Thread: How do you put an LSI on the spot and make sure they're having fun with the situation

Hybrid View

Creepy-male

Default How do you put an LSI on the spot and make sure they're having fun with the situation

Question in title.

Upcoming function. Dude's an LSI. Hates Ne, but loves the Fe atmosphere that follows the group around like the Black Death.

I'm thinking of serenading him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Question in title.
    I personally would find being 'put on the spot' about whether I'm enjoying a situation as being excruciatingly uncomfortable, though whether that is due to me being a LSI or an E8 or whatever else, I don't know. The way that was worded reeks of trying to control the LSI, to which I instinctively react very badly.

I'd much prefer to be left to have my own autonomy to decide if I'm enjoying myself or not, and frankly I doubt most people would be able to tell what degree of pleasure I'm getting out of a situation if I felt duty-bound to not disrupt the atmosphere by being sulky or whatever and demonstrating my lack of enjoyment.

I'm thinking of serenading him.
    Is this a joke? I admit, sometimes I don't get Ne-humour. But seriously, as an LSI who has been serenaded, only do this if you want him to freak the fuck out and be uncomfortable and embarrassed, but pretend to enjoy it out of respect of your friendship, which was my response in any case. And by serenading, I take it you mean singling him out and making a public spectacle of singing to him for the enjoyment of the audience, and the dubious pleasure of the subject.
    allez cuisine!

Creepy-male

Sorry, that was bad wording on my part.

Would an LSI enjoy having attention drawn to them? Additionally, how would you avoid hurting their feelings while doing this.

And no, serenading was not a joke, it was a legitimate suggestion. From the sounds of it, though, it could easily be misconstrued as trying to freak them out rather than just stimulating group-wide lulz.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Would an LSI enjoy having attention drawn to them? Additionally, how would you avoid hurting their feelings while doing this.
    Don't think so, no. Why do you want to draw attention to him? If it is to entertain the group, the LSI will probably think you're making fun of him/having a joke at his expense. If it is to show the LSI that you want to single him out for particular attention because, I don't know, whatever reason, making him the centre of attention of the group probably won't be to his liking. I think it would be more meaningful to show him personal attention one-on-one instead, engage him in conversation, introduce him to someone you think he'll get along with, something personalised to him rather than for the purpose of entertaining the group.

In my experience, if LSIs wants the attention of the group, they will command that attention themselves - so it is not about not liking attention per se, but wanting it on your own terms. If you put them on the spot, they're probably not going to crumble, but they also may not play nice. I think its more a risk of irritating/annoying/embarrassing the LSI than hurting their feelings.

Of course this may change depending on the strength of the group relationships. I have completely different modes of behaviour around randoms or people I know in a more formal context compared to my group of close friends. If you're all like, best buddies, then you can probably get away with murder - but if there is even one person the LSI doesn't like as much (whether you know about that or not), he probably won't accept the same liberties taken.

And no, serenading was not a joke, it was a legitimate suggestion. From the sounds of it, though, it could easily be misconstrued as trying to freak them out rather than just stimulating group-wide lulz.
    Probably, yes. Serenade someone else in the group who actually enjoys it, and the LSI will probably clap, find it a fun thing, and internally be breathing a sigh of relief that it wasn't them being serenaded.

I can see LSIs really easily failing completely at Ne-humour, so just keep that in mind. But I also think it is very sweet that you want to do something nice for your friend.
    allez cuisine!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idolatrie View Post
    Of course this may change depending on the strength of the group relationships. I have completely different modes of behaviour around randoms or people I know in a more formal context compared to my group of close friends. If you're all like, best buddies, then you can probably get away with murder - but if there is even one person the LSI doesn't like as much (whether you know about that or not), he probably won't accept the same liberties taken.

Probably, yes. Serenade someone else in the group who actually enjoys it, and the LSI will probably clap, find it a fun thing, and internally be breathing a sigh of relief that it wasn't them being serenaded.
    This sounds about right. I dont think they hate those sense of humor at all. Especially with close friend they will gladly accept it.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by idolatrie View Post
    Is this a joke? I admit, sometimes I don't get Ne-humour. But seriously, as an LSI who has been serenaded, only do this if you want him to freak the fuck out and be uncomfortable and embarrassed,
    Yeah, even more so if it's a dude. I can just imagine the reaction my LSI friend (or acquitance), if some other dude serenaded him. And it's not good.

The humor of typical LSI is probably the direct opposite of yours Gulanzon. Jokes about sex probably are a safe bet, or find out who is his ideological opponents are and make observant satirical jokes about them.

As and example: The most recent joke I got from that LSI, was video of the angry german kid. And he had added a comment:"A future german school-shooter? lol". Relating to the recent school-shooting in germany, where 16 people were killed.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp