are almost compulsive. He's *twitchy* (oh god, as am I), not in this fidgety, nervy-ness way, but on a micro-level, he doesn't stop moving -- he can't seem to find physical equilibrium. Even when he's not 'making movements or gestures', his fingers are still moving up and down, his head is constantly changing its tilt. If exaggerated, it would be jerky and awkward, but it takes places on a more micro level and at the level of his whole frame, he doesn't move too much there, which is what gives the more 'sluggish' vibe, but even his stillness (when he is still) feels tense and unnatural -- the difference between a body being at rest and a body being held tightly so as to prevent it from moving. Both aren't moving, both are still -- but the difference in their states is palpable.
    I actually see what you mean.

  20. #20
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    This was an interesting thread until model X made an appearance.
    ... and then it became super-interesting
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  21. #21
    idolatrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Come on, people, I'm trying to get a discussion going about the harder parts of Socionics here...

    Here are the beta STs

    Lou Reed -- Se-LSI
    YouTube - Lou Reed - Interview

    Dave Matthews -- Ti-ESTp
    YouTube - Dave Matthews interview
    I think Lou Reed and Dave Matthews hold themselves very differently in these vids. DM seems to lead with his energy, almost like he's leaping forward from his body. He holds himself quite loosely, his movements seem erratic but very organic (scratching his face). LR holds himself very tightly, even when he leans forward he's holding something back. You as the viewer are drawn to him, as opposed to DM seeming to be drawn to you. LR's movements are deliberate and firm (the fist to emphasise his point).

    I think SLEs seems to come forward and challenge you, get in your face and say 'do you think you can take me on?' but LSIs seem to sit back and let you fall into the trap of bringing the challenge to them.

    I think EIEs and IEIs are more easily confused than SLEs and LSIs.
    allez cuisine!

  22. #22
    unefille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    841
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idolatrie View Post
    I think EIEs and IEIs are more easily confused than SLEs and LSIs.
    For you. Other way around for me (as my optimistic crushing on a recent SLE reveals lol). Which I'm sure you meant to say, though -- that Beta STs are more likely to recognise between their identical and mirror and vice-versa for Beta NFs.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

  23. #23
    idolatrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    For you. Other way around for me (as my optimistic crushing on a recent SLE reveals lol). Which I'm sure you meant to say, though -- that Beta STs are more likely to recognise between their identical and mirror and vice-versa for Beta NFs.
    yeah.
    allez cuisine!

  24. #24
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    ... and then it became super-interesting
    ... and then I JIZZED IN MY PANTS!



    ^.^

  25. #25
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unefille and Idolatrie: excellent points!

    I hadn't noticed their rigidity/looseness; only general bearings.

    Now that I watch the interviews again, in light of what you've both written, yes, you're absolutely right... It's discernible.

    I'm wondering: where's the cut-off point between types..? For example, if Dave Matthews was slightly more rigid, would he be LSI..?

    It's like Unefille said... There are these border cases floating around, which are really tough to discern... Yesterday I was spotting this dude at the gym--and like unefille, with the SLE she mistook as LSI--I could not tell his type... He was more rigid than Matthews, but not as sturdy as Reed.

    He had that mistrustful glare I associate with these border beta ST cases... (The NF border cases often have a very optimistic look in their eyes... I don't know if that describes it well, but that's how I perceive it.)

  26. #26
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL I love that interview with Lou Reed! Man, that part at the end where he sings the line from the Sinatra song about cocaine, comparing it to the VU's song about heroin...so great. "Haha, very funny, ok. This was...babum." So great. I keep watching that one part over and over...

    I think I will have to refine my ideas about LSIs having seen this. He makes sense as an LSI, but he doesn't fit my typical picture. I have been thinking lately that I have a good general picture of the spectrum of Ti-LSIs, but not so much Se-LSIs, and have been thinking about a few people who I have a hard time typing that might fit best as LSIs.

    /me goes out to spot Se-LSIs today
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  27. #27
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I think I will have to refine my ideas about LSIs having seen this. He makes sense as an LSI, but he doesn't fit my typical picture. I have been thinking lately that I have a good general picture of the spectrum of Ti-LSIs, but not so much Se-LSIs, and have been thinking about a few people who I have a hard time typing that might fit best as LSIs.

    Here are a couple of Se-LSIs that are even harder to type than Reed:

    Eddie Van Halen:


    Kevin Garnett:


    With Beta creative subtypes, there are a lot of close calls like this... Hopefully, the more we discuss it, the more obvious each subtypes' features will become.

  28. #28
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's a nebulous Fe-INFp... Thanks to my good friend Nick, (strrrng,) for this typing:

    Tupac Shakur:

  29. #29
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I loved Garnett! Seeing/hearing him made me feel good inside. I wanted to be closer and be part of his experience.

    Ok, the inspirational background music might've had something to do with it! lol

  30. #30
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I liked the Tupac interview. He reminds me of a bunny every time I see him wearing that bandana on his head. lol.

    P.S. Another totally unhelpful post from me :redface:

  31. #31
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I s'pose I better throw in my two pence since I said it would've been an interesting thread.

    I know what you mean, and I don't think it's only these types that are difficult to differentiate between. I for one (I set up a thread on this a short while ago) have trouble telling the difference between an EIE and an SLE (just by observation, obviously). While I'm not so sure Beta Introverts are hard to tell between, or duals, I find SLE-EIE and the two you mentioned are the ones I'm most concerned with.

    I basically use the temperaments to decide between mirrors. I sometimes think I'm LSI, but then I realise not only that I prefer IEIs as much as I fucking love EIEs, but also that there are elements about the SLE that just don't fit with the LSI. Besides the IJ thing, SLEs also have more of an irrational (in the true meaning of the word), impulsive air about them. While they may not, in comparison with some of the rest of the socion, look/seem or even be particularly impulsive or irrational, they are certainly more so than LSIs. LSIs are far more methodical, systematic and careful in both thought and deed. They are more difficult to change - while all Beta STs are stable, grounded and confident, LSIs go that little bit more. An LSI is like an oak - totally fucking solid and unmoveable, an SLE like a willow (especially like the one from Harry Potter) - still grounded, but somewhat aggressive when it comes down to it. With an SLE, you'll generally sense more of a kind "FUCKING YEAH MAN WAHEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!" quality to many of them (especially Se subtypes). With LSIs, there is none of this. Compare someone like Joe Pesci in Casino or Goodfellas (or if you haven't seen those films, any of his films, really) - SLE, probably Se subtype - with Denzel Washington in American Gangster - LSI, probably Se subtype as well.

    Hope that helps. I don't feel I know enough about EIEs and IEIs to give any decent distinctions between them.

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    There are a few of us--you apparently included--who would enjoy dissecting this stuff... Who aren't here to just jerk off or live a slow death considering little paragraphs of nothing... (I like jerking off and thinking of nothing, but, you know, ad nauseum like sometimes on this forum--it gets old quickly.)
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    ... and then it became super-interesting
    No it didn't.

  32. #32
    idolatrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I'm wondering: where's the cut-off point between types..? For example, if Dave Matthews was slightly more rigid, would he be LSI..?
    No, I wouldn't think so. As in, it is not how rigidly a person holds themselves that for me differentiates between SLE and LSI. If DM held himself more rigidly, sat up instead of leaning forwards, his energy would still be pushing forwards, you know? I think SLEs have a looseness, a 'largeness' if you will about their expressions and gestures. Their energy expands to fill the space around them. They express their emotions through the wideness of their smile (amused, entertained), the sprawl of their body (comfortable, at ease), an arm slung around someone's shoulders ('you're mine').

    LSIs on the other hand express their energy in a far more contained way. They occupy or 'own' the space they are in without spreading further than the limits of their body. Gestures are more deliberate, more controlled. Instead of a wide grin, they'll show their amusement with a raised eyebrow, a half-smirk and some kind of amused expression in their eyes. A hand on your forearm says 'I want to touch you'. Rather than enveloping you with their presence, they invite you to come to them.

    Actually, I'll send you a pic of two friends of mine who I think are LSI and SLE which I think shows some of the differences.

    And also YES THIS @ everything Ezra said above.
    allez cuisine!

  33. #33
    Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    your backyard
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what Ezra said is pretty good, just see if the Beta St is more Nicky Santoro or Frank Lucas (Tony Montana is a good one for LSI as well).

    LSIs seem much more methodical and preplanned, whereas
    SLEs can act more on the spur of the moment, in response to the environment
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

  34. #34
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    (Tony Montana is a good one for LSI as well).
    Really? I would've said he was an SLE.

    LSIs seem much more methodical and preplanned, whereas
    SLEs can act more on the spur of the moment, in response to the environment
    Hmmm, I'm not sure.

    I think SLEs such as myself are relatively methodical. Remember, we are Ti creative.

  35. #35
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I doubt you plan so freaking much in the future as LSI's do. Heck the one I dated, would plan every single detail of a trip which would be 6 months later. For me its the opposite of spontanity multiplied by ten.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  36. #36
    Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    your backyard
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I think SLEs such as myself are relatively methodical. Remember, we are Ti creative.
    but do you appear that way externally?

    I'm sure LSIs think they're very spur of the moment too
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

  37. #37
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    I'm sure LSIs think they're very spur of the moment too
    This notion that LSIs aren't 'spur of the moment' is erroneous... They can be adventurous and up for anything, like all types.

    Did you watch that Eddie Van Halen interview? A non-rigid LSI.

    Idolatrie's notion of 'drawing one in' (LSIs) versus being more expansive (SLEs) is right on.

  38. #38
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idolatrie View Post
    No, I wouldn't think so. As in, it is not how rigidly a person holds themselves that for me differentiates between SLE and LSI. If DM held himself more rigidly, sat up instead of leaning forwards, his energy would still be pushing forwards, you know? I think SLEs have a looseness, a 'largeness' if you will about their expressions and gestures. Their energy expands to fill the space around them. They express their emotions through the wideness of their smile (amused, entertained), the sprawl of their body (comfortable, at ease), an arm slung around someone's shoulders ('you're mine').

    LSIs on the other hand express their energy in a far more contained way. They occupy or 'own' the space they are in without spreading further than the limits of their body. Gestures are more deliberate, more controlled. Instead of a wide grin, they'll show their amusement with a raised eyebrow, a half-smirk and some kind of amused expression in their eyes. A hand on your forearm says 'I want to touch you'. Rather than enveloping you with their presence, they invite you to come to them.
    +1000. That description of the SLE rings so true for me.

    Oh yeah, another good LSI example is Robert De Niro in Casino, alongside the SLE Pesci (both in real life and in his character).

    Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    but do you appear that way externally?
    To some, yes. To others, no. I change.

    I'm sure LSIs think they're very spur of the moment too
    What do you deem to be "spur of the moment"? And why don't we ask them now?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    This notion that LSIs aren't 'spur of the moment' is erroneous... They can be adventurous and up for anything, like all types.
    Do you equate these two things with "spur of the moment"? I think it's perfectly plausible for someone to be both adventurous and "up for anything" without doing things spur of the moment?

  39. #39
    lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    586
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dude what the hell is up with all of your avatars?
    Lefty
    ENFJ

    "I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

  40. #40
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    dude what the hell is up with all of your avatars?
    lol http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-retarded.html (click on link)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •