Thread: delta land

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default delta land

hmm, what, really, would delta-land be like?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    hmm, what, really, would delta-land be like?
    I think the simple word "home" encompasses it all.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Superfluous Headbutt*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    I like the way that sounds.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited for thumbsups
    n00bIEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever watched the movie "Robocop"?

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, so what does home imply...

- a safe place
    - stable relationships
    - ability for autonomy
    - but also some sense of community

What does home mean to you?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the home relates to the community in the way that without community, without certain, lax rules, there could be no home. A home couldn't exist in complete anarchy, state of war. But those rules can't be firm, they can't be dictatorial, they aren't followed because they are strictly enforced. Instead you follow the rules that you follow because you observe that those rules fit the situation. The rules are local, chosen by you and your close ones and you change them according to the situation. You hold your word and you do your part. You try to be a good guy instead of acting like a *i*k (beta). You try to be fair. You stand for yourself and you represent yourself, but you represent yourself as a reasonable and sensible individual instead of a wackjob (alpha). You pay your dues, you don't fake or posture, you don't bitch for the sake of bitching and you don't make noise for the sake of making noise, you're not gamma. Home represents things being the way that you want them to be, but in moderation. Your home is your castle. You build it, you defend it, you hide in it, you rest in it. A home is not a hermitage, it's not a conference room, it's not a party hall, it's not a battle field. A home is stable both physically and emotionally. You have one if you deserve one. If you don't, get a job and stop d*c*ing around, you'll get one at some point. If you're not proper, if you're not decent, if you're not nice, please go away.
    If you're delta ST, your role is to provide primarily the physical stability and your role on the emotional stability is secondary, but not nil. Vice versa for delta NF.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think somewhat similar topic was when there was a discussion about governments and quadras. Delta seemed to favor sort of "tribal communities" or small town autonomous governments (in case word "tribal" makes you go nuts) which applies local rules/regulations for local needs.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the home relates to the community in the way that without community, without certain, lax rules, there could be no home. A home couldn't exist in complete anarchy, state of war. But those rules can't be firm, they can't be dictatorial, they aren't followed because they are strictly enforced. Instead you follow the rules that you follow because you observe that those rules fit the situation. The rules are local, chosen by you and your close ones and you change them according to the situation. You hold your word and you do your part. You try to be a good guy instead of acting like a *i*k (beta). You try to be fair. You stand for yourself and you represent yourself, but you represent yourself as a reasonable and sensible individual instead of a wackjob (alpha). You pay your dues, you don't fake or posture, you don't bitch for the sake of bitching and you don't make noise for the sake of making noise, you're not gamma. Home represents things being the way that you want them to be, but in moderation. Your home is your castle. You build it, you defend it, you hide in it, you rest in it. A home is not a hermitage, it's not a conference room, it's not a party hall, it's not a battle field. A home is stable both physically and emotionally. You have one if you deserve one. If you don't, get a job and stop d*c*ing around, you'll get one at some point. If you're not proper, if you're not decent, if you're not nice, please go away.
    If you're delta ST, your role is to provide primarily the physical stability and your role on the emotional stability is secondary, but not nil. Vice versa for delta NF.
    This is a good description. But I am more inclined to describe Beta as the "make noise for its sake" quadra rather than Gamma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall
    I think somewhat similar topic was when there was a discussion about governments and quadras. Delta seemed to favor sort of "tribal communities" or small town autonomous governments (in case word "tribal" makes you go nuts) which applies local rules/regulations for local needs.
    When I read about indigenous populations, I sometimes find their society to be rather Delta-esque.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it should include picnics!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    it should include picnics!
    Yes. Potluck picnics.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It certainly does not apply for me. My job consists of me changing my living place/country often and I like it a lot and that's the same with ENFp's I know, all I know went to other countries to study for at least some time and a lot are thinking of going abroad to do something.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    + a stack of anime (for Deltas)
    I don't like anime.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I don't like anime.
    Me neither

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    When I read about indigenous populations, I sometimes find their society to be rather Delta-esque.
    I always thought the nuclear state was Alpha. Delta also has the Aristocratic superstructure.

Alpha is like drops of rain on a windshield, Delta is like gobs of stuff in a bucket of water.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home is the one place in all this world where hearts are sure of each other. It is the place of confidence. It is the place where we tear off that mask of guarded and suspicious coldness which the world forces us to wear in self-defense, and where we pour out the unreserved communications of full and confiding hearts. It is the spot where expressions of tenderness gush out without any sensation of awkwardness and without any dread of ridicule. ~Frederick W. Robertson

Creepy-male

Dude, Errant.

That's why Alphas always feel at home. Can I have your plates now?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    lol
    Thank you, thank you!

I'll be here 'til Thursday! And if it has tin foil on it, don't eat it!

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-male

Ahahaha! Hahaha! Hohohohoho! ILEs preaching about peace.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate you.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    I hate you.
    Well, he was trying to communicate a very Delta perspective... so expect it to be rather anti-other quadras.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

Yeah, Jake. What's wrong with being a wackjob?

GET OUT OF HERE, S.T.A.L.K.E.R!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jake Stalker

There's nothing wront with being a wackjob. There's nothing wrong with being a paranoid blowhard. There's nothing wrong with being a violent fascist. There's nothing wrong with being an isolationist hick.

It's your own choice of viewpoint that restricts you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um back to the topic...let's also have some little lakes or ponds w/ row boats, snacks and chatting.

And some nightlife close by, dancing and mix of cultures.

Also autonomous and efficient work that is non-stressful and interesting, self growth and niceness.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-male

How come Deltaland sounds so much fun?

Are you lying by omission?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About that nightlife, dancing, mixing of cultures thing.

I recently found a bar that is the most delta place ever. I occasionally write messages from it. The bartender/owner is an ISTp of about 50 years. He's combat sport hobbyist and his other job is doing physiotherapy. There's no dance floor. The tables are surrounded by comfy chairs and sofas where possible. There's a substantial number of magazines and board games and free internet access available in the front room. The place carries an abnormally large selection of beers, ciders, whiskeys and varieties of absinth. There's a free jukebox that carries local bands and music from the 30's to 80's. Nothing from the past 20 years but pretty much just quality music. The bartender doesn't serve anyone who is loud, drunk, wears very weird clothing or seems generally weird, he points them out. The place opens up when then owner wants and closes when the owner wants, no open hours are given anywhere. This is the front room.

The back room ... I haven't been to the back room because only people who have been around for years get to the back room. But I do know that the group there knows each other from years back and spend time watching tv and having snacks and apparently laughing quite a lot.

Anyone who dances gets thrown out. And what mixing of cultures is present goes under the title "hospitality". There's plenty of that. People talk to each other quite a lot and about quite varying subjects. The atmosphere is friendly, but reserved. I once mentioned that I liked a particular 80's tv show. Someone overheard it and a week later they came to talk to me and mentioned that they had tracked down some guy who worked for a company that was distributing it and could get me cheap dvds, as an example. The bar also serves the best hot chocolate in town. Famous for it. That bar is as close to deltaland as a place can be.

Creepy-male

Hmm.

So, can you flop down on one of the sofas and just tune in to the conversation? I don't know... somehow, I get the sense that this place would be rather stilted.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About that nightlife, dancing, mixing of cultures thing.

I recently found a bar that is the most delta place ever. I occasionally write messages from it. The bartender/owner is an ISTp of about 50 years. He's combat sport hobbyist and his other job is doing physiotherapy. There's no dance floor. The tables are surrounded by comfy chairs and sofas where possible. There's a substantial number of magazines and board games and free internet access available in the front room. The place carries an abnormally large selection of beers, ciders, whiskeys and varieties of absinth. There's a free jukebox that carries local bands and music from the 30's to 80's. Nothing from the past 20 years but pretty much just quality music. The bartender doesn't serve anyone who is loud, drunk, wears very weird clothing or seems generally weird, he points them out. The place opens up when then owner wants and closes when the owner wants, no open hours are given anywhere. This is the front room.

The back room ... I haven't been to the back room because only people who have been around for years get to the back room. But I do know that the group there knows each other from years back and spend time watching tv and having snacks and apparently laughing quite a lot.

Anyone who dances gets thrown out. And what mixing of cultures is present goes under the title "hospitality". There's plenty of that. People talk to each other quite a lot and about quite varying subjects. The atmosphere is friendly, but reserved. I once mentioned that I liked a particular 80's tv show. Someone overheard it and a week later they came to talk to me and mentioned that they had tracked down some guy who worked for a company that was distributing it and could get me cheap dvds, as an example. The bar also serves the best hot chocolate in town. Famous for it. That bar is as close to deltaland as a place can be.
    Yep Delta.

I know a Te ISTp restaurant owner who has a similar relaxed, but clique-ish atmosphere that kind of puts me on edge. He's a cool guy though, good fun.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look. It's an ISTp place. Who the hell thinks it should be inviting? The guy keeps the place because he likes beer and likes to have his friends over. About half the customers know the owner so well they just walk behind the bar and serve themselves if they feel like it. Delta is the most closed, least inviting quadra. If you're in, you're the best, if you're out, stay out.

And yeah, if you want to sit on the sofas listening to chatter, do it.

And I don't have a clue how the guy measures "weird" or "unwanted". I just notice every now and then that for some reason he's pissy and pointing someone toward the door and the next restaurant over. ... Mind you, he IS a big guy and he's not aggressive about it. He doesn't literally throw anyone out. When there's real trouble he tends to call the cops quickly, or so he claims.

And stilted? I don't feel that. But there's nothing wrong with stilted. Being stilted is a part of "Te" and that's a delta element.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, but unfortunately its a restaurant. People often assume that being serviced at a restaurant does not mean having to be "likable" or fall on the winning side of some arbitrary weirdness scale. People want to come the fuck in. get food. Not be fucked with. Pay. leave.

So throwing in the "Im a grouch, I like who I like and I don't who I don't" is basically an excuse to lure people into a place and then have a little superiority orgasm when you can kick them out for no obvious reason.

Not saying he should be prohibited from this, but Im calling him out for being basically a dick, because thats what he is.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Ah, but unfortunately its a restaurant. People often assume that being serviced at a restaurant does not mean having to be "likable" or fall on the winning side of some arbitrary weirdness scale. People want to come the fuck in. get food. Not be fucked with. Pay. leave.

So throwing in the "Im a grouch, I like who I like and I don't who I don't" is basically an excuse to lure people into a place and then have a little superiority orgasm when you can kick them out for no obvious reason.

Not saying he should be prohibited from this, but Im calling him out for being basically a dick, because thats what he is.
    Lol, yeah, good service should be given. And a restaurant is harder to swing that way, you're right. But the superiority orgasm is your own interpretation. Anyway, they're ISTp, I'm not. They can defend themselves.

Also, what people (alphas) assume of restaurants is of no concern to me or them.

Creepy-male

Hmm, Jake, I don't see that necessarily.

I guess my idea of a Delta locale would be something like the fictional Callahan's Place where you just rock on in and enjoy the community. What sounds like arbitrary filtering, might not actually be.

@Smilingeyes: Is it like, "Here's these rules, which may or may not be applied. Hopefully we won't have to find out "? I suppose your wording just made it sound pretty... strict.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast