Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The types of your family members

I was thinking yesterday about how Socionics inter-type relations have played out in my family.

Now I'm wondering: have inter-type relations played out in your family like Socionics predicts they will?

Do you think that the family dynamic changes inter-type relations?

For me, it's still shocking to read how well the various inter-type relation descriptions apply to the dynamics between members of my family.

My Mom: ESTp (activity)
    My Dad: ISTp (conflict)
    My older brother: ENFp (benefit)
    My younger brother: INFp (mirror)

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't we had a few threads like this before? Could you not find them (not a criticism)?

Mother - (unhealthy, neurotic) EIE-Ni
    Father - EII
    Twin Sister - SEE

My father has at least 2 other illegitimate children and an unconfirmed, rumored 3rd. One of them is my half brother who is also SLI-Te. Reminds me quite a bit of "Serious Name" as a matter of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Do you think that the family dynamic changes inter-type relations?
    Idk.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Haven't we had a few threads like this before? Could you not find them (not a criticism)?
    Many of the people on this forum have more accurate pictures of Socionics and their types than when the old threads were written.

Moreso--by far, IMO--than at any point since I came here three years ago.

Just as I came across an old thread in which the consensus was that the Beatles were all Alpha... I thought, you know, let's start again.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I change my mind daily about my family members and their types. I guess my brother is most likely SLE, father more than likely LSI, sister is SEI and mother is most likely SEE. It's so much easier for me to type people I don't know as well.

I get along probobly the best with my dad. Me and my brother don't really exchange words much but we get along...I get along very well with everyone in my family...I couldn't see their type as ever being something that would hinder the relationship. For example, with my brother, being around him is exhausting but I've never really faught with him or considered it a stressful relationship...I just interact with him in smaller doses. We're a pretty close family regardless of types.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me - IEE
    Husband - SLI
    Older daughter - IEE
    Younger daughter - too young to know

Yes we have bliss so far. But will it all fall apart with the new one? Only time will tell.

Family of origin:
    Dad: EIE
    Mom: LIE
    Sister: EII
    Brother: ESI
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom - ILI
    Dad - LSE
    Step-mom - LSI
    Step-dad - SLE
    Me - ILE
    Brother - SXE?
    Half-brother - LXI
    Half-brother SLE

(N.B. half-brothers are the kids of LSE/LSI)
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-male

Vero, your shorts are particularly golden today.

Regardless,

SLI mother
    LIE dad
    ESE grandmother (FUCK YES! Best grandparents ever! (Later note: old photos make her look like some sort of Beta. She's got that Beta hard look in her eyes.))
    --Haven't typed my dad's parents. His mother's a Beta and his dad's probably an Alpha.

Mother's family (only extended family I actually have enough contact with to type)...

SLI uncle
    ESE aunt (probably, might be IEE though... I get the sense that she's too crazy for that typing, however)
    SLI cousin
    --- cousin, probably ILE, but IEE is completely possible. Or maybe not. She's too school smart to be Ne-leading

As far as intertype relations go, yeah, it all fits... if I type myself as SEI. Mum's Te-dumps really hurt my head, but our household is really, really relaxed (no, screw you, Bee. I'm allowed to use Fe on stickam). LIE dad whizzes around being a lawyer/building things/bombarding me with Fi requests (I asked both of them about their relationship btw--they both described supervision, so, yeah. That works too). I try to stay clear of him. Conflict sucks like that.

Back over to the cousins, the ESE/SLI couple seem to give eachother plenty of space. Also, the ESE is such a Seven. I think the entire time I was there, she was out shopping or socializing. The SLI just kicked back on the sofa and listened to Buddha Bar CDs. Yeah. Their children were out working the entire time... and I was sleeping.

High energy my ass.

There's been thread like this before, but I'll reiterate the list:

Dad: ESTp (Semi-Dual)

Nowadays my dad calls me pretty often, lot more often than my mom. Used to be different a few years back. My dad tries to get me to do stuff, and he's the one who drags me to places. What's common that, we share similar harsh outlook for life. My dad is pretty aggressive, sort of like Paul Sr. in Orange County Choppers.

Mom: ENFp (Illusionary)

When I'm visiting my mom, we just basically eat and watch tv, and joke about stuff. Working with her is very dificult. My mom is kinda person who knows everything about everyone, and often talks about people who I haven't seen years, or don't even know who they are, but she just likes to talk about people. I have no idea where she gets all this information. My mom would want to hug and touch me, but I won't let her

Sister: ISFj (Activity)

My sister and I have become closer as we have gotten older, maybe we were more like that when we were really young. My sister had huge attitude when she was teenager and on her early twenties, but now she has become a lot warmer person. Then we used to have fierce arguments. My sister likes to bug people, especially my brother. She can like repeat to him:"Hey monkey, I'm going to kick your ass" etc. She loves animals.

Brother: ENTp (Contrary)

We share lot of interests, and get along pretty well. Sometimes we argue when he insists on being wrong He's very active, not so much physically but by having lot of activities, and his good at finding new opportunities.
    Last edited by Warlord; 03-17-2009 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Some commentary about relationships.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp