Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Socionics is a prison (Read me)

Socionics is a prison. Like anything human beings try to create, however well-intentioned- they always make a prison, a way of locking something in, one small spec of reality and milking that for all its worth.

It may seem like you have to stay wherever you are. That you are just such and such type and accept that. But that's just nonsense that's crazy. If I believed that, I'd still be that scared insecure little boy that pushed himself against the wall and tortured himself mentally. That invited all those sick people into his life because I didn't realize how much control and power and influence I really had.

Other people, everybody- you don't realize how crazy they are man. Including me. But now I can see outside of myself. I can see the big picture, for a brief snapshot in time (I may lose this in the morning) so right now, sit down shut up and listen to me. Other people, you see, they want you to act and be a certain way (due to their own weaknesses, natch), they want you to get some sort of confidence or self-assuredness from saying 'Okay I'm an isfp' because they get some comfort from processes you that way. They think you're looking at the world in a better way. That you're finding your true self. But are you? No, not really. Because you always have more questions about this shit. And it's great that we're questioning. But let's synthesize all this '2 grannies shopping at a modern electronics store' that we do. Let's find an answer. This answer will bring about more questions if you let it. More sissy pathways that go into endless sunrays of stories and novels and worlds and chapters and theatrical plays. But it's an answer. A raw, masculine ANSWER.

Here is the answer, chil'run. As a shaman- I'm telling you, that everybody can be all types, and be all things, and go everywheres. Human potential is well limitless. You can easily see a little bit of yourself in every type (People that aren't crazy and are actually thinking CORRECTLY can) So then as we ascend, we look down and see socionics for what it truly is.

Maybe it wanted to liberate people. It was a start. It wanted to find the answer. But listen. Some stupid russian bitch that couldn't get a date with anybody, that wanted love- but didn't want to TRY to do anything, like 99% of people who think too much, like 99.5% of people on this fucking planet, she just wasted away developing a system that although is true (in a very disjointed, disconnected way) was making her hide herself from all the love and joy that she was meant to experience. When she croaked, when she died I think she got to feel all those feelings that she wanted to want. But we can invite it in more and more as we live.

It's riding hotel elevators late and night up and down till you can't stop. It's seeing the small beauty in things. It's entering an abandon warehouse and seeing two really hot studs fucking suddenly, when you haven't saw or experienced any gay sex in 7 years. The raw thrill of that overwhelms you. And you can't fight it. You become who you truly are: Dust that's connected with more dust. Because that's all we ever are. You are just 'somethings.' And it's so wonderful and amazing how many little things we make because we realize that we are a 'something.' But that's all you are. That is the answer. The notions and perceptions and categorizations you have about things are interesting. But please understand how limiting they are.

Keep 'getting out of prison' every day. Do something every day that makes you feel like you just got out of prison.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Here is the answer, chil'run. As a shaman- I'm telling you, that everybody can be all types, and be all things, and go everywheres.
    So you are saying I can change from male to female if I want to. That's pretty ridiculous.

You didn't see the light, you were hallucinating.

Or maybe you just like to provoke or get attention. I don't know, but I'll soon find out.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Actually........

(lol)

According to JUNG, we consist of a Self that is "the real us". Inside of that Self, that we can't completely know consciously, there is lot's of different archetypes. The most important being:
    1. Ego - this is what you call and think of as "yourself" SOCIONICS TYPES THE EGO!!! The Ego is constructed the first year you live. This is PRETTY MUCH a proved fact....
    2. Persona - the mask(s) you present to the world. It's how you want others to see you. If you type someone, you might easily mistype them based on their persona, if they have a strong Persona very different from their Ego.
    3. Anima/Animus - the female/male part of a man/woman. This is seen by many as a counterpart to your Persona, while I don't agree totally on that. The Anima/Animus is unconscious in young people. The older you get, the more conscious is it. I know my Animus fairly well (35 years old). A person in control of his Anima/Animus can be mistyped as the Animi talk through their Egos. They might easily mistype themselves as well, as they confuse their Animi for their Ego. I did this myself. (my Animus is extroverted and logical, probably LIE or ILE?)
    4. The Shadow - the supressed thoughts, feelings and actions of the Ego. Everything you think you are not, typically "bad" things (eg. evil, violent, selfish, etc.), but also certain good traits can be suppressed (eg. assertiveness, ability to say no, etc)

According to Jung, we are PHYSICALLY female/male because our hormones make it that way by looks, and NORMALLY the CONSCIOUS PSYCHE will IDENTIFY with a man when you look like a man, and a woman if you look like a woman. But this is ONLY a construct of the psyche. In reality we don't have genders psychologically. Of course, physically, it's a totally different story.

When it comes to TYPE, however, it is probably STRICTLY a matter of a construct of the psyche. As it is your EGO that is typed, and as the EGO is not inborn, but a "imagined" *I*, by definition, you "the Self" can be any type, and actually is ALL types.

Hmmm... Do you know your Shadow? It is always the OPPOSITE type of your Ego (naturally). I have an LSE Shadow. So IEIs that go "dark" will behave as evil LSEs. etc. EIIs who "lose it" probably become a negative version of an SLE, and ILEs become a negative ESI, etc. I think this is why we often project "evil" on our conflicting functions, cause we know from our Shadows that these functions are like when in a "negative drive".

When people talk about "dual type theories", I think they talk about Ego + Anima/Animus. They recognize a second voice in themselves, that can have a completely different type. The goal of individuation is to make the Anima/Animus fully conscious, so that he/she will cooperate and grow WITH you.

Anyways.... B&D DOES see something here, I am certain. IEIs (ime) probably more than any other type feel the different archetypes in themselves? Not sure why? Some types have trouble seeing the difference between Persona and Ego, while many, many IEIs I know are very familiar with their Shadows (I have noticed that strrrng is, he has on several occations pointed out that "evil" can be a good thing for the whole/for development, and that is exactly what Jung says - the Shadow should be tamed and controlled, and when possible - integrated into the conscious Ego), also I have seen many IEIs that naturally see beyond the Ego, and sense the greater Self behind. I think that is what B&D does. But most of all I think he describes a complex in himself, limiting him. And then he projects that complex onto socionics. B&D, you are right - you are more! Of course you are! <3

(sorry for the preaching. Just felt like defending B&D's thoughts since you were so negative)
    no problem.

I was aiming at the psysical male and female. Although your explanation is a good defensive for the psychological part.

Anyways, anyone who sais you can be more than one type, like BD does and which is a common Noob idea, has not understood socionics. I just want to emphasize that.

Creepy-male

*threadjack*

This anima of mine, is this perhaps why I have "unusually strong ethics" for an ILE?

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think "ethics" is poor word choice. I have strong feelings and emotions. I think about relationships between myself and others quite a bit. Its junk socionics to then say "Oh you have strong ethics".

I think you are interested and fascinated with Fe and that would make sense seeing as its your agenda.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

Feelings don't have rules, imo. That's why they're feelings! You feel them.

Females in general scare me, for multiple reasons. Like, they'll find out I'm some inferior being hitch-hiking through this world; then everyone will somehow find out and start looking at me funny--but not in a way that you can return. That, and I'm horrible worried about offending them somehow.

I got this from my mother. As she's an SLI, I got my fair share of frequent PoLR hits as a kid, compounded by the fact that she seemed to alternate between Scary Dad and Overcomponsating Mother completely at random. Oh, and my dad's last wife. She just generally beat me to death with Se every time I showed up, and made it pretty clear I was unwelcome there. (Clear to me, that is. I just don't get some Betas.)

EDIT

Archon, you're just wrong there. I'm not interested or fascinated in Fe, it's just something I naturally do.

And anyway, Mr Ti, you of all people should be able to appreciate "ethics" being a placeholder term until it's clear whether it's Fi or Fe (or Fo or Fum--I smell the blood of an Ing Lish Mun).

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhg, I'm getting sick of this forum, Idk what the fuck I did that every is on my case like Im being the biggest fucking dick or something.

Whatever Gulanzon, idc be whatever you want, jeez
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. well said, juju and starfall.
    wow. the title of this thread made me laugh so hard.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    yes. well said, juju and starfall.
    wow. the title of this thread made me laugh so hard.
    Why?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Why?
    uh. i think it's obvious. no?

it's just A TOUCH melodramatic.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Creepy-Cyclops

ah I see, but to answer your question, such a thing makes me withdraw, or even slighly annoyed, not laugh so hard.

Creepy-Cyclops

ah I see, but to answer your question, such a thing makes me withdraw, or even slighly annoyed or repulsed, not laugh so hard.